Orlando Shooter: Normam Bates, loner, couldn't hook up?

Discussion of the recent unfolding of history.

Re: Orlando Shooter: Normam Bates, loner, couldn't hook up?

Postby phyllo » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:24 pm

He does he have to wait?

All sorts of groups were pushing their narratives and agendas even before the bodies were cold.

LGBTQ, gun control, anti-muslim ...
phyllo
ILP Legend

Postby Arcturus Descending » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:38 pm

phyllo wrote:He does he have to wait?

All sorts of groups were pushing their narratives and agendas even before the bodies were cold.

LGBTQ, gun control, anti-muslim ...

Well, I suppose that one doesn't have to wait.
Maybe it's more a question of consciousness and good taste for lack of a better word.
Human ethics?
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby Ultimate Philosophy 1001 » Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:41 am

Arcturus Descending wrote:We all at times must examine our sanity and at times our lack of inhibitions and our indiscretion.

The day I posted what I did in response to your post, I believe it was just the night before that i was watching the news and they showed the names and the ages of all of those people who had been gunned down. I believe that the oldest one may have been 31.
I don't know if you saw that, and if so, what affect it had on you. So my emotions were a bit raw to say the least. It was so heartbreaking - all of this violence, destruction, loss of life, pain. .

If I were you, I'd be crying every day. Do you know that 151,600 people die each day?
trogdor
Ultimate Philosophy 1001
BANNED

Postby Arcturus Descending » Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:26 pm

Ultimate Philosophy 1001 wrote:
Arcturus Descending wrote:We all at times must examine our sanity and at times our lack of inhibitions and our indiscretion.

The day I posted what I did in response to your post, I believe it was just the night before that i was watching the news and they showed the names and the ages of all of those people who had been gunned down. I believe that the oldest one may have been 31.
I don't know if you saw that, and if so, what affect it had on you. So my emotions were a bit raw to say the least. It was so heartbreaking - all of this violence, destruction, loss of life, pain. .

If I were you, I'd be crying every day. Do you know that 151,600 people die each day?

Yes, but crying every day would not be so good for our mental health - unless just a bit of a catharsis when needed.
But I do cry when I hear about man's inhumanity to man when I hear it. I also rage over it at times. That just comes with knowing that we are powerless in some ways to prevent certain things. I also realize that it goes on everyday in places and we don't hear about it.
Many of us, especially in this country, are such a spoiled bunch. We don't realize how lucky we are. Even if we took the time to contemplate the lives of others, we still couldn't "see" them - only our own petty grievances. Something like what happened in Orlando could be such a wake up call for us - how precious life is, how precious our loved ones are, how short and precariously life actually can be, is.
"Look closely. The beautiful may be small."

"Two things fill the mind with ever new and increasing admiration and awe, the oftener and more steadily we reflect on them: the starry heavens above me and the moral law within me."

“Whereas the beautiful is limited, the sublime is limitless, so that the mind in the presence of the sublime, attempting to imagine what it cannot, has pain in the failure but pleasure in contemplating the immensity of the attempt.”

Immanuel Kant
Arcturus Descending
Consciousness Seeker

Postby lordoflight » Thu Dec 13, 2018 8:21 pm

Uccisore wrote:I wouldn't explore/attack the gay community over this just yet. The nightclub owner is so far saying he doesn't remember ever seeing this guy there beore, and it's entirely possible that the accusations that he was cruising for cock are just the community (understandably) lashing out at him. I think that's all just rumor at this point.

It is possible, that it was another fake shooting, done by the government, to ban all our guns. The man could have been framed.

Also, turd said that the middle east is gay friendly, but I don't buy it. If I was a fag, which I'm not, there's no way in hell I'd be over in the middle east. I'd rather take my chances in a gay bar and getting mass-shooted by a fag.
lordoflight

Previous

Return to Current Events