Book Review

This was not the kind of book that starts slowly and smolders into a tapestry of characters, following tried and true formulas that make you care about the next page and maybe feel a little something when the theme crescendos. No, this was a book that grabbed you on page one, made you afraid, very afraid, to continue reading. Not because it’s scary, but because it threatens everything you know about the world and about yourself.

You know you should jump off and run away after the first page, but you can’t. And like an air balloon rising, the book takes you past the threshold where jumping off is no longer an option. You hesitate, and by not deciding, you automatically decide to not jump off. Now you’re in for the long haul. Part of you knows your fucked, and that you’ll never be the same after reading this book.

I don’t even want to tell you the name of the book because it will change you, and i don’t want to be responsible. That’s not to say I think it doesn’t change the reader for the better, but that’d be like saying acid changes you for the better, i.e. an irresponsible thing to say, because such changes are so personal and circumstantial.

This book, by the way, isn’t non-fiction or philosophy based. It’s fiction. And it’s not published by any mainstream means. It’s only available in hard copy, and it circulates in the underground. By a series of lucky events combined with various proclivities of my person and manner in both public and private spheres, I’ve been fortunate to acquire this very bizarre and special book. Even though it’s fiction, people in the know are already proclaiming it a text that will supersede the bible in terms of influence and humanity’s psycho-social identity for the next thousand years – although a thousand years is conservative. Seems to me this will be the multi-epoch-decider that will last for ten thousand plus years, minimum.

So anyway, I have this book. it is a fictional book. A story. But it is potent like anything I’ve heard of and very much magical and mind altering. I was thinking i’d talk about it here. But I can’t really give away too much. I’ve been forbidden to talk directly about its content, and honestly, i have no interest in doing so – I don’t need to be coerced to show discretion in what I reveal here, and anyone who reads the book will know why.

Anyway, now’s your chance. If you want to know about this book, ask away. I’ll try to answer as much as I can without crossing the line, for your own good.

Is this a creative-writing brainstorming thing, or is there a written book?

If there’s a book then send it to me, jerk. I’ll draw my own conclusions. If it’s a brainstorming thing then…ho hum…who dies and how?

No it’s an actual book. A revolutionary book circulating underground to a culture of neo-synergistic visionaries and bards that operate under the radar and communicate across time/space zones in a way that would initially freak you out, and the illuminati is involved as well. I feel confident you think I’m joking about that part, which is why, via a fun little situational loophole specific to your very own Gamer, I am able to take advantage of said loophole; I am at liberty to say all of this without consequence. if you want to know about it simply ask specific questions.

My kind of drama Gamer :slight_smile:

How can one get hold of this… book? :wink:

Who has access to it and how?

Yeah I caught a fish that was 2.4 meters long, it had res and blue scales and an extra set of eyes on its head.
It was amazing.

You can’t get a hold of the book – it’s invitation only. When I received the book it came with a note explaining that the book would circulate to a select cross section of visionaries selected by a committee of 195 representatives, each who submit one nomination per month. The committee reviews and votes on one per month. The selected party receives the book by hand and must return the book according to very specific instructions.

If you want access to the book, perhaps you have to earn some sort of leadership role and demonstrate a measure of moral courage.

I’ve heard about what those sorts of quests involve [-(