Heart

:laughing:
Only if it’s taken too far. :evilfun:

They are the best things that happened to us because there is no other things that happened to us (accept it or die miserable).

Thinking your way IS a slow kind of dying miserably.

There is a reason that a horse wears blinders but even a horse doesn’t wear them all of the time.
If you take yours off, you will be able to see a much more panoramic landscape to your life, to life in general.
It’s there.
Contrary to what you believe, we need to see also the good and the beautiful in order to thrive and to want to live.

I do in fact take a panoramic view to life and encompass ALL things as the best things in life whereas your argument is that this is not the case.

If all things have the same status, none of them can be best. In order to have “best”, you must also have something that is not as good. A thing has to be better than another thing in order for it to be best.

All things don’t have the same status but all the things that have happened in our life are the best things that have happened in our life.

And they are also the worst things that have happened in our lives.

If you want them to be they can be, but life may get pretty damn miserable if you hold this view.

Yes, you’re right. Perhaps a way round that would be to call the things you like the most, the best things, and only call the things you don’t like, the worst things.

And that is why all the things that have happened in life are the best things that have happened in life.

I went through it once and dont plan to let it happen again.
Then I laugh out loud as I write that.

One Liner"

I believe that you are contradicting yourself here, One Liner.
First you seem to see differences and then you don’t.

Why would you see tragedy as a part of the “best things”? It may be one thing to be fatalistic and pessimistic but it’s another to view all of human reality and the human experience as being the same as you’re doing. You’re also taking the “individual” out of the equation. We become more like the Borg and less human in that way. But that’s just my thinking.

Your statement seems to me to be one of “living a lie”. We sometimes do this because we are afraid to face reality, afraid to see the tragic parts of our lives because of what it might do to us so we choose to live in our own little coccoons. The only thing is that we cannot begin to fly free like the butterfly does until we break free of the fear that binds us by looking at things rightly.

The only thing is that we’re unable to really experience the good and positive when we do this.
I think it’s just a coping mechanism. We all have them but some are better living tools than others.
If pain, loss, tragedy is the same to you as beauty, meaning, happiness, joy et cetera, you’ve missed the boat.

Arcturus, do you see yourself as a mother figure who knows what’s best for others and then lecturers them about what’s best?

Arc, at rare times, is rational.

This is one of those times.

If you emotionally relate to what she says then you will find rationality in what she says (I am ultra cool with that).

On the contrary, emotion doesn’t have to enter into this at least not for the most part. It may simply be my own subjective thinking (and her’s) but I think there is right reason there which is different than “rationality”.

I may be wrong but is it possible that you have cut off the emotional side to you in great detail - especially when dealing with certain things?
That’s also a coping mechanism. You have to balance reason with emotions. Emotions can be just as positive as they can be negative. They just need to be balanced - it’s like a teeter totter ride. It all just depends.

lol You might have said that you could “warm” to that. More emotion there. :wink:

What does “cool” mean anyway? You’re capable of accepting our way of thinking? That’s nice, One Liner. :evilfun:

One Liner is of the buddhist camp of “all 's good” nihilism.

When someone cuts his foot off, he just views it as part of the path to Enlightenment, and unusual, and interesting experience that God has blessed him with, as a form of intellectual entertainment.

He feels pain, but he doesn’t not know why he feels pain, it cannot be explained by science, it is a spiritual thing. Since it is a spiritual thing, it cannot be said to scientifically exist, and so, by his praxis, pain and pleasure do not exist, and are therefore equal, since they cannot be fully explained. This is most likely the root of his praxis.

Arcturus, yes you are wrong.

Lol, if it gives you a feeling of superiority, I can be whatever you want me to be.

One Liner

I’m a Mom and so it’s difficult for me at times to take off “that hat”.
Yes, I am a mother figure and a strong one at times…depending on the circumstances. Yes, there are times when I do know what is “better” for certain individuals - more so than they do ` just as at times there are certain people who know what is better for me.
Do I come across as sometimes lecturing? Perhaps that comes with the territory. Perhaps it is also at times because something is important to me.

The “lecturer” may also be one of the “hats” I wear.

What’s the difference between giving one’s opinion and perspective on something in a forum ~~ and lecturing? How do I determine when I am doing one or the other? I’d really like to know. I’m not trying to be cute.