"Mental" Illness: The Future of Treatment

onward to your doom then.

that’s simplistic overgeneralization; Kannerian autists have poorer quality white matter, while Aspergian Autists have better quality white matter! Besides, you contradict yourself by then saying, “This article states that autists have more white matter than non-autists”

My research is Pseudo-scientific? You clearly don’t understand the meaning of that term, you’re just abusing it like a Ptolemaic dogmatist :wink:

That’s the funniest research i ever read! To call one a “liar” and then find that he has more white matter, is ludicrous in how – how can one (who presumes himself a great exemplar of truth) label the other a “liar”, to begin with?
Reminds me of the familiar historical situation of psychopaths taking over a sanitarium and declaring those mad who declare them mad!

You took it literally!.. By “back-scratching and chimpanzism” i meant solution-fetching, militarist male bonding – male herdism as opposed to individualism – how that sucks! Ask any tomboy!

So if you offer someone a medication and they say it doesn’t work for them, your response is “Onward to your doom”? Yeah, you’re a real hero.

Yeah I do. There isn’t that much evidence for your claims, only 1 or 2 studies here and there, so it reeks of something you’d find at the Akashic corner.

I don’t see the analogy. They were self-proclaimed liars, and they scanned their brains and said it had white matter. Either the studies are true or false. If the studies are false, you might as well say the studies the prove your claims true are false too, psuedoscience.

Tomboy feminist lesbians, are usually pro military, and they are some of the most herdlike creatures there are, they are a bunch of cliquey man haters.

Heh, you wonder why a showed an article that contradicted my thesis? That’s called real science. Im obligated to show all test results, even data that doesnt correspond with my thesis. What you did is psuedo science.

Here, I am going to make a topic that is pure psuedoscience so you can see an example. It’s going to be called “Male/Female Brains…What is the difference? Psuedoscience at it’s finest.”

“Self-proclaimed liars”…

OK, i get it – EZ!

I bet that EVERYONE has lied at least once in their lives.

So your “self-proclaimed liars” are actually the more honest people around!
But look at a psychopath, or a serial liar – will he ever claim that he has lied? NO*!

“But he will never admit to lies, even with evidence shown to him.”

Trixie is right. You must not under-think your thoughts. But you are right too. You must not over-think them either.

You must stand above your thoughts FIRMLY. This is will controlling the instinct. The other two outcomes are two opposite forms of instinct dominating will.

I now proclaim you to be friends. You can kiss each other.

How does a healthy will-instinct relation work?

In a healthy will-instinct relation each instinct is given an optimal level of expression. This means that no instinct is over-expressed and no instinct is under-expressed. The individual in such a state guesses “the rhythm of his instincts” correctly.

In an unhealthy will-instinct relation, the individual becomes clingy by over-attaching to a certain instinct, thus over-emphasizing some instincts and under-emphasizing others.

When an individual is exposed to a lot of chaos, the individual is forced to do a lot of difficult “dance” so to speak. It must change its attention from one instinct to another quickly and timely, lest it become over-attached.

The most effective way, however, is to learn how to slow down and in the process dissolve the entagled neurotic elements.

To be continued . . .

In the context of depression underthinking would be not considering something like I deserve to die because she broke up with me
once at best. Not much more value can be gained form thinking that again. The first time allows you to notice that something really strange is going on in your inner ecology. Despressives can come back to such a thought thousands of times over a couple of days.

And of course the thinking is an avoidance. It is a circular repetition to not shift. Feelings however do need to be felt and getting the depressives loops out of the way allows the progression in the feelings.

So sure, there is a balance point, but it is as close to zero as possible while still being a unit.

I am pretty sure Trixie is conflating thoughts and feelings and also that he is taking the depressives thoughts at face value.

My demons propagandize their self-destructive natures in my brain/mind. Am I they? Are they I? If we are one, what makes the distinction that is able to oppose them to some extent? Why do they shy away from medicine?

Hey, I’ve just arrived in the rant house where an armchair psychiatrist claims to know not only what’s wrong with me, but how to fix it! :laughing:

What I was referring to was avoiding demons. You should not avoid demons and let them enter your body.

Second, you should not avoid disturbing thoughts, you should let disturbing thoughts enter you and consume you.

Medicine may affect demons, but they have zero effect on memories. Medicine does not erase memory.

If it took me months to arrive at this conclusion, it is understandable why someone else may have doubts as well. You have low testosterone, and it is so obvious I cannot believe I didn’t see it sooner and it took me this long to figure out. If you are a scientist, I recommend testing out my hypothesis by trying supplements for a month and see your reaction.

I’d prefer that you stay as far way from my threads as is possible. You have nothing to offer in the way of genuine help for the mentally ill. You are too immersed in your own agendas to offer any real help.

The only agenda I got is the DNA machine. The rest is up to you, and your meaning making.

My advice is, if your advice is so good, then why are you still depressed? Shouldnt the cure you got have fixed you? Right?

The APA apparently has not gotten wind of your cures. I’m not always depressed, just more often so around fixit prophets. My major depression is mainly due to genetic inheritance mixed with environmental influences. So far science is unable to fix the responsible genes and is unable to do anything about our insane society. So, my chemistry is out of whack. I already knew that. If you are selling some snake oil potion that remedies my situation, I’ll buy a bottle.

… most mental illnesses are induced by social frameworks designed to be this way.

its a 4H documentary which will really be worth your time, produced by BBC. The marketing of madness? You decide.

THE CENTURY OF THE SELF
youtube.com/watch?v=eJ3RzGoQC4s

CelineK,
You ask us to watch a four hour video?

My testosterone levels are normal. The problem with the libido comes from two of the several drugs I have to take. One is a statin used to reduce the bad type of cholesterol. The other is an antidepressant. The statin reduces my chances of having a heart attack or a stroke. The antidepressant prevents my having panic or anxiety attacks. As I said to my psychiatrist, I have to weigh the benefits of these drugs against their side effects. It’s a trade off I would not wish on anybody. Trixie is wrong about the estrogen/testosterone effects on one’s psyche. My brain is short on serotonin and may exhibit an imbalance of dopamine. With the drugs I’m not depressed most of the time.

I can guarantee you that if you still find it compelling enough after 30mins, you will watch the whole thing. dont forget the popcorn though

I watched it 3 times already

I watched the video and would recommend it. It is an exploration into the ability to manipulate humans by using their base desires to perpetuate politics and consumerism. The 20th century left us with a perplexing problem–is the core of human being animalistic or angelic? The video shows both aspects and how they can be used by advertisers and politicians. The manipulation appears more important than finding what the core of humanity actually is. I’'d say that humanity, reduced to its core beyond layers of social masks, can be both demonic and angelic. As to who deserves what in society, the video tends to state that selfishness takes precedence over charity.

Unfortunately this thread has spawned threads in which individuals are psychoanalyzed. That was never the intention of this thread. This thread is for the help in understanding that we can give to each other. Under the umbrella of we’re all in this together, help and advice are greatly appreciated. No one is singled out as a case study!