Ecmandu's No Fool

Appropriate that your last post is another non-answer.

Someone who admits they are a fool is still a fool. They’re just an honest one.

Goodbye.

Are you two going to kiss and make up? :romance-kisscheek:
:romance-grouphug:

Maybe in a couple weeks, that’s how long the ban is. Couldn’t bring myself to make it permanent when I didn’t knock it out of the park and he gave me a lame half-agreement.

Disappointed by Carleas’s judgment. I thought it was ruled out at the beginning that the participants have to actually believe what they were saying, and that it was agreed it’d be a debate skill precisely because neither actually believed the positions they were advocating.

The debate pretty much went as expected. Ec made a number of shorter posts and used peculiar arguments (infinite souls) and didn’t provide definitions, Uccisore went with the classical American, analytic, systematic approach with elaborated arguments and definitions.

Hopefully Ec won’t be perma banned.

If you mean we DIDN’T have to believe what we were saying, then yeah, that was indeed stipulated. But making it transparent that you don’t have conviction in your point could still be argued as poor rhetoric.

It was frustrating when he didn't respond to my points or made his own incoherent. Basically all I got to do was restate my opening post for two days. But I resisted the urge to expand or add new points because every new point is a potential for a new vulnerability. 

Nah, coupla weeks.

I noticed that as well and am a bit still curious about that.

They both proved to be fools.
I would be tempted to restrict them both to the Sandbox for a year.

You’re even worse, James, so should it be 5 years for you?
I’m no saint either, might as well give me a year as well.

Eh, don’t give James a hard time. I disagreed with him about something a month ago, so he has to say stuff like that.

No, you made a fool of yourself a month ago, to my serious surprise. I had no intention to push you to such a breaking point. Your fall was a bit unexpected. Now I have to far more carefully wonder of your motives. And in this regard, what is going on between you and Ecmandu, because his accusation of you stalking or hounding him was right. I saw it even before he did.

I usually back out of debates when I see that I have caused someone to lie or otherwise do himself too much damage (in your case, both lie and become what could justly be dubbed an “outraged fucking retard”). Although it makes me appear as the fool losing a debate, the reality is that it dis-sways further harm to the other person. That has been my, somewhat un-noted, earmark for decades.

Whether I am worse or not, doesn’t change the reality.

Ecmandu, did you hack James’ account?

I was being more nice to you than you realize. I suggest you not push it.

Why, you gonna say more mean words to me on teh interwebs?

The way I remember it, you and I disagreed about the nature of circularity and the role of definitions in a deductive argument. Most normal people wouldn’t spin that into a ‘fall from grace’ narrative with themselves in the role of ‘grace’.

Just sayin.

You actually say “interwebs”?!?!

I have to admit to a degree of mis-perception and blindness.
I thought more of you.

Um, ok. I was honestly unaware there was any sort of ‘concerned with your opinion of me’ type of relationship between you and I. You’re making things awkward.

Well perhaps forgive me, but I thought that there already had become an “awkwardness”. You telling me to go “FUCK OFF!!! regardless of any thread or subject”, kind of relayed the idea that you were … ummm… already “awkward”.

Completely reverse effect here. Uccisore keeps growing on me.

Growing on me babeh.

Please don’t tell me all this fuss is about that thing with apples and quantity some weeks or months ago? I thought it was just another disagreement on forums, certainly not something that would provoke such an ‘us and them’ attitude, which I thought you despised, James?

For someone who despises it, he does seem to seek out quite often.

I am like a soft, luxurious mold in that respect.

I only half-get the James thing. We disagreed about some academic matter, he got weirdly angry about it, and start following me around for a while. I don’t know him well enough to get the context.

Gyahd … again, just making up lies. I hadn’t thought of you as that kind of guy … until… I saw you get embarrassed.

Bullshit.

Quite the contrary (of course). It began when Ec stated that he would accept my judgement regarding your argument concerning deductive arguments. Despite your very un-moderator-like constant harassing and ad homs at Ec (calling him a moron on many occasions), I assessed it in your favor and explained why.

Later you made another statement that no sound argument can be made concerning concrete objects. That one I debated with you directly. In that short debate I showed that your assertion was necessarily incorrect at which point, you apparently got embarrassed enough to start making the very same kind of moron statements that you had accused of Ec and when that wasn’t enough, you just started flat out lying. I pointed out your lie and explained why it was a lie (you already knew it to be a lie). And at that point, you went ape-shit with this;

The only sign of anger at all came strictly from you;

After more name-calling incidences from you, as far as I was concerned the debate ended with this;

After which you tried to make a few excuses for yourself and I just walked away from it.