Story of my Life.

Counselors who say “it will be better”

And tell me “to look at the bright side”

When there is no hope, nor bright side.

What does that have to do with noumena?

Any idiot can say those words to you. Platitudes. That’s what someone says when they don’t know what else to say.
You’d be better off just going outside and looking up at the stars. What you perceive you become and absorb.
Perhaps not much better than what they say to you but you might then be absorbing light, energy and beauty.

If you know what it is you really want to do what will make you happy, why obsess about it?

Noumenon - (in Kantian philosophy) a thing as it is in itself, as distinct from a thing as it is knowable by the senses through phenomenal attributes.

Now what is a noumenon? A thing, that has no connection to phenomenon, or reality.

Such as hollow words, like “life is good”. or “it will get better”, and “stay positive”

When the mathematics shows, that my life is steady decline.

I don’t know what will make me happy. I just wanted to be loved. I now realize I was deluded. There is no love to be found in this world.

I understood what a noumenon or noumena is. I see what you mean though.

But what do YOU need to do so that life CAN BE MADE BETTER - so that you can have a positive attitude - short of lying to yourself or denying your own reality?

I am immune to the effects of drugs. Only thing left I can do is change my DNA.
If I had more money I would live my life in one of those new age healing circles/massage parlors.

I agree with trixie, I would also say there weren’t any false emotions.

Drug induced emotion are real, in the sense that it is an existing emotion and it is being felt. Drugs increase the production of dopamine and endorphins which increases the sensitivity of emotions which is higher than the usual experience of the individual person.

People automatically think the default state is some how correct and perfect, or that you must just accept it. Which is ridiculous really given the fact that it is different for everybody, with that logic why bother with medicine at all, for anything.

Some people are just born into really unlucky emotional states that often increases the suffering and decay of the person.

Certain psychedelic drugs might create false perceptions, such as delusions but the emotions that come with it are real.

Personally, I would suggest psychoactive drugs, such as cannabis, where the thoughts and emotions are in tune.

With that said, no drug is perfect in the sense that it will make you feel how you want to feel. I think a lot of what we feel can be out of our hands, and you just have to ride it out… this too shall pass etc…

Alternatively, use art or self acceptance of such an emotionally persisting state in relation to social expression.

I also would like to add, perhaps it will be unwelcomed, but I went to a doctor when I was a late teen, he said to me he has the remedy for everything, I said what is it…he said just stop giving a fuck!

The “stop giving a fuck” remedy only works in short bursts.

Same with cannabis.

I have a remarkable ability to mimic mental states.

I only did a few times, and I gained it’s essence.

I was able to mimic its mental state, in my mind.

I was “high all the time”, as they say, without having to use the substance itself.

But when you are “high all the time”…how can you tell the difference between high or low? High becomes a low.

I crashed and burned.

The joker laughs from afar.

But that’s all emotion is; the interaction of neurotransmitters, dendritic spikes and action potentials, and hormones. Fundamentally, an emotion is generated by ionized particles crossing a membrane. Saw a video of a doctor who had stimulated a specific region in the brain of a woman, causing her to laugh at the push of a button.

Crashing and burning has always come with the territory

GreatandWiseTrixie

Lies are like that.

Is that the same as the above, in a way?

I’ve never gotten high a day in my life except maybe on coffee, books, nature, et cetera, and a beautiful male face. lol
But it seems to me that there comes a point, call it a tipping point, emotionally speaking, when you come to realize that your so-called high was only a lie, your brain’s way of tricking you. The most natural wonderful high in the world is stillness, being, and having done nothing to actually get there.

So how do you know it exists if you can’t experience it? You and Amorphos are killing me with this stuff man.

Have a look at how Sartre addressed the Kantian concept of noumena.

Yea or nay?

What is this working that you speak of?

Staying high all the time would render you dysfunctional, during the high and after it, depending upon how high you are that is.

Extreme lows do follow extreme highs, and that’s the very reason why I choose not to get THAT high anymore. Finding your balance is needed I think.

Personally, I’m enjoying the ‘high’ of meditation at the moment, a special place I can venture into, I’m getting better and better at entering it without long delays. I like this place better than gods place, it just seems more real and beneficial.

Now even you I did not know was so boring.

i suspect it has more to do with water.

Something about a doctor poking around in a woman’s brain making her laugh on command, creeps me out and arouses me at the same time.

Define “experience” as you mean it?

Could one say that “consciousness” is a noumenon?

No consciousness is a phenomenon.

IT’S BOTH!

Other people’s consciousness is noumenon, with a little bit of phenomenon evidence.

Your own consciousness is phenomenon.