"Mental" Illness: The Future of Treatment

I have friends who use marijuana. I cannot condemn them. I use “legal” drugs for the same reasons.

What I am condemning is legalizing marijuana - I’m not condemning your friends, Ierrellus.

Oh ,but you are if you do. You would criminalize my friends for possession.

This thread is about to enter its fifth year. My heartfelt thanks to all who have contributed to it.
Maybe we can close it with good wishes to all who participated. Have a happy, healthy life.

On second thought, observing threads in this forum, this one may indeed still be relevant.
Is there anyone here who does not see the pharmaceutical industry as the enemy to mental health and the psychiatrists and psychologists as duping the patient? Suffering from major depression, genetically inherited, I have found some stability in meds and some positive mental influence from psychotherapists. Am I alone in finding some positive results from the current psychiatric treatment?

Ierr,

No, you are not alone.

I believe the entire society is duping the patient, down from the doctors to their every day acquaintances. It’s all a conspiracy, even the Doctors themselves are being duped and brainwashed.

Dogs seem happier than humans. When they see a squirrell, they chase after it. Yet Men are not allowed to chase what they desire, feminists call it “Cat Calling” and the punish anyone who dares it. Men sit in cubicles every day like caged animals. They are not even allowed to play computer games on the job. It’s all a bunch of social bullshit, people’s dogma, ironically preventing people from behaving as free dogs.
Dogs are happier…can this picture lie?

So I present to you a song, in honor of the “WIld Dog” in us all, begging to be free of the tyranna of social dogmas. Dog-ma…being told what to do by ma’s.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LQa2xURahU[/youtube]

You’re not the boss of us Arc. You ain’t nobody.

I’m just tired of hearing blame for society when society is comprised of individuals who should be responsible members of a society, should be able to repair what is wrong in society. In other words to blame society for its ills may be to blame oneself for not getting involved in society. If the DSM5 is extravagant, fix it. If big pharmacy and psychiatrists are in cahoots to sell drugs, stop them!

Give me a squadron of a couple of multimillion dollar jets, and society will change.

That’s the fairy tale of those who suffer from a victim mentality–some superhero or enough weapons will rectify all of society’s ills. The individual needs not feel responsible for what is wrong or how to fix it!

I’m not responsible for society, it’s crazy to say that I am.

Did I declare war on Iraq? No.
Did I build the mental institutions and write the DSM 5? No.
Do I actually have any say in the DSM 5? No.

So you live somehow outside of the society in which you live? You are saying that your voice for truth doesn’t matter, that the steamroller that is mindless society will just overrun everyone?

That’s exactly how it is.

I mean, look at the elections.

Our choices on the plate:
Total fascist who wants to take away our American rights

Total warmonger and a corrupt banking felon who wants WW3.

Don’t want to look at the elections. They are too divisive. I’d say the politics of politics and the politics of MI treatment are apples and oranges–both fruit, but each a separate state of affairs.

Ierrellus, you have a point; any positive change in society can only be through a mass individual awakening, not by means of good Fuehrers and infallible bombing strategists.

youtube.com/watch?v=Pg2np37JNEg

Trixie, if you have the airport, I have the jets. Err, no, I mean, I have a better idea; give me your airport. If you have so much land, why not think about your land being the first home of the new type of non-nationalist enclaves generally emerging in lands lawfully taken in the name of the people. We shall uplift and sustain civilization (i.e., a life support system) in our rising enclaves. Coming back to the topic, we can even ensure the return of mental health by putting the brakes on nationalist govern-mental illness. All such a system needs is a new, egalitarian*, non-nationalist, economic system to be its backbone.

If you can focus your thoughts enough to understand the science of what i lay out, the basic new (old) civilizational concept is outlined here: djedefsauron.net/index.php?o … Itemid=148

• each gets as much as he gives, not “slightly” lesser due to usury. I’ll be putting out my whitepaper on this new economic system soon enough. It’s based on the monetary theories and philosophy of Silvio Gesell.

regarding this, i mean, the general matter of reform and the matter of bringing it about ASAP… i wrote a poem, maybe you’ll like it:

/FAST://

Go to school
(take a loan)

Get a job
(as your hobbies die out)

Buy poisoned goods
(belly dance for your boss)

Buy yuppie buy
Commit suicide

Get promoted
(pull another down)

Eat some more
(as most of mankind starves)

Join the old boys’ club
(lose your hair)

yuppie says Hi
I’m like goodbye

//SLOW://

when trapped in the Absurd

instead of making children suffer the same

Even giant pandas have the sense

to leave reproduction to a better day

But he marries, and soon the big bang

as if there’s no better way

as if there’s nothing better to do

oh, his greed and desperation!

And whatever he knows

He teaches to his children

And thus, day after day

the Yuppie cycle starts anew

//FAST://

Go to school
(take a loan)

Get a job
(watch your hobbies die out)

Buy poisoned goods
(belly dance for your boss)

Buy yuppie buy
Commit suicide

Get promoted
(pull another down)

Eat some more
(as mankind starves)

Join an old boys’ club
(lose your hair)

the yuppie says Hi
I’m like goodbye

//SLOW://

How could we be like

rats chasing the pied piper

Racing against logic

in search of fools’ gold

The information age

has deleted man’s confusion

Late, but like fate,

It’s the Dawn of the Millennials’ revolution!

//
Soon to be converted into a top post-punk/heavy metal (blended, in the manner of Killing Joke) super-hit ! Ahem,… any suggestions, or? … shall we go ahead with… this… and the Millennials’ Revolution?

I don’t have anything but lots of furniture, electronic components, appliances and TV’s. I’m a broke ass nigga.

But that doesn’t sound as exciting as tearing everything to pieces ala Raptor Call of the Shadows.

Good poem! Hopefully, the Millennials will institute laws for use of cannabis. Lesser of two evils? More die from prescription drugs than from marijuana. I welcome the revolution.

So you are not a member of the society you see as ill?