End of Time

Musical composition I have written.
vocaroo.com/i/s0N5pUjDidnb

“musical genius” - Trixie

Now that wasn’t bad a’tall, Trixie. I love 6/4 meters, but I think the chorus should be only four or eight measures max. You carry it too far I think. If you insist, you should add additional root chord phrasing to the last eight measures. As it stands, there is unnecessary repetition. You want to build back and up to the melody, not sustain the chorus like you have. I like the horn synth too. The slow death at the end was perfect (although that horn note was ugly and flat)…the last notes sounding as an alarm.

I told you this was getting better and better. An androgynous alien conspiracy theorist who plays piano. What’s next? Nun-chuks, that’s what. Buy a foam practice set from the flea market because you’ll nail yourself in the elbows and privates fifty times before you get the spins and hand-transfers down.

Meanwhile I’ll try to put something on that melody with guitar. If I had a drum set, some mics and a four track I could really get down.

Sounded like a fart noise. Thought it was funny.

I made a thread for ILP musicians, Trixie: viewtopic.php?f=24&t=188342

Wait till Gamer posts his ILP song. Tractatus, enchiladas and what God is all about. Figuring it out. I think therefore I doubt.

More musical genius

vocaroo.com/i/s1ms1i3gHSRx

This one has video game music or movie sound track written all over it. In the game, I’m locked in a futuristic castle room trying to decipher the code hidden in a letter written by T’Mershi Dwindlem, the wizard, which are the instructions on how to build a device with three crystals, a feather, four ogre teeth, ashes from the burnt remains of a toad stool from the Short Forest, and a lock of hair from a Velutrius elf. With this device I can open the door, but I’ve only just begun to learn of the mysteries held in the darkened halls and chambers of this strange, alien castle.

p.s. never call yourself a musical genius. It’s better to be modest, then your audience will be less critical of your music. Always downplay yourself. You’ll be received better.

Wow! Really nice stuff – you have a great sense of musicality. You are for sure a musical genius. At least in the sense the a 130 iq is considered genius level. (Ha) you definitely exhibit a 130+ musical iq. I have no problem with u calling yourself a musical genius because I get that you’re doing it in a self-lampooning way. And zoot your commentary, so smart and funny.

It is program music. I get the sense of a CEO briskly walking thru Manhattan, oddly pissed off about his meaningless job but also resigned to it for now. Later he will relocate his family to Greece and spend more time fathering, but he will pen the occasional political essay, mainly about the Greek economy, some of which will be published in Wall Street Journal. Others, not.

I may have to post on your music thread. I’m all about that treble. And I don’t care about production value – I only care about the idea of the song. You’ve been warned.

Second one – a satisfying little experiment. Your leitmotifs are approachable and your textures give us firm footing, but like all really good non mainstream music, you are adept at keeping us guessing, you put in enough of the unexpected to make it breathe and feel like art, it definitely has your stamp on it, that’s rare.

I studied at a music conservatory for my degree and I used to write stuff that was atonal in places yet borrowed from modern idioms that have fairly sensible recognizable aspects. I know what goes into such composition and it’s very satisfying to write like this, though I haven’t done it in years.

I decided that music’s value for me, is not in its ability, when pushed, to say something about reality, and our weird mental states that can’t be expressed, but for its ability to say something about our longing, the beauty and wholeness we yearn for. That marked my move back to neo-popular tonality. Interested to know more about you and your music. Thanks for sharing.

adagio affettuoso, profondo ma nom molto

My music is expressed as a longing. It is a figment of better days, higher culture, higher fantasy. My music is a monument to this, a stone in the stream of modernity as a small memory of what used to be.

My latest 'n greatest

vocaroo.com/i/s1WIayN8LUEo

My music is confused at times, like my own mind, restless and sometimes crowded, often with parallel overlapping motifs…

I would like to take a month and flesh out these tunes even further, and upload version 2.0.

But before that day, there will be a fourth original tune…

Yeah I hear that it’s an homage to a bygone era of boldness, idealism and humanity, right before all that stuff gets taken away by technology. I actually when i said city streets, I’m getting sort of a dagny taggart vibe, like it’s cautiously triumphant, there is a longing in the composer, and the composition. There is a sense of seeking but also of being found, a controlled unraveling and a reconciling. It speaks to the best in humanity, but also to the reality that humanity isn’t perfect – and this is a perfect message, and a perfect way to express all that. it’s got power, momentum, depth and motion, it’s your mind, and I think I’m coming to know you better from your music then your dumbass posts on the sexocracy thread.

Nice music! :slight_smile: Probably better on a piano? …and longer

I am slow at piano and my posts in sexocracy was of top-tier quality.

Why would she?..That’s her biggest moment…

I think this is really awesome. I dabble with instruments myself, perhaps sometime I will get around to uploading some improv

To me, it does not sound like the end of time. Instead, I’d call this something like “Death on the way Home”. Feel free to take the name if you like it