Can we just officially close this section already?

All you need to do now is to move on and leave us, the mature and superior philosophers, to discuss philosophy.

I don’t even need to know what he wrote, but know not One liner, you are a objectivist now, and he is playing a game of cat and mouse with you, luring you ever deeper into his rrap, and that Satyr Knows, and your huffing and puffing won’t get you no where.

Prepare for some Smiley faces and catching chicken in nets posts, and calling people kiddies. Also some jumbo jumbo on everyone being scared to debate him on a Marxist confliction of goods…

Yeah, that’s just about everything he will say to you from now on. Its pretty repetitive, like a poorly programmed Alice Bot. Cause… you know… Satyr Knows ; )

Hope you like the word Dasein. He is gonna say it a lot, no matter the absurdity of the circumstance. He just wants to be convinced otherwise. Pains his heart not to be proven wrong, and no matter what you say to him… he doesn’t comprehend. Only the word Dasein makes him happy.

Just say Dasein to him now… surrender and say Dasein, and agree Satyr knows. Surrender to him, agree he caught you, say your tired of the huffing and puffing. Guarantee it won’t change shit. Will deliver the exact same dialogue even after.

Satyr knows :wink:

Life usually keeps me too busy to play cat and mouse but I do very much enjoy the “chickens in nets”.

Well, wait till you see him post them.

Then… wait till he does again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And again.

And fucking again…

With no variation.

Like a souless factory automated line, reproducing the same drivel without change.

I’m dead serious, very good chance he is a Alice Bot, a attempt by Microsoft to make a sentient artificial debater… one they stopped funding but forgot to turn off, left to wander the wastelands of the internet saying Dasein… Dasein… Dasein… a virus without sentience, proclaing a authentic vision of consciousness.

Fewer concepts are more ironic and fucked up than this. Don’t tell me God doesn’t have a twisted sense of humor… as Satyr Knows :wink:

Reminds me of this cartoon.
image.gif

Have you ever seen the cognitive explanations for how that shit is supposed to work. It is some of the most bizarre stuff I’ve seen… I’ve seen a lot over the years, it is when you see people explain the neurology of it to people who don’t get it, it’s like WTF. Is that supposed to be the brain of a cow or bat or dolphin or some shit? Not human.

Some floating around on Reddit like sites, explaining it to the unenlighted. Everyone starts calling bullshit, but they refuse to give in and just say they don’t get it.

Maybe they didn’t draw the shit with vibrant enough colored crayons, don’t know what they think is the reason nobody gets the explanations they offer for how Dasein works. Not my first stroll around for a theory on how cognition works.

Ah, yes, the mature and superior philosophers who aim to reduce the discussion of philosophy down to, say, one line at a time.

Indeed, and never in the same post.

In other words, a Kid. :wink:

Iambigous, I find it fascinating that somehow you have managed to now redefine maturity as word count.

This is already more than one line. So that in and of itself disqualifies him as mature and serious philosopher. Right, One Liner?

Thanks, Turd. That allows me to segue to this: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=189516

Feel free, One Liner, to contribute. You know, one line at a time. :laughing:

I don’t capitalize it. Satyr and Turd do. And I am quick to point out that, pertaining to the overwhelming preponderance of human interactions, dasein [as I understand it] is not in the least bit relevant.

Indeed, and going back [so far] to the Big Bang. Or [perhaps] going all the way back to Turd’s rendition of God.

He is a Catholic, right Turd?

On the other hand, of late, Satyr does not appear to know much at all. Or, if he does, he does not appear interested in sharing it with folks at KT. His lectures are now down to a trickle. In fact, he hasn’t posted anything in days.

Summer vacation perhaps?

Note to others:

Why is it that – sooner or later – I manage to reduce the particularly feckless objectivists [of Satyr’s ilk] down to intellectual glop like this?

They bitch and they moan about the lack of mature and serious philosophy here but what they seem particularly in a huff and a puff about is that others refuse to think about, say, everything in exactly the same manner as they do.

And by everything I mean this: anything.

Go ahead, One Liner, engage Turd in a discussion. Respond substantively [if only one line at a time] to one of his threads.

Let us peruse the predictable result when you actually dare to suggest that he is wrong about something.

And by something I mean this: anything.

In fact, I challenge you!

Iambiguous, I am my own authentic/inauthentic person and always strive to treat others in the same manner (politics is of no interest to me).

Dude, just accept your a Objectivist and move on. I’m certain he more than likely called you one by now. Everyone except AImbigious is a Objectivist, even when he is one (which is usually the case). You will always be in the wrong. He will always be the underdog proving himself right to his adoring audience, whoever the fuck they are.

Ultimately, everyone becomes an objectivist (even if they don’t believe it themselves).

Not me, only Dasein, 100% of the way.

Being-there, done that.

Objectivists: Like shooting turds in a barrel.

Hmm…

Maybe it’s time to lock this one, Carleas. :wink:

Iambiguous, why are you so full of contempt?

We should just lock Turd and Iambiguous in a steel cage letting them fight it out to the death already.

Sounds like a good idea to me but who is going to take on the winner?

And to think that all I ever really wanted is for Turd to admit that he is in way over his head when the discussion shifts from Nihilism as an intellectual contraption to nihilism as “for all practical purposes” an actual thing – reflected in the behaviors that we choose – here on the ground.

Instead, “down here” I thumped him time and again.

And now [as with Satyr] his only recourse is to make me “disappear” from his life. That way he doesn’t have to be troubled by the points I raise at all.

And, sure, I have to admit it’s a pretty effective strategy. =D>

I have come to the conclusion that there is a lot of dick swinging here at ILP.