there’s more to life than That
a place in the sun will do.

I see a flag waving
in tune with a soft wind
how beautiful it seems.

And as I sit and watch ~
for those who’ve gone and those who fight
This day I live for them.

This one is really good! Polished, consistent and right on message all the way through.

Arc, kudos, reflects a deep respect for innate values, combining man with nature.

I like that notion!

I get mostly bad days to die though doh! must be the weather here :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you. I appreciate that, humunculus.
That was a poem which was composed in the moment - well, more than a few moments.
I wonder why some take me quite awhile while others seem to come to me on a breeze.
That one came to me on a reflective breeze of such qualia.
:mrgreen:

Thank you Orbie.
Yes, a harmony of [wo]man, her nature in the moment and nature.

:laughing: There is another way to look at that - IF it IS a bad day to die, it can be a good day to live, could be seen to be a good day to live.

Sometimes all we can do is hang in there 'til that bad weather passes - or keep all the lights turned on.

Good poem.
Maybe the light of acceptance is the only light there is.

Arc

In a sense i’d rather die on a bad day, that way i wont be in need to get back here [if rebirth etc is true]. In that sense all days are good days. :slight_smile:

I do see your point, that is, if there is no choice but to die. :mrgreen:

Otherwise, would you prefer to live?

Thanks Ierrellus.
Ah, but light comes from many directions - we just need to observe.
Seizing the day in the moment bathes us in light.

I prefer to live for sure, and death isn’t something one can experience [you are either not existing or existing in an afterlife] anyway. Ergo there can be no good/bad days to die, unless the afterlife is something or has someone, who appreciates ones manner of death - i wouldn’t like that person tbh.

This is old indian saying isn’t it? and also pretty much how my viking/saxon ancestors thought.

I suppose it says something about someone, how they face death e.g. If they are warriors. But mostly i think the opposite tells us something about their actual real fears, and that is, not dying a good death. Dying of a disease or old age, or being beat for example. Yet the problem is that this [fear of bad death] is a weakness, and to overcome it you have to live in a warlike society with death and suffering paramount.

_

For the last time, nay
There ain’t no death
Fo’sure
Cause lookie here:

If there be but anythin as death, would be all consummate,
The youngest of fire would not allow such brief moments of respit,

As we’re now, the only thing withal left,
To experience, (with deaths door so quickly stealing into the night )
The grim reaper so sad indeed, since so unconvincingly tries to give a reason for light,
For the living, who never ever recall going through it?

Or if they have , worry over,
What’s this, again?

If living the only thing,
We know,
& so uncertain about that as we’ll,
Why bother 'bout somthin, totally unknown?

Probable ain’t no such thin little Darlin.

Amorphos

Oh, I’ve experienced a kind of death at times.
And what of those who do exist yet don’t truly exist?

When I wrote:

But a good day to die
makes a good day to live
It’s all the same you see.

what I meant by that and perhaps you can or cannot understand it but in a moment of sheer contentment, living the present as the most optimum experience, one has no desire for anything else and one cannot fear death. So it is a good day to die since in a sense it lacks nothing and it would seem as though the journey could go no further - can we improve on perfection?
Of course, at the same time - it also makes for a good day to live. lol
That may not have made any sense to you but for me it does.

I’m not aware of that Native American? saying? But i didn’t understand the thought. What is tbh? :blush:

Does one need to be a warrior in order to face death courageously?
It also says something about someone when we see the way in which they live.

By good death, you mean like a warrior would want to die in battle which he would see as his destiny rather than tripping on his own sword and decapitating himself. lol Not sure that could even happen.
Can you imagine the children in the village making fun of his poor son - if he had one?

_

I’m not so sure that it’s a weakness but I may be wrong. We’re human and have a fear of non-being. Without it, how would we want to survive in the first place.

But i suppose you’re still with the warrior. Could a vision of how a warrior’s sees his death in any way other than on the battlefield or the way of the true warrior be considered a weakness or just simply pre-conditoning and a belief of how one “should” die? After all, the warrior is human before being a warrior. But again I may be wrong.

Sweet Rumi, did you compose that? I read it and it made me laugh. I loved the language. At first, it kind of reminded me of a combination of Burns and Cummings. I tried to google it but didn’t find it so perhaps - it’s yours.

Well, I can see a very wise hard–working farmer saying the above but a philosopher…albeit that farmer might be a philosopher in himself to have said it - or at the very least influenced by Marcus Aurelius
But, another philosopher, such as Plato, might have said “Why bother…” ?Because It Is Totally Unknown.
"Man is a being in search of meaning.” (the ‘cave’ guy above)