Introduce yourself here <-----

Carleas?

Carleas is too busy debating 0.9999999ā€¦

Havenā€™t even looked in that thread, just seems like I would be dissapointed. Iā€™m guessing it is mostly just him and James arguing over nothing, stuff most people would shove aside as dated and irrelevant to the task at hand. I gave up when they both blundered on the traffic efficiency thread.

Yes, you would be disappointed

Things are not going. This response is 6 months late.

I should be anointed the deadbeat philosopher king of ILP.

Look for my kitchen in the 2016 Italy Michelin Guide. 3 stars. :wink:

3 stars out of what, 5? Iā€™d prefer a 5 star burrito myself.

3/3 you uncultured smutbag.

Noone rates a restaurant 3/3 stars. Itā€™s always 3/5. Itā€™s probably not even legit.

You donā€™t know anything about our culture. Because if you did, you know that in America we rate things out of 5 or 10 stars. So you are the uncultured one not me.

3/3 implies a lack of resolution and refinementā€¦less options for varied ratingsā€¦simpler judgments, less culture and refinement.

Itā€™s been 3 years or so, so I guess Iā€™d better re-introduce myself.

English-born expat living abroad for the last 20 years, married, 2 children. English teacher for far too long.

Part-time post-philosophic empiricist/pragmatist if you want a classification, and full time asshat.

Old pic Tabā€¦

Time for a update

:smiley: My walker is more steampunked.

Nice to see you back, Tab. Hope things are going well for you, especially if youā€™re still living where you used to beā€¦

Thnx, yea, things are a bit in flux where I am atm. Weā€™re hanging on for now, but depending on how it all pans out in the long run, that may change.

Your re-introducing is not really necessary:

:slight_smile:

Lol, sorry, hadnā€™t read here in ages, coming back was kinda a spontaneous decision. So far, a good one. :smiley:

Thanks.

You will regret it in time. I will see to it.

Hello ILP!

Newbie here just joined. Long time forum denzin looking for a new home. I see we can say fuck here so this may work for me. Will lurk for a while but thought I would introduce myself and say hiya. :slight_smile:

Hi philosophy lovers, I am Destiny and I am here to learn.

My subject is anthropology.

Are there any anthropologists here?

My thesis is coming up, quite soon, I have a couple of months left to complete it.

Some of the issues are still nagging me though, and I have registered on a few forums for help.

I hope I have come to the right place.