Couple of songs...

m.youtube.com/watch?v=dYrZ8I4NrdI

New page after two posts in a row … Easy for someone to miss this !!

I think I posted this before… Very non obvious bee gees song…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=SouY1MKclZ4

I’ve gotta put this song in here…

All andy gibb wanted to be, was a beegee, and his brothers never let him in the group… He died of a drug overdose…

Before he died, Barry gibb wrote this song for him…

It’s the only song where all 4 brothers sang together…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=NhJn_fMCL7M

People like to make fun of the beegees but they are probably the best harmonizers (better than the beach boys) in music history, and some of the best song writers… Here’s a little groove from the 70’s…

The beegees have the distinction of being on the billboard charts longer than anyone, solo or band — 45 years!! Try to pull that shit off!!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UBgAj4cNee4

I’m going to make another kenny loggins post with some commentary …

Kenny wrote this song when he was in his mid -late teens about a friend of his … Can you imagine writing this in your teens ???

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4FDcTyyXQb8

This next song he wrote for his father diagnosed with cancer!! It speaks for itself…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=WflkuBweSYo

Father songs !!!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yERildSsWxM

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2i43aAn2rq8

m.youtube.com/watch?v=qsocZrEcp0Y

m.youtube.com/watch?v=UBo6MccXIIA

This is an obvious song… But great!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=OlKaVFqxERk

This is not as obvious a song … Not really soft rock from them, but this band INVENTED the whole fucking genre if soft rock !! And they were the first band to use synthetic sound in a track (moog synthesizer )!!!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=zbIfOpaXNUs

I love teaching music history like this…

This is one of breads concept songs…

Sung in French and English !! Very rare for songs in English !!!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZo06Gasdk

When one of the greatest songs in music history only has 40,000 views, you know something is wrong with the culture!

I’m going to post more than a few really fast, including my last one, so I hope you see then all…

You shouldn’t underestimate singing shows …

m.youtube.com/watch?v=HDGngzeOBhY

Let’s rewind a couple hundred years to my favorite mozart concerto!!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=yM8CFR01KwQ

Something funny about the first video of the girl on the singing show … In the middle of the song, Jennifer Lopez says “fuck!” And it’s cut from the song … You’ll see it if you watch the video

There was this really bizarre composer named godowsky, who decided the Chopin etudes (studies) were WAY to fucking easy… So he decided , what the fuck… I need to write these FOR THE LEFT HAND ONLY!! In the process he completely revolutionized polyphony in music… Here’s a sample…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=LuEa1XLEVSw

But that wasn’t enough for him… He thought “one étude at a time is too easy… How about I take two etudes and play them on top of each other!!”

m.youtube.com/watch?v=JUGXQtxYR9U

!!!

Sorry, see my last post…

I did a quick search and found what I thought was what is known as a godowsky “combination study”

Here’s a real one !! Two of them are known to be lost…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=2s05nxBPEcc

I did like 6 posts in a row, so I hope you see them…

A couple from singing shows (not to be underestimated)

m.youtube.com/watch?v=a6dxNsWMb_E

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4F4OHpYA0FA

m.youtube.com/watch?v=fT75Wyv_jxY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=nKhN1t_7PEY

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tUYGzZ0tQpA

A couple familiar 80’s songs… And the beginning of this posting spree…

viewtopic.php?p=2601713#p2601713

I hope you enjoy this thread!

Here’s another great performance from a singing show

m.youtube.com/watch?v=h_aiawC-9aM

Now, if you look back, Haley’s performance of house of the rising sun, is probably the best performance on a singing show …

She holds a record for three standing ovations in one season (though she didn’t win )

This is a really good performance from David cook …

So, I’m going to explain this experimental song by bread that I posted before… I posted a new post just before this, so check it out!!

This song uses the new technology of synthetic sound, but it is the first precursor to disco, which became the precursor to techno, which became the precursor to music today…

This is a huge song in music history, and not many people know that!!

This band not only invented the whole entire genre if soft rock!!! Which is totally fucking amazing !!!

They were the inventors of music we hear today!!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=tjZo06Gasdk

I don’t think you truly understand the magnitude of David gates … He’s done more for music (in the 60’s and 70’s than has been done up to 100 years!)

I’ll find one of their soft rock songs…

They invented soft rock (wtf!!!???). And they set the groundwork for disco and techno !!

They are probably, in terms of influence , the best band they ever was!!! Not necessarily the most interesting music… But sheer influence !!!

m.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRc1saiTUU

Soo… This song has a funny story…

There was a session set up where the Beatles and the beegees would sing together on some tracks …

The Beatles decided they were WAY too cool for the beegees, so they never showed up…

Now the Beatles producers were there… With the whole Beatles catalog, and they were like… You beegees can sing whatever you want (unprecedented at the time !)

Here’s one of those songs…

m.youtube.com/watch?v=QU_tOlCYGvI

I forgot to add… Maurice Gibb does the impeccable voice of Lennon in this song … The other two beegees sing the parts of three of the other Beatles. !