Universe and Time

If they did not respect it, then they would not be cynics. So the furtive (secret) respect is already a part of the definition of “cynic”.

Yeah … I guess.

‘Many’ is too vague to draw any conclusions from here.

Science has become more and more a function of politics. Scientists have become politically correct functionaries of the cynical rulers.

If those who are not scientists want to have scientific solutions, then they have to use their own brains in the first place.

Kant wrote:
[list]“Habe Mut, dich deines eigenen Verstandes zu bedienen!”
[size=85](Immanuel Kant, Beantwortung der Frage: Was ist Aufklärung?, 1784.)[/size]
Translation:
“Have courage to use your own mind!”[/list:u]

Imagine there is no metaphysics and no physics anymore, because both are indirectly forbidden by the government. There is merely something like a socialpsychological religion which is called “science”. And one day you see this:

What are your thoughts?

I suspect that I wouldn’t change much. I am the “problem-solver” type and thus always seek a means to better things. And that invariably leads to stepping on the Devil’s toes, which in turn leads to having to solve ALL problems … the very inspiration for metaphysics - the seeking of the underlying principles. And my particular metaphysics endeavor was not created from modern science nor ancient religion, thus would no doubt have spawned to be the same - a logic and rationality based ontology (the engineer’s solution).

And as always, I would rather live in the spirit of love than die in the fear of loss. Understanding of metaphysics or not doesn’t change that.

Alright. But I when I said that “there is no metaphysics and no physics anymore” I meant that there is no knowledge about metaphysics and physics anymore. :astonished: :open_mouth:

And now, look at the picture again:

:astonished: :open_mouth:

:-k :question:

I understood you the first time. But realize that knowledge comes from somewhere. Metaphysics and understanding must be born. I am one of those guys. :sunglasses:

If people are not allowed to question and think at all, then yeah, I would be greatly different. Probably we all would not care. And when we looked at the sky with all of its wonders, we wouldn’t even notice. I would look up for a half of a second and then go about my business not giving a second thought to what I had seen (along with the rest of the zombies).

Things only become wondrous by that inner questioning and the hope it inspires, without which all things are either mundane (the “void”) or threatening. Without question, there is no heart, there is no mind, merely mechanism (what a government is supposed to be … not the people suffering it).

It reminds me a bit of this:

:slight_smile:

Well… Of course, the second phrase contradicts the first… The person making the argument is asleep by their own definition! Go figure…

The “else”… But it says in this age of sleep… So it defines the age!

TO ALL.

What do you think about this:

The sooner the better.

And think of helices, for example.

For an example of what?

The shape of movement could be a spiral.

I’m curious whether it is spiraling outward or inward. It can’t be exactly, perfectly constant. And I can’t think of a good excuse for it to be expanding in a spiral fashion. So I would guess that it is spiraling inward, contracting into the speculated black-hole center.

I also guess that it is spiraling inward, contracting into the speculated black-hole center. But what if our galaxy itself is also spiraling and finally contracting into the speculated black hole center of another galaxy (the Andromeda galaxy for example)?

I didn’t think Andromeda was that large. To cause such a spiraling effect, an extremely, extremely large galaxy would have to be involved along with the Milky Way. You are actually talking about a spiraling nebula. Andromeda isn’t big enough to be the center of that large a nebula.

Yes, a spiraling nebula, because Andromeda is not big enough to be the center of that large a nebula. Maybe the whole Local Group (thus: including Milky Way and Andromeda) is contracting into (the speculated black hole center of) the Virgo Supercluster.