Know Thyself

Aww Trix is getting her emotional succour from KT, this will be interesting.

Emotional succour. The irony. The point is in modern times, people value emotional succour over actual truth. If truth makes them feel “dirty” they just abandon it.

Interesting, you’re a responding to a post from 4 years ago. I have no idea what that forum is like today, but your post of the truth feels dirty, ignoring the truth… Reeks of a cultish like mind.

We all have cultish like minds, only question is who is your master? Who do you obey? I bet it’s the modern culture we live in. I’ve always hated modern culture and knew something was wrong with it since age 4. Don’t think I just mindlessly parrot Satyr though he has some good quotes. It just so haps 2 people on occassion stumble upon the same self-evident truths, which is that most feminists are retards.

If the truth makes you feel dirty, so be it. You feel dirty because you feel the wrath of the entire social construct you so adore. They are entirely conditional, you see. If you question them or don’t suck up to their methods, they have ways to make you feel dirty about yourself. You feel dirty, embarassed, like a chimp who has outgrown his need to fit in to the group of the idiotic chimpanzees he is surrounded by. Succumbing back to such feelings is pathetic, really. For your sake you should not.

I remember you from some weeks or months ago, you wrote an excellent post in philosophy about atheism, and, IIRC, the need to overcome herd mentality and think for yourself. So I think it’s somewhat ironic that you criticize somebody for reeking of a cultish like mind - according to numbers, atheism isn’t much more than a cult, either. If quantity is more important than quality, if numbers matter so much when it comes to truth, then Christianity is most likely to be right.

You assume much from someone you know nothing about… I mean, on average sure everyone is subject to social conditioning on some level and some more than others… But in a philosophy forum, most would have broken free to be labeled such a stereotype, after all, we are here for good reason, are we not? That reason is to be able to perceive beyond what the average citizen sees, or at least, pretend to see what is beyond.

Satry had interesting points, but you assume to know what I was referring to when I made my original comment. Your assume to know; were you reading posts there four years ago?

You young whippersnapper hipster wannabe, you don’t want to tangle with me… I’m letting you off very easy.

You assume much from someone you know nothing about… I mean, on average sure everyone is subject to social conditioning on some level and some more than others… But in a philosophy forum, most would have broken free to be labeled such a stereotype, after all, we are here for good reason, are we not? That reason is to be able to perceive beyond what the average citizen sees, or at least, pretend to see what is beyond.

Satry had interesting points, but you assume to know what I was referring to when I made my original comment. Your assume to know; were you reading posts there four years ago?

You young whippersnapper hipster wannabe, you don’t want to tangle with me… I’m letting you off very easy.

Thank you, but I’m sure I don’t get the irony in you comparing a past post to what I said to “Trixie”. Wouldn’t that be, in line with what my post on atheism, rather than ironic? Nonetheless, this has nothing to do with atheism, religion, or Christianity, quality or quantity… I was referring to someone who speaks about the truth, as if they have the truth in their possession, and that I don’t want to be part of it. I’m afraid of the truth… without even knowing what I think about anything other than… a “feeling” I received about a forum from 4 years ago. It seems to be a little over analyzed now. I wasn’t very specific.

Why would I want to be a hipster? They are hyperfeminized retards.

What assumption was wrong?? You already stated the truth made you feel dirty.

I was referring to your post referring to the truth, apologies for not being clear. I don’t trust people who claim they know what is the truth, without even referring to anything specific.

Truth is, feminism is mostly retarded, and that there are differences in races and genetics.

I presumed that these truths made you feel dirty, but it seems that this presumption was indeed the case.

Yes… However, I’m not very interested in gender relations or perceptions. I am interested only in knowing my perceptions on the matter, and ultimately that is all that matters to me. It isn’t hard for me to figure that out; so it isn’t much of an interest to me. I don’t care what other people think, maybe because it doesn’t affect me. Why doesn’t it affect me? I don’t care why. Its not important.

Yes there are differences in race and genetics. Is that the topic over there these days? Lovely, didn’t know.

I don’t see how it’s irrelevant, even hermits concern themselves with such matters. It is the status of the species that has propogated this planet.

Irrelevant? To what?

I never made a claim it was irrelevant… . I said I wasn’t interested in gender relations or perceptions. Not to say I’m not aware of them though. Just, not interested.

What are you interested in?

Realism, epistemology, theology, morality, logic, science (pretty much all sciences and the philosophy of all sciences - this includes so yes that includes anthropology, but not every nook and cranny of it of course. Humanism, wall street and stock trading. Economics. Perception, literature, history…

There are quite a few people today, who drip feed the truth or lies and it is exhausting trying to decipher what is real and what is not. More often than not, truth hurts. To deceive is to manipulate and people cannot move forward on lies. If you ask a person to tell you the truth, you take their answer as being the truth, you place faith in their answer and in a way this is naive but a necessary part of the exchange. Most people insist of being told the truth. I know few who would welcome a lie for themselves, a person is entitled to the truth. Truth is huge, not dirty, but is truth always the best choice of action?

Mark Twain argues lying is universal.

You forge the truth synapses at an early age.

Truth gives you a special feeling, the Eureka(™) feeling.

To find if something is true, you must examine it at it’s opposite, and at it’s neutral.

Then, you find which is more true. That which is what you feel when it is true, or what you feel when you it is false?

I judge the matter in order to make up my mind, but my thinking it true does not make it true. What I must do is distinguish a truth claim and truth. I have to compare what I see with the practical judgment that I make. Verification and truth coexist, as in verification, usually one finds things they did not expect, as in truth, it is often stranger than fiction. It is an intellectual thing, not a feeling thing, involving analysis and comparison, not a mere immersion back into a non intellectual feeling decision, which is something I could not readily accept.

Thoughts are but feelings.

When you see 2+2=4, what do you see?

Some shapes, runes, 2 and 2, entering the vagina, the = rune, and becoming a 4.

Then you feel an emotion, and you remember old memories of apples and oranges, old childhood discussions, and you feel that 2+2=4.

If not these memories, similar memories. 2+2=4 is not an absolute truth, that is, it only a truth apparent to the learned. But not learned of schools, for even the young ape can experiment, play amongst blocks, and develop a feeling of 2+2=4 being truth, that is, a pattern that consistently appears whenever conjured.