largest known prime number discoverd

It’s not that kids are getting smarter; it’s that adults are getting dumber. True story.

No, no, no…not kids.

The Kids.

The Kids are the intellectual equivalent of juvenile delinquents. They post dozens and dozens of times a day here hell bent on making a mockery of any and all actual substantive exchanges in or around the vicinity of, say, philosophy. And, sure, I can be one of them myself at times. But no way am I in their league. They are, after all, the ones that have stampeded the folks who once came to ILP in order to actually get away from the sort of clamorous drivel they spew.

And, indeed, more than one of them has claimed to be God.

Unless, of course, I’m wrong.

I actually respect you, for the moment. I don’t put much thought into things, but when you posted on my thread in the ranthouse, I realized a couple things about how you conduct yourself and that gave me a moments respect for you compared to others here. I’m pretty sure that at least one other person here has claimed to be God and certainly many other people in my life that I have encountered have claimed the same, but I don’t take them very seriously. Even if we are all God to some extent or another, there is a very big difference between that and being THE God that certain things talk about. And then again, there are many Gods in existence, not just in our own reality but scattered throughout the omniverse/omnireality. Perhaps there are retards even amongst the Godly ranks. It would stand to reason.

Sure, but God has only ever been a contraption that exists in our heads. The Kids on the other hand are very, very real.

Perhaps, or perhaps that contraption is no contraption and has long since been its own sentient entity that exists just as much as we do, though not in any physically manifest way that people would accept.

Then we are back to this…

“And we can know this for a fact…how?”

Now, with regard to the Kids, what we can’t know for a fact is who they are. Instead, all we can know for sure is that “I” believe that they exist here. That “I” believe they have inundated ILP of late with all manner of clamorous claptrap that have driven folks more inclined to take philosophy, say, seriously, to other forums.

Well, at a certain point, you’d have to believe in the idea that this ‘God’ does step into the flesh from time to time, so to speak and chooses certain casings of flesh to do this with based on several varying factors of merit and trust that those casings of flesh, while fallible, may be the closest fleshly representatives of the being that is known as God.

Why would one have to believe this if there is no substantive evidence in which to support the fact of it?

Believing something “in your head” and demonstrating that all rational men and women are obligated to believe it in turn are two very different things.

Yet you believe in God regardless. You just don’t believe religions take on it. Do you not curse God here and there? Have you never asked God for help? So, the phrase ‘you would have to’ would apply to that on some level. You took what I said out of context, though. At the point of believing in God, then you would have to believe just what I said you would have to. Simply because in all terms of reality and what we know of psychology and everything else, if God exists, then such would have to happen based on so much other supporting evidence, such as the phrase that we were made in Gods image and if we are fallible, prone to temptation, etc., etc., then so, too, would God be.

I never said you were obligated to believe in any of it, but you definitely felt obligated to sit there and think I was cramming it down your throat anyway, pushing your negative and pessimistic viewpoints on me, your faulty arguments on me, etc., without any rational thought on the subject whatsoever, based solely in what you feel, your unstable emotionality. Yet, you claim all people who don’t believe in God to be rational, when there is overwhelming evidence that this is not the case, given the condition of the world around us that they make worse just the same as people do who believe outright and publicly in God.

And how can I prove that you believe in God? I can’t; I have no evidence to support this other than the circumstantial evidence that you are no different than so many others who have actually written their own personal testimonies of how they came to actually believe in God, whether they accepted any one persons or groups perception of God, and many have stated that they do believe in God and yet disagree with religion. It’s not religion that I’m cramming down your throat, but the reality of the belief if approached reasonably and rationally by accepting very disturbing facts about people, facts that they’d rather not face or only face the disturbing aspects thereof.

This has gotten slightly off-topic from Prime Numbers, yet you guided it this way and I won’t sit there and let you bring forth an irrational argument against what I believe; not that I have to let you; you did that of your own free will. However, when I say ‘I won’t let you’, I don’t mean it that way, but in the sense that I won’t let you get away with smearing the very strong possibility that I’m right just because you want to be unreasonable about it.

Just so you know…you wrote this. Honest for a moment.

yeah, at least he admitted that God does exist, which I missed when I responded. Thanks for pointing that out, lol.

I once did believe in the existence of the Christian God. But even then I suspected this was not the same thing as believing in the existence of prime numbers.

Prime numbers exist by definition: a whole number that can only be divided without a remainder by itself and one.

A number is either a prime or it is not. No dasein, no conflicting goods, no political economy.

And, sure, down through the ages folks have managed to define [or to deduce] God into existence any number of times. And, obviously, there are any number of folks who believe in the existence of God “in their head”.

But that is still not the same thing as actually demonstrating why all rational men and women obligated to believe in the actual/factual existence of God. Let alone the God, my God.

Sure. And I suspect lots of folks who do not believe in the actual/factual existence of God do so. Why? Because psychologically whenever we experience something particularly brutal in our lives we often long for there to exist an entity able to explain it to us in terms of “why me?”. And then an entity able to give us a happy ending through, among other things, salvation and Divine Justice.

Who then can doubt why so many folks believe in God? After all, without God you have to accept the reality that truly terrible things can happen to truly good people for absolutely no reason at all. Just part and parcel of the brute facticity built into an essentially absurd and meaningless existence.

This is just your own subjective rendition of what us passing between us now. And at least I recognize the extent to which my reaction to you can only ever be the embodiment of dasein.

Again, for me what counts is not what folks claim is rational but what they are able to demonstrate that all rational minds are obligated to believe. Thus to state that the number 7 is a prime number would seem to be true objectively to me. It’s not just a matter of opinion.

And to claim that God [a God, the God, my God] does in fact exist is certainly not necessarily irrational. How on earth could I possible believe that it is? Instead, I ask for an argument and for evidence able to persuade me that He does in fact exist.

You say…

Okay, approach it reasonably and rationally such that all truth-seeking men and women will be convinced. What disturbing facts can you cite here. And how do you demonstrate that they are facts such that those who don’t share them are necessarily not being reasonable.

By being “unreasonable” of course you mean not sharing your own frame of mind. Whereas with respect to these deeply puzzling relationships I would never argue that my own point of view is anything but a personal opinion rooted in dasein.

I have approached it reasonably and rationally multiple times on this forum, am in fact getting tired of doing so, do know that you’ve paid attention to at least some of it, enough to know that I have done so to the best of my ability and you still deny all evidence even in reasonable conjecture. I don’t care if you share my frame of mind or not, to reject all forms of evidence simply because it’s not good enough for you is bullshit.

I was making the distinction between the alleged existence of God and the manner in which I allege the existence of Kids here at ILP. Or what others call the “retards”.

And I later acknowledged that the existence of Kids was in fact only an intellectual contraption “in my head”.

With regard to the existence of God, the distinction that I always make is the same – between those who claim to believe in His existence “in their head” and those able to demonstrate his actual/factual existence such that all rational men and women are obligated to believe in His existence in turn.

Were you? That was rather unclear. You should clarify in the process of speaking next time as it would save a lot on confusion.

And by the way, I am God; in all terms and my story has been greatly exaggerated by all sides and all facets and many have acted in my name as me or as ‘God’ that weren’t me, which lead to mass confusion along the way.

We’re all doing the best we can with what we’ve been given.

Tell me that this isn’t a classic example of the “objectivist mind”. He assures us that he has already encompassed these relationships As They Really Are “multiple times”. And he is getting pissed off because I don’t just nod my head and agree with the points that he raises. Which, of course, makes me “one of them”.

Now, with prime numbers, we don’t often come across this division between “own of us” [those who believe in the existence of prime numbers] and “one of them” [those that do not].

Do we?

And the fact that it just doesn’t work that way pertaining to the existence of God is something that the True Believer simply can not fathom.

After all, they have informed over and over and over again why there is really no difference here at all.

Oh, yeah, and I forgot: His is God.

Actually, if you read my entire post, I’m getting pissed off because you reject all forms of evidence that I submit. I’m not asking you to nod your head and agree with me. When you ask for proof and proof is given; when you ask for evidence and evidence is given and you just deny it or say that it’s not good enough, that makes you a fucking prick and its bullshit. ‘One of them.’ Right. One of the idiot millions of people that sits there in their own bullshit, maybe.

Ok, motherfucker; what about negative prime numbers? They count out all those positive ones, surely there’s got to be a negative one somewhere, right? Explain that to me or explain the impossibility of it.

I can fathom quite well your fucking mindset, because it took me a length of time to believe in God myself; I performed tests, framed theories and hypotheses that I carried out; not coldly; but in the manner prescribed somewhat by religion, with an open heart; following the work of Jesus in helping others, looking at the world around me, seeing the problems and addressing them one by one in turn. I have personal testimony of the proof of God beyond just my own self, but again that isn’t enough for you, since my personal testimony is only so much more evidence that YOU do not accept, it not being good enough for YOU.

You can fuck off, you piece of shit.

Hey, I know; how about you piss me off some more all for calling you on your bullshit, you weak-minded little bitch. I fucking dare you. How about you piss me off even more to where I bust through this swearing and insulting and name-calling and actually get to the point where I start completely schooling you again and again and breaking you down bit by fucking bit as you come at me with the same manner of attacks as so many others. How about that? How about you follow the same tired lines of so many others before you, prove your own unoriginality in the process as I move from a ground I’ve already triumphed over, your psychology, your methods, now that I’m on more familiar ground here with your direct reply as you’ve just presented it, and the arguments themselves. I only get better as time goes on. People like you tend to devolve until they don’t even bother anymore because they know they have no leg to stand on; no true argument save their own infantile dark emotion.

Sigh…

It was only a matter of time of course.