Dan should not continue as MODERATOR

Face the facts. White people look different than black people, and white people are on average better at math than black people. Does this make me racist? No. I believe that both white people and black people are worthy of some sexi 'lovin.

I vote Trixie as moderator. Noble, just, great, and powerful.

As Satyr says

Wrong.

I was hoping the sarcasm would be funny.
I didn’t guess or foresee it becoming offensive.
I’m blindsided by this thread, for example.

I admit there is differences in a generalized average of IQ, of one person from one race to another.

That doesn’t mean a black man is less valuable, or less lovable.
Just like how dogs can be really respectible and noble even though they are dogs.
If you give kibble to stray dogs, it only stands to reason that black people could use some food and care too.
Not that all blacks are poor, or nice. I’m not saying that.
But they are easily as valid as animals, if you are like some whom believe that animals are almost equal to humans in value.
Or they could be equal. Who knows perfectly?

I’d visit more often if the threads were more useful or interesting.
And again, im not saying the threads are useless, but they are not “fitting” my interests.

Quoted for future hilarity.

:-k

Meanwhile, Dan is all like: O:)

An innuendo is an insinuation or intimation about a person or thing, especially of a disparaging or a derogatory nature. It can also be a remark or question, typically disparaging (also called insinuation), that works obliquely by allusion. In the latter sense the intention is often to insult or accuse someone in such a way that one’s words, taken literally, are innocent.

Carleas, do you get it now? Maybe yes maybe no.
Sometimes people hide in plain sight - sometimes not.

This thread is awesome.

Weren’t you going to change your username title? What happened? :mrgreen:

Dan shouldn’t go anywhere, nor should he be attacked based on the inferences of some overly sensitive individuals. Anyone who has been around here long enough knows that Dan has an odd way of expressing himself at times. That’s not a bad thing. In fact, it makes him all the more interesting. It can, however, lead to some misunderstandings and some unintended inferences. I think his latest reply is evidence enough of that.

If you actually believe any of what he’s said, as odd as it may seem, was purposely or even implicitly malicious, I assure you you’re almost certainly wrong. If you disagree with what he’s said, that’s fine, but I most seriously doubt any of it was meant to be inflammatory or demeaning.

I personally don’t care whether he goes anywhere or not. I believe in second chances. For me, this wasn’t about ousting him as a moderator.
As far as his intention being malicious, I can’t even say that that even entered my mind one way or the other.
But answer a question for me: Does something have to be deliberately malicious in order to be racist? I don’t think so.
Racism is malicious on its own - deliberate or not, intentional or not.
Nevertheless, what he did say was racist. And if it wasn’t malicious, I can’t know as I don’t know him as you do, it doesn’t change the reality that it was a racist remark.

As for this last comment of his, there are subtle innuendos and they can be just as creepy as saying something which is racist outright. And if the man were simply this time just trying to be cute, I fail to see the cuteness in it. But then again, one [wo]man’s meat is another one’s poison.

Hey Dan, do you want to be a mod?

You know, I wrote out a whole response, but this isn’t worth the discussion. He doesn’t have to justify himself to you, and I’m not going to do it for him.

I think he made some remarks that can be construed as disparaging. Again, he has an odd way of saying things sometimes. Based on his character, I don’t think it wise or justified to jump to conclusions as to how racist what he said was.

Also, by the by, racism has a few different meanings, so you may want to clarify what you mean before you start pointing fingers.

Racism isn’t exactly malicious. On a hypothetical planet, where the races have observably and demonstrably different qualities, it might be logical to segrate the educational facilities, and give a certain kind of education to one group, and a different kind of education to one group. This would be racist, but it would have good intentions, the betterment of both races, and is therefore not malicious.

statiktech

Well, that does show that you’re more open about this.

I went back to see how I worded my post[s]. As I said before, I don’t know him as you perhaps do. My main intention was to call out the REMARKS he made not so much to call him out as a racist. I didn’t call him a racist pig.
Another question: Can someone make racial remarks without perhaps being a racist. I cant’ be sure. There are degrees of such I think.
We all or many of us have some small bit or more racism within us or we can. Perhaps it lies dormant. Perhaps Dan wasn’t even aware of how truly racist that remark was. I’m willing to give him the benefit of the doubt or maybe I was until his latest remark.

lol To think otherwise, would be absurd.

And that is the crux of it. The bottom line here is that it was a highly racist remark whether or not you choose to minimize or not (not saying you are)

There was no quessing about. It was demeaning and derogatory and callous. As I said before, whether he was trying to be cute or strange or whatever, doesn’t change the reality of it.

Again, was he deliberately being malicious - I can’t say because I wasn’t in his mind.
But I don’t agree with you insofar as not jumping to conclusions about how malicious what he said was. What he said was malicious - intended to be or not. A fire is still a fire whether someone intended to deliberately start it or not. Does that change the reality of what it is? Not to me.

Oh, didn’t you see that he did in his unique way try to clarify it? What do you think Carleas Captain Picard was all about - unless I misunderstood that.

GreatandWiseTrixie

Again, my question was is racism STILL malicious whether it is intended or not? YES IT IS.
I suppose that Hitler may have even said or thought that his intentions were good according to Hitler and some others, but do you think that the Jews would have thought that?
For you to say racism isn’t exactly malicious is one of the most stupid things you’v ever said. You’ve said some cute off-the-wall things but you’ve just exeeded yourself, Trixie, with that one.

I’m not even sure if that in itself would actually be racist but I’ll have to think about that one.
Let’s say for instance one of those different qualities of the one race might be a high aptitude for math and on the side of that the other race a high aptitute for let’s say being psychic (though i don’t necessarily believe in that). In that case, perhaps separating them (but only in school insofar as honing their skill is concerned) might be more beneficial for both races and for ALL but it’s not based on inequality or a sense of superiority or priviledge or hatred or fear in this case. That to me would be the same as putting children with a much higher i.q. and capacity to learn in a different school.

As I said, I’ll have to think of that one but I don’t intuit that as being racist. The dynamics are totally different.

Anyway, there would still be no reason to have different schools. But having them doesn’t amount to racism.
The focus on racism is the race itself for purely stupid and irrational reasons.

Segragation is racist. The crux of your argument must infer that segragation is not racist. This goes against your hypersensitive politically correct feminized peer’s dogma.

I have angered the woman, leader of the political correct police. My life is ruined. Well dressed news reporters will go on TV and say how evil I am, while they bite into their murdered hamburgers, unaware that of their own racism and disregard for the feelings of any other race besides humans.

Remove the log from thy own eye, human. Do you honestly believe I respect these hypocritical, politically correct peons?

Dan does not understand that comparing a black person to a dog is considered offensive and insulting. He is oblivious.

The question is not whether Dan is a racist or not. The question is … can Dan moderate the Religion and Spirituality section of the forum?
Can he be fair? Is he going to discriminate against black posters?

There is no indication that he has discriminated in the past. There is no way to identify the black posters. If someone identifies himself as black, is Dan going to treat him differently? If Dan does, then it would be reasonable to file a complaint against Dan.
Until that happens, keep calm and carry on.

lol arc you are such a troll

lol I’ve never ever completely understood what a troll is. Explain please.