Do you really love philosophy?

From another thread:

=>#

Humans are not perfect. They are not capable of being 100%-animals and also not capable of being gods.

So you are saying that humans “need their DNA changed”. Okay, but what, if they will have changed their DNA?

I agree. But it could nevertheless be possible that Orbie loved philosophy and thought (wrongly) that he needed money to study his “true love”.

Either Orbie is a troll, or he or she has serious mental problems to the point of needing to work something out with a therapist. Whoring your body to pay for rent is one thing…but whoring your body in order to search for philosophy…that’s something else…Especially when your local library is only a few cliques away…

When they change their DNA, they will become more intelligient, more healthy, athletic, kind, and good looking. By more intelligient, I mean they will be able to program and understand massive equations that only idiot savants can. This will be the new average. Imagine all the world, full of geniuses, but without the negative attributes, like lacking social skills. If everyone is a scientist, as well as healthy and athletic, the world’s problems will end. And not only that, but there will be great new suprises, improved relationships, and scientific progress and tech beyond your wildest dreams.

All from just modifying a little bit of DNA.

I think you should probably shut up about obie, trix.

This an open boards. Im not going to be silent about this. Orbie, get help.

I couldn’t lay down the hammer on you even if I wanted to. Just pointing out that when you don’t even know if someone is a he or a she, there is very little you can say about them without sounding like a little shit.

I found this thread after issuing a warning elsewhere. Trixie gets a 24 hour cooling off.

There is no cure against love, especially for philosophy. Some say it’s it’self an illness. For the cure, You’d sell not only Your body, but that of anyone close and dear to You. Thanks for the advice, sorry for Your ban, but it’s nly 24 hours. Tkake a pill, go to bed, and You’ll be laughing about it in the morning.

As always, orbie

The changing of the human DNA has been being in the works for so long. … Solutions? More good than bad or more bad than good? I would say more …

Why is the requirement of knowing someone’s gender needed to sound eloquent?

It’s not at all – unrealistically speaking of course, it might be perhaps if the male or female needs that extra push knowing the other’s gender in order to impress a male or female with his/her eloquence, perhaps if he or she is looking for a mate. So it might simply be about looking for a mate.

On the other hand, is it possible that it might be needed from a person’s perspective? It still comes down to that extra push, I think but - a man may use certain things: qualities, manipulations, logic/reason, heart/pathos, et cetera to sound eloquent to another man or woman and a woman – the same thing.

That might not make any sense to you though Trixie girl. But in a way, it could make sense. People are always generalizing things in here like - men and women think and feel differently about things.

Men and women do think differently. You can always find a couple of transgendered lesbians here and there but that doesnt prove the bottom line.

To change the Dna I say we get a team of scientists together and make a DNA machine. We put the machine in several major cities and provide it as a free upgrade.

No, what I meant is that you don’t know the first thing about him.
I don’t know a whole lot about him either, but just from the fact that he is elderly, there were probably not even personal computers when he was at student age, let alone www.
Sure he could study philosophy from used books, and there is no reason for you to ever assume that he wouldn’t be able to figure that out by himself, and rather needed the money to pursue a degree in philosophy, not something unheard of, wanting to get a degree on a subject you love so you can find work in that field.
So who is it that needs to get help here? Sounds like you might need a little hand pulling your head out of your ass.

Ooh, the spider speaks. Mighty brave 'talkin to a Trixie like that.

Never heard about philosophy jobs. Philosophy is about being destitute and not fitting into society. Satyr is one of the best philosophers here, and he lives with his mom. Same with the ancient greek philosophers. They took prestige in their destitution, and social awkwardness. Philosophy isnt about getting paid as a philosophy job, or getting a degree in modern philosophy, never was.

Shouldn’t a philosopher live alone?

A philosopher is a person, first and foremost.

Should all people live alone?

Now apply that answer to philosophers.

Most of the best philosophers of all times lived alone.

Should all people be philosophers?

Most of the people should not live alone [size=90](thus: should not be philosophers).[/size]

Lovers of Wisdom, yes.
It would certainly create a better world if all people were philosophers - lovers of wisdom and truth too.
I can’t begin to imagine what that world would look like. Maybe like some kind of a beautiful monastery where all men (and women) work together to achieve a common goal.

Why did most of the best philosophers live alone? I’m asking.
Was it because basically they needed the silence and the outer and inner space?
Was it because basically their lives stemmed around their thinking and seeking rather than working for money - though being a philosopher is truly working - mental labor is much more difficult than physical labor.
Even a modern-day philosopher who works at philosophy - a university or any another job, needs that SPACE for himself.
He chooses a solitary life in the name of his first lOVE AND and PASSION.

We dance.

She’s being competitive.

By the way, wasn’t your ideal to destroy the universe?