Clockwork Blue

Yes yes, such as those more than deserve it,
The world owes them encounters, even if clockwork be mere metaphors, a pan autofocus of an shift from blue to orange, under and through a lens of ultra violet and red, night vision in absurdly cast theatres of simulation, xxx rated and in the dark,
Where their fear of last call is negatived by this last
Stage of illusive sensation,

Don’t worry if you can change reality by the compensating ethos of preception’s obscurity,
Where you are able to change reality by simply telephoto tricks, and after all did not they say of the impression,
Esse est percipii?

Nothing is deserving hack
all is determined by the outcome

Boring you’ve become
stagnate
the same bullshit
to grow new flowers
with powers you do not have
but dream of

You take yourself as example
and think the other
is flattering self
when he speaks
and this is where you expose
and I see
you already told me this is what you do
and I simply read you
exposing yourself
to me
It’s damn easy

as if to speak of beauty one must be a model
and to speak of strength one must be Hercules
poor hag
with a magic bag, of words
words like the liars she falls for
hook-line and sinker
poor thinker
works she cannot define, but only wine
insinuating using them, as if it were enough
except for a simple duff

Simple yet profound through experience says Marcus Aurelius: an untested wisdom is nought.

Tested it is

And continues to be.
I’ve met all my major goals
Dear spinster dame

Everyday I watch and test…and this is why ILP is the best
A den of crazies all in one asylum
Openly displaying their insanity

a perfect place to observe and test

Bravo, I applaud you, the test is best,
Now we can drop all facade, well some,
&con tune you to the quest.

The facade was yours, not mine
and now you pretend, again
But I saw
Nothing like first impressions
a covenant of witches, bitches

You beckoned and when I finally heard your feeble whispering
gossipy gossips with your sisters
I came to cum and then some

and now you run,
as if you can redo and reboot

Dear spinster
patterns, not stars and clusters
are my guide
Patterns accessible to all,
readable by all
usable by all
the Devil is in the details

no preachers, no leaders
I seek men not wenches addicted to pretty words from ugly boys

be or-bie not

There ain’t no crossover between Real men and hopeless romantics say you ? I could’ve proved with bravado, some, sorrily reception is sorely filled with static. But that’s the limit of unkindness I would opt for at this time. Wench , sphincter or whatever, I still think amid the confusing inanities therein You a webful if not chalk full of possibilities.

By by blackbird, how many ways could you look at them

EE Cum in gs.

Jakob

I prefer the ad, Jake. The other takes on a different connotation.
I am a skeptic now where before I was far less of one. I think that like everything else, it’s a process of active consciousness and realizations.
Much of what goes on in this forum is based on opinion. How could this thread be based on anything but that unless you give me evidence to the contrary.

Well, I can’t say that I am the quintessential skeptic and would I even want to be. Not sure what you mean by "doubted everything. That could also explain a highly scrupulous person. But since coming to ilp and even before that, I have come to question many things which others take for granted.

Well, not sure if one could call astrology a religion, but again, where is the proof of its validity?
Perhaps astrology is like prayer in some ways. The belief of how one is written in the stars is the momentum which someone needs to re-order their life to make something happen - just as prayer is the momentum which people sometimes need in order to make something happen. Just that little push of belief and faith in one’s self and in a god… Does that mean that god answered the prayers? I don’t think we could even show evidence of that.

When I was a practicing catholic, I would at times agonize over the divinity of Christ. I believed in god but i just couldn’t grasp how that could be - so I fluctuated from belief to questioning to disbelief and back again. lol It’s always a good thing to have proof of something - the bible isn’t it and others’ word of mouth isn’t it and simply believing it, letting it go and believing in something, isn’t it. Where is the integrity for truth there?

Which facts are you speaking about - how close you appeared to have come in evaluating what the stars have said about the posters or the facts of how astrology can really point to an individual’s fate or destiny?

No, you’re wrong. But I will re-think the later. I realize though that we all have biases and assumptions and I’m quite aware when I am making them - I begin to intuit when I am making them since i know from my past history how easy it is to believe something based on a desire to ble happy, to be safe and secure, based on lazy thinking, not wanting to question and muse about things. We are all in that place at times.
Answer a question for me - do you not think that it would serve me far better to simply assume without any doubts that astrology is based in fact and “reality” ? Just like it would serve me far better to “believe” in some god as people do, even if simply as a deist, rather than being an agnostic and withholding judgment?

How easy is it when we’ve read our horoscopes about who we are to be impressed and happy with the positive things which are said about us. But in a sense even the negative things can be used for the good, if we’re honest enough to see them in ourselves.
But really when you think about it, I can see parts of myself, both the positive and the negative, in all the signs. I’m a libra, yes, and librans search for seek balance in their lives which I do. But what came first, my reading that sign and becoming impressed by it and trying to transform my life around it? Librans also have a great sense of beauty but are librans the only ones who value beauty and couldn’t any other sign if they are capable of it, value the same art, poetry, landscapes in nature that I do? We have to be able to see just as much as we can - all we can before making a decision or not deciding at all.

The end. lol

I think astrology works because of the same reason people criticize it: that it “gives you (only) what you already expect and want”, as people say we just psychologically validate and confirmation bias our way to whatever outcomes we end up seeing as meaningful… Yes exactly. Astrology is a highly sophisticated system for allowing us to mirror ourselves and “see what we want to see”, which isn’t a weakness but is actually a strength.

What do we “want” and “expect” to see? What we already are. Desires form far beyond what we are possible to think about or assume; we always know far more that we know we know. Astrology is a way of waking us up to this fact.

Derivative linear causal reductive logic might be all fine and good for the science of how to build a space shuttle, but we see all around us the disastrous effects of that kind of logic being applied to human beings. We aren’t simply somewhat more complex space shuttles, we have entirely different logical rules, different realities entirely. The power of the mind and emotions to influence reality directly is beyond dispute.

As with self-valuing, one must have faith to make use of logic that deviates from the standard positivistic utilitarian scientific approach, whether as astrology or philosophy or meditation or some other kind of “direct reality contact”.

Excellent analysis.
The hypnotizer has no magical powers. He convinces the “victim” that he is magical, that he has powers he cannot comprehend.
The victim places himself under his spell.

The method is one manipulating needs/desires.
The magician/priest seduces the other. A form of madness, such is lust/love.
The magician triggers in the victim what is present.
Exploits its presence.
Then allows the victim to believe it was he who placed it there.

Magic refers to the usage of words to trigger/direct/exploit internal patterns.

Nervous system directs stimulations from external sources (exoteric) and internal ones (esoteric) towards the processing organ, the brain.
Magic, as it is practiced by most, overemphasizes the internal producing a psychosomatic effect.
The external is selectively samples, to add to the method validity.
The external is the redirection of the sleight of hand magician.
The mind focuses on this external as the internal is manipulated.
Manipulation using words.
Inserting words as suggestions, stimulates these internal sources based on cellular activity, metabolic systolic diastolic rates, but on a shallower level it manipulates memories, emotions, sensations, feelings.
The words trigger these, and they come bubbling up to consciousness in a confused mix.
Unable to make sense of them the magician gives them meaning.
The mind grabs onto this, to save itself from the stress these sensations are producing in him.

Usually what has been repressed is what the mind could not process, could not order.
It is a source of anxiety/fear needing to be dealt with, or pushed back inside, repressed, pushed under the level of consciousness.
This may come forth in sleep, as dream, or express itself in obsession, sexual fantasies.

Magician throws words around, metaphors, insinuations, and one will trigger an internal distress, releasing these repressed sensations and the imagery attached to them by the individual himself.

Barnum Effect

Pathos,

Tell you a curious story, and it is not made up or anything but there is something to magick.

I was despairing of relating, and after 3 breakups and 2 engagements, headed into the bosom of the Wild West, away away from the constrains of the vast Midwestern plains. Was transferred from the military was one excuse to one in LaLa land, and to skip foreward a bit, found myself in prison. There, writhing over lost love, between heaven and hell and life and death, I asked deliverance, and in 1 month, was engaged and married. My birthday is 8/4, hers : 4/8. If that is enough, my badge of courage also consisted of eights and fours, with an occasional two slipping in.

Now numerology and astrology are kissing cousins and various schools of thought attest to this phenomena.

The scenario of infinity in terms of a psychic consciousness evolving over infinite duration, unfo strained by perceived limitations placed on travel through space, increase the odds of a satori like imminence all around the place, with no sense of discontinuity in the space between birth and death.

Here the karmic laws pervade, in the degree of association, disassociation, consciousness. That these forces do not intervene in the appearent, phenomenal world become of no surprise, since,
appearance and reality became fused and conflated, simply as the outcome of the merging , the construction of effects.

The cosmic color shifts in the hands of master craftsmen, natural artists, are too grounded in the phenomenon of color shifts, as they are the only vehicles by which the shifting large scale entities of galaxies can be apprehended and measured. For the colors to shift from red/orange to blue, there develops a method in the madness of becoming cosmically aware of how the shifts manifest gradual and not sudden detachment. Our awareness, loaded with archetypical perception, could not validate shifts, before this, and the logic of-philosophy mind saw Parmenedies as the winner in the contest with Heraclitus. This went on, until the reversal of types of logic of which the famous Renee Descartes expressed, and the new quantum world us of.

Ummm…that’s peitho not pathos.
peitho is to convince, from the Greek goddess of persuasion.
Pathos is passion.

The mind is addicted to patterns.
It a forager of patterns, because it is a organ/tool evolved in an organism dependent on patterns.
Pattern being another word for order.
So obsessed with it that it seeks it everywhere, wanting to absorb what is occurring as it absorbs food, which is also pattern.

Body consumes genetic patterns, mind consumes memetic patterns.
To give its life meaning, and to establish predictability, offering the illusion of control, the mind connects unrelated patterns, finding commonality, as if it hints at design - fate.
From this the presupposition that all in cosmos is a pattern, discounts chaos, or randomness, to feel like control over one’s destiny is possible.
Man as God.
This relates to astrology.

Some patterns are, indeed, related, others are connected using symbols like dates and numbers, which are human constructs.
The division of the earth year is a human technology/technique, as are numbers and the binary 1/0 they are based on.
There is no such thing as a one…anywhere outside human brains.
One is a metaphor, applicable to all unities unified within the human mind as abstraction.

1/0 is based on the on/off cellular activity.
On = neural pulse going through neural cluster (1)
Off = no pulse going through neural cluster (0)
Human metabolic rates, and cellular activities.
Systolic/Diastolic.
No magic.
Metabolic rates are the basis for our experience of time/space.

All technologies and techniques are extensions of organic processes. Man translates genetic code (pattern) into numerical code and then builds versions of his physical processes externally, or applies organic processes externally.
Genetic code = memory, nature/past sum of all past nurturing
Memetic code = memory/knowledge, cultural traditions, morals, rituals, behaviors passed on as linguistic code, and numerical code.

Man sees himself everywhere.
And so we have the Christian One-God.
Pagan gods represented the multiplicity of natural processes, anthropomorphized.
Pagan man made sense of world by translating it into symbols he could identify with, feel intimate with, giving him a sense of meaning, that also explained catastrophes, and the unforeseen.
A sense that he could do something about them, deciding his own fate before the incomprehensible and unforeseeable.

Words/Numbers are such representations.
Misunderstood by moderns when they are taken literally, and not as artistic, not figuratively.
Words/Numbers are approximations…and lines are not things existing outside the human brain.
There is no line, or point in time/space.

The world is dynamic.
It is interactive.
Meaning all is in constant movement.
Man feels this all around him and inside him.
He senses it intuitively.
He seeks patterns in this interactivity to make sense of it all.
At times he connects what is coincidental, drawing from it desirable meanings, as if his life is directed by some higher power, or some unseen force - predestination.
This is comforting.

Detaching words/numbers from phenomena, the apparent, liberates them from the limitations imposed upon representations by the world itself. Moderns love this, because it gives them the sense of liberty, as if they can determine their own fate simply by reinterpreting existence (changing your perspective suffices to change world), or by naming themselves this or that (declaring themselves whatever they wish).
This is how charlatans can place words in whatever sequence they prefer, to make them seductive to those they wish to manipulate and exploit.

This dis-ease is called nihilism, and you can see it in economics and how money was detached form the Gold Standard, leading to the recent collapse, because con-artst could sell total noetic fabrications referring to nothing…hot air, to gullible materialists, desperate to become rich and escape their genetics.
We can see this in how moderns use words to redefine themselves, free from past/nature, or to fabricate their identity using symbols - not only words but surgery, clothing, social titles, cars etc.
Philosophy in the service of weakness, seeking a quick and easy solution to its predicament…desiring power.

Case in point…
Look at how Christianity placed “love” the word, now void of its natural connections, before existence.
God = love
Love creates (creator) man.

Using a more idiotic, local approach, value as creating self = value selfing.
The order can be anything, the words anything positive.
The justification is how it makes us feel.
How it makes the many feel determines its value, its “truth”.
Measured in quantities - popularity.

We can see the same thing in art, where painters, for one, can splash paint on canvas, or draw a line, and then sell it as “genius” to gullible idiots, desperate to appear sophisticated.
The real is insignificant, because the observer projects his own private psychosis in the art, as if the artist intended it to be there.
Then, if enough are sold on the lie, the artists is established as trendy, as talented.
Surrealism.
Manipulating and exploiting human vanity, anxiety, emotions.
Unfortunately this has trickled into philosophy
No longer about world, but more about politics, or psychology - offering to the many a feel-good explanation.
The idea judged not by how it refers to the apparent, the observable, but by how it relates and feeds into the desirable, the emotional.
Throw words around is any sequence, where it triggers an emotional positive reaction in the listener, and you can call yourself a philosopher.

When I was young I too had similar experiences.
One was that despite not being married in my thirties I, somehow, felt I would, and that I would have a son.
And I did.
The psychosomatic effect, or placebo effect.
You will yourself towards the desirable goal, with many subtle, unconscious, adjustments.
You place yourself open to the possibility, and opportunity may come knocking.
You affect other minds with your stance.
You recall success, forget failure, disappointment, because memory recalls the past selectively.

Hi Jerkey, yes your story resonates with me, I have had too many similar type experiences as yours to reasonably discount such things as entirely due to things like confirmation bias and the law of large numbers. These things definitely play a role, but one flirts with a special kind of insanity and irrationality and denial trying to stretch these to incorporate everything that takes place.

Astrology probably operates to an extent as I described above, but the key here is also in how as I mentioned “we always know more than we know we know”, combined with how what we desire, expect, feel, think and perceive are reflections of what we already are. Phenomenology is a method of evolving metaphysics toward more appropriate and deep union with reality as it is below the surfaces of our salient awareness and habitual ideas of it. Astrology could only work as I described, as a kind of method of self-reflection and projection of what one already is and expects, if that method were already tied into the deeper subtler stuff of existence. Because astrology doesn’t just give us information about ourselves in isolation from things, it gives us information about the world and about other people too.

It is not too difficult to conceive a basic theoretical framework for how astrology could function physically, chemically, astronomically. The real issue with skeptics is that they do not want to give to their faith the kind of direct self-valuing trust and risk which would be required for them to entertain the kinds of posited conditions and structures (physically and logically) needed to see how astrology could represent something real. The fact that astrology has been so often bastardized and turned into stupid shit like daily horoscopes and fortune cookies is only a sign of how falsehoods use truths to climb into existence; as too with what we see in philosophy, bad/false philosophy makes (improper and misleading) use of good/true philosophy and so succeeds at muddying the waters.

Muddying the waters in this way gives perfect regimes of excuses, denial and cynicism for people who are subject to more “emotional entropy” and are more reactive and thus unable to entertain complex hypothetical thought-structures. Also this explains why these same kinds of people try to turn philosophy into a merely empirical exercise of positivism, utilitarianism, denial, instrumental capitalism.

That was quite good.

My reading was spot on. Knowing about my posts did not have to align with any astrological descriptions of my personality, but it did.

Slur, slurp slurpy
old baby got a tummy ache
it hurty
mommy need come
ol’ wrinkled baby him burpy

Daddy in the living room
his name Bill
he on,
the blue-pill
not like momma
she knocked-up

such a thrill
nothing left to spill
baby have a sister
name her jerky

Swallowed it all
and the two balls

“Man as God”

“Slurpie”

All over the place Satyr
My reading of you was immaculate. Now youre hooked on my threads like Lyssa was.

It is funny how now that i read you, you attribute it to correct observation of your psyche. Before I read you, when I just observed, you merely dismissed it.

I see you, cavedweller.

You should write a volume of poetry about me. It will make you some money. I gave you a style.

Coward wants to drive Igor home
wanting the den of dimwits as his own
kingdom for a weak king
mind trapped in a symbiotic sling

kicking dead horses, was a sport
practiced when there were no snitches to report
the puppet-master fails to see
how the puppet is pulling at his fingers
and delivers the declaration of
vic-tory

Wooden boy wanted to be a man
on a demand

So obsessed all are
with a clown
dancing and begging for eyes around
desperate to be seen by those he does despise
a compro-mise
such need is not easy to ignore, by Igor
when the world has become populated by languor

Every town needs a fool
thinking himself cool
the opposite of love is not hate
what could be more disastrous to a
weakling than indifference

The king of kings offers his borrowed treasures
generously
even what does not belong to him
A miser-rable pretending not to be
fleeing in the van headed to a warm salty sea

Maybe he just wanted to cut to the chase…though the username is peitho.
Pathos is also used to convince and to persuade.
It isnt so much a part of passion but is “used” to induce others to passion.

Pathos is often used in writings deliberately to convince/induce others to their side or to change thier mind about something.
I used it once in a letter from an unborn child to its mother.
But I would suppose that if one is passionate about something, they would use pathos as a writing or speaking tool.