Couple of songs...

I did like 6 posts in a row, so I hope you see them…

A couple from singing shows (not to be underestimated)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a6dxNsWMb_E

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4OHpYA0FA

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fT75Wyv_jxY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nKhN1t_7PEY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tUYGzZ0tQpA

A couple familiar 80’s songs… And the beginning of this posting spree…

viewtopic.php?p=2601713#p2601713

I hope you enjoy this thread!

Here’s another great performance from a singing show

m.youtube.com/watch?v=h_aiawC-9aM

Now, if you look back, Haley’s performance of house of the rising sun, is probably the best performance on a singing show …

She holds a record for three standing ovations in one season (though she didn’t win )

This is a really good performance from David cook …

So, I’m going to explain this experimental song by bread that I posted before… I posted a new post just before this, so check it out!!

This song uses the new technology of synthetic sound, but it is the first precursor to disco, which became the precursor to techno, which became the precursor to music today…

This is a huge song in music history, and not many people know that!!

This band not only invented the whole entire genre if soft rock!!! Which is totally fucking amazing !!!

They were the inventors of music we hear today!!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZo06Gasdk

I don’t think you truly understand the magnitude of David gates … He’s done more for music (in the 60’s and 70’s than has been done up to 100 years!)

I’ll find one of their soft rock songs…

They invented soft rock (wtf!!!???). And they set the groundwork for disco and techno !!

They are probably, in terms of influence , the best band they ever was!!! Not necessarily the most interesting music… But sheer influence !!!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRc1saiTUU

Soo… This song has a funny story…

There was a session set up where the Beatles and the beegees would sing together on some tracks …

The Beatles decided they were WAY too cool for the beegees, so they never showed up…

Now the Beatles producers were there… With the whole Beatles catalog, and they were like… You beegees can sing whatever you want (unprecedented at the time !)

Here’s one of those songs…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QU_tOlCYGvI

I forgot to add… Maurice Gibb does the impeccable voice of Lennon in this song … The other two beegees sing the parts of three of the other Beatles. !

I’m a huge beegees fan…

They are one of the top six selling artists of all time,

There with Elvis, the Beatles, Paul McCartney by himself, michael Jackson and Garth brooks…

But they hold two very serious records …

The most number 1’s (consecutive) in a row (6)

And the band (or solo) that’s spent the most time on the billboards - 45 years !!!

They are the best harmonizers in music history!

Some of the best song writers!

I’m trying to upgrade my cool profile…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-qmW2MDmZQ

Many consider this German band to be the first synthesized band … But technically , it’s not true !

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YXgvsUjstXY

Just to be factually accurate …

Here’s another one of the cool ones from a singing show …

m.youtube.com/watch?v=34p9TAaU2h8

This song was actually written by sting …,

The drama around this song was how long it took sting to begrudgingly admit that she sang it better than him!!! This is Eva Cassidy , she died at. 33 of cancer, never getting a record deal … Thus was recorded from a bar she sang at.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=bQB45Vk62ps

One of the studio heads that refused to sign her (because she wouldn’t sing pop songs like Britney Spears …) came to her death bed and asked her to forgive him!

Here’s a couple more songs from the bar with Eva …

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2rd8VktT8xY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KWvPOJOYqG

m.youtube.com/watch?v=pPAGH0AT-os

I have to correct myself… I was doing some searching and found out that as of 2015…

Michael Jackson holds the record for the longest time on the billboard charts…

Though granted, the beegees were still alive for their record …

This song just has to go here …

m.youtube.com/watch?v=H9694K85Xc8

And this song…!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NNiie_zmSr8

And this song…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=iN9CjAfo5n0

Look at last post… Chain posting…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=-u3VEoxQLPE

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fXq81-cGJr4

m.youtube.com/watch?v=CUCLNPOjPZw