ILP rules and the permaban of Lys?

K: if I may be so bold, liberals isn’t about treating women like queens, just treating women/men equally.
Nothing more and as far as screwing women as a relevant life goal, that is a young man’s game. As you get
older you find out what sex really is, just dam hard work without the payoff and it hurts your knee’s and
hip and back and…Sex is really not worth the effort.

Kropotkin

nice lil “either/or” there, arbie.

Idea for a new reality TV program.

You know, this being the premise. :wink:

Wait…not yet, he’s still going.

Don’t know, don’t care. She needed all the attention she could get because she was progressively losing mine.

She knew what she was getting into when she chose to stay with a wrongfully charged sex offender on intense, supervised probation who couldn’t even go to fucking the refrigerator without calling his probation officer first. Not one week out of jail I suggested that she go back home. I almost begged her. She DECIDED to stay.

Natalie was begging me to make her pregnant. But It would be irresponsible of me to produce a family in the situation I was in. I would not do that to a child or a mother of my child. Unlike you, some single father dipshit who has a kid and then divorces its mother, I don’t make mistakes like that.

And infertile? This must be another lie she told you. I just busted a nut yesterday so big I had to drink a glass a water to rehydrate myself. There musta been a gazillion little Zoots swimming around in that thing because it literally started to crawl across the floor. I had to chase it down with a towel, and when I tried to wipe it up, it started growling at me.

However, I am now accepting applications from rich women who would like to mother the child of an alpha male. If you know of any, send them my way. And tell them they better hurry. I don’t know how much longer dees nuts are gonna be working. I’m betting maybe another twenty years at best.

LOL. Exploit? How? Send you pictures in an email? OMG that’s so evil! How could you do such a thing… convince a young, naive girl to send you a picture…or…[gasp]…even a live video feed? Pure evil.

And… if Natalie had ever met a greaseball like you, it’d be over before it even started.

Correction: MEDIUM big.

Are we done yet, or shall we continue?

Please let’s be done. At least on this side of the abyss.

As far as I’m concerned, unless you make some further arguments, you can lock the thread. Hell, I got screenshots of it anyway, so you can delete it too, but I’d prefer it to stay here so people can see and judge for themselves whether it was a fair or an unfair banning.

Somebody else may want to add something tho.

Now you heard that, Satyr, so don’t keep throwing your fecal material at me. I’m not EVER coming over there to KT so forget that shit. Chalk this one up as another loss, and put some tape over your mouth.

Note to ILP: if in the future that piece of shit says anything about me that draws your interest in any way, ASK ME before you form any conclusions. Consider what you are dealing with here; a creature so foul and disgusting the devil himself can’t keep from vomiting when he sees it.

We can hang out, petal… see you around :wink:

For the record. Absolutely untrue.

HA, what sort of sexual advances were these. They were certainly not on the Forum and never by PM, as I chose not to reply to the PM he sent me.

His narcissistic tendencies seem to be unable to accept there are women who have no interest in him.

You know, SM, there is a good lesson to be learned here. You got yourself involved with a place and people where the lies are like an never ending maze, where so many people tell lies to make good their first lie, even the liars forget what lies they have told… and begin to believe it all themselves!

So you’ll pardon me for saying at this point I wouldn’t know who to believe regarding your case. That you even associate with those people makes you a potential liar of magnificent proportion. Not that I really care, mind you, or that my opinion matters, but you must understand the peculiar nature of your relationship to that place and people. You wear the KT scarlet letter.

I understand that, the very nature of KT exudes deceit.

I was invited by Satyr to “come on over” and I did.

I was like Arbiter initially, naive. There were discussions regarding subject matter I had never considered or sighted, which I found interesting and challenging.

when I first came here, my Avatar was labelled with something similar.

I don’t understand why this would be so, when quite a few here on this Forum spent time at KT, why single me out.

I never considered myself one of them, as they in turn, did not consider me in that capacity, I suppose you could say I was the odd man out.

Personally, I would say lock it but leave it - for posterity.

You really got screenshots of it? Really? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: Isn’t that a bit of overkill?

Would you say that your posts were more about seeking the facts and truth of it all or simply more more about what you saw as unfair/unjust?

You don’t even have to answer that question here - just think about it.

Your final decision - IS SHE BANNED OR IS SHE NOT (unbanned with stipulations of course).

The strange and perhaps sad thing about all of this is that it’s very possible that Lys could care less either way about whether she comes or goes in here EXCEPT as being Satyr’s mouthpiece. So perhaps NOT to have made it strictly about her…and to gain something more positive and meaningful as a result of this thread…

Perhaps in the name of future developments, certain Rules and Edicts may need to be more firmly established and spelled out (albeit from my own perspective they have been insofar as the issue of this thread goes) so that there WILL NOT BE any more misunderstanding or questioning of them…no ambiguity whatsoever.

Time to Shut Down the Kitchen. We’ve fed enough!!!

I take it from your elliptical that you see that this isn’t possible. The US Tax Code is over 4 million words long, and there are still new grey areas that come up (e.g. Bitcoin). We can spell things out in more detail, but conversations like this one will always be about the grey area that remains.

At best, the law is a fractal.

I’ll just iterate my own frame of mind.

There are folks here [like me] who quote Satyr. Yes, the philosophy not the huffing and the puffing bullshit. And then I critique his points. Ferociously at times. Contemptuously at times. Unfortunately, he is not able to defend himself. At least not here.He is banned.

And, sure, he dug his own grave. He was unable to contain the ranting and the raving; he spewed vitriol on those who refused to toe his own objectivist line; he was kicked out.

But that doesn’t lessen my qualms about dumping on someone who is not permitted to rebut me. And I clearly get Lys. Here I am tearing into the philosophy [and the personality] of someone she admires and respects, and it pisses her off. So she feels compeled to post/dump his arguments to put my attacks in perspective.

That’s basically how I felt when Satyr dumped me into the dungeon at KT. But now I am back in the agora. For how long, who knows. But I don’t see why someone like Satyr and Lys are not at least permitted to post in rant here.

Again, my reasoning here is selfish: they are objectivists [worse, reactionary objectivists] and exposing them as such is just what I do now.

Come on, at least bring Lys back.

Well, Carleas, I wouldn’t say IMPOSSIBLE. Impossible is for people who have no vision. All I was pointing to within my parenthesis was that the way I view it, insofar as Lys having broken the rules; namely; being a mouthpiece for someone who has been banned and continually having spammed ilp with his text (S’s) the rules are and were quite explicit there and her actions toward having broken them, were quite evident for those who were able to see them, without making allowances for them.

But i can agree with you insofar as your meaning goes - other issues or some issues will sometimes crop up and there will have to be discussions such as what occurred in here. Nothing is written in stone and there are grey areas or can be - depending on the issue. I personally did not see any grey area where this issue was concerned but what I am able to see here is that sometimes the more we quibble about something which in reality, at least from my perspective lol, has no grey area - the more grey areas appear - where, in fact, there really aren’t any. (Redundancy for the sake of emphasis :mrgreen: ).We like to muddy clear waters.

I still think that in the case where some people will only choose to see what they want to see despite evidence to the contrary, it would be a good idea to make for clearer, less ambiguous rules and edicts…and/or to be certain about those which are stated, kind of like reinforcing them with cement or like dotting the "I"s and crossing the T’s. Why not give this thread more value and meaning than what its original purpose seemingly was?

I liked your example of the fractal. Fractals can be quite beautiful. One can also say that the law is a sea, flowing and ebbing, with much hidden beneath - in my book anyway.

#-o Insofar as what I wrote here, I took another glance at it and realized that it was kind of an absolutist statement as I do realize that most things are not necessarily “set in stone”.

So, does she return (with stipulations) or does she stay away? hahahahaha

She is banned, and I am not moved by this discussion to overturn that ban. Reasonable people can disagree, but there is no clear abuse of discretion in the decision to ban her.

Did you mean to say that [un]reasable people can disagree?

I can’t speak for anyone else - they will have to speak for their selves, but based on the preponderance of the evidence, as I see it, in this thread and other threads, I also see no clear (or unclear) abuse of discretion in the decision to either ban her or to hold to that banning. You were not a tyrant/a despot and clearly you gave everyone the opportunity to speak up and you listened to everything which was being said/written in here.

Ultimately the final decision is Yours and it was a fair one. I can say though that I might be capable of feeling kind of disappointed and maybe even a little sad (if I were to allow either of those moods) because it had to come to something like this. Apparently Lys is a highly intelligent person and she might have contributed a great deal to this forum - that can be seen as a loss - but no one is indispensable in this regard and it is a consequence of her own actions which brought her to this place inevitably.

That being said, I kind of intuit that she doesn’t much care - at least not in this moment but perhaps at some point she will. Who can say for sure. Life changes on a dime and so do we, if we’re fortunate enough NOT to be written in stone.

Women really need to learn to be their own persons, and to really be aware - to reflect on whether or not they are being just that, and not minions of others. After all, we are the nucleus of the family, especially the modern family. Anything that can deviate from THAT is suspect and might leave one as simply a follower and/or a minion.

This seems pretty straightforward to me.  When somebody is banned for a week, and during that week they make another account and start posting to avoid the ban, I ban them for life.  Point is, any sane institution has to have meta-rules about what happens when you dodge the punishments for the regular rules.  A person who steals a comb, and goes to jail for a day, will eventually find himself in prison for life if he keeps on trying to break out of jail.  Now, it can be argued that an attempt to escape from prison in which nobody was hurt does not, itself warrant much of a prison sentence.  But if it goes unpunished, then in effect EVERYTHING goes unpunished.  There's simply no point in banning people if we don't also disallow their proxies from posting on their behalf. 

So, Satyr was banned. It doesn't matter why, the purpose of a ban is to say "Your stuff doesn't appear on ILP anymore" in the same way that the purpose of jail is to say "You have to sit in this little box for a while". So, when somebody ignores the consequences of that punishment by getting somebody else to post their stuff, action has to be taken. Now, obviously you don't immediately permaban the person because it's a corner case.  You explain to them as I just did that helping somebody get around a ban must itself be a punishable offense, and insist that they stop, making it clear that if they don't stop, you will ultimately ban them too.  This was done, and Lys persisted anyway.  Lys had every opportunity to stop posting Satyr's shit, and had it made clear that if they didn't, they would be subject to the same punishment as Satyr - which is only natural in my mind since by posting his words they are committing his offenses.  

Now, let's assume you don't agree with my justification and still think that a proxy should not be banned for posting a banned person's words.   I am going to assume you ALSO don't think that permabanned people should just be allowed to have other people post their stuff on their behalf willy nilly.  So what middle ground would you propose?