Do you really love philosophy?

Ok, but if I were to characterize modern philosophy post Hume as it relates to his doubting, I would say it connects well to one strand of early philosophy, scepticism. The fact is there is the effect of the uncertainty which undermined not only a complete and lasting resolution, but that of love of God, ergo Man, and Love of anything is seen nowedays as a very precarious and recurrent phenomena having little stability or even meaning. The fuzzy feeling one gets in the inside, is basically a good feeling for one’s self, we are never too sure what others are feeling. we can only try to ascertain that by expression of others by what they say they feel. often, these types of measures are again open to interpretation.

That “sounds” good, but it could be something between loving a teddy baer, the parents, the sisters, or God on the one side and loving in the sense of liking (interestingly this can not be used as a verb with the ing-form) philosophy on the other side.

In a world of a society that lives in a “foam” (Peter Sloterdijk), everything has merely “little stability or even meaning”.

Orb

Although scepticism is a negative way of thinking, its positively negative. I think society needs more, i don’t get why so many classics are classics, when they are boring shit. Everything is a bit too ‘yay’ for me these days, salesmen saying ‘sell sell sell’ as if a positive instruction, when its actually just moronic. Not to mention that our governments and societies have devious intent or worse, a knowing ignorance in some of their politics/attitude [e.g. the unemployed, mentally ill, the old], which again is just unintelligent.

true. but that is the old apology for the faustian transgression.apologists and sceptics are aimicable bedfellows

absolutely, in the old sense of the word, when meaning could not be reversed. but, today, reversals are commonplace, and for every negative there seems to be a positive. a step in the right direction. the foam of dealing with reality vs logic.

Orb, do you mean something like ‘we need both’, the sceptic wants something new, and when that change occurs their same scepticism makes a complaint about it. Then that humanity is in that soup - so to say.

What are you even saying? Sexuality is a survival mechanism, not a product of luxury. Same with communication and emotions. Rich people did not sit down and decide to make up emotions one day.

I don’t know about you, but my goal here is to get everyone to have the same ideals I do.

You must have misunderstood something. Probably you do not know what human “luxury” really means. In addition, sexuality is not only a “survival mechanism”.

No. You must have misunderstood something. Probably you do not know what human “communication” and “emotions” really mean. In addition, communication and emotions are also not only a “survival mechanism” or two survival mechanisms.

Nobody said that rich people did “sit down and decide to make up emotions one day”. You must have misunderstood something. …

And what are your “ideals”?

Here is an example that shows how much a person can love philosophy:

My ideals, is that humans are mostly retards, and they need their DNA changed.

Philosophy is not something you need money to study. Philosophy is something you craft on your own volition. Not read long books to parrot others.

From another thread:

=>#

Humans are not perfect. They are not capable of being 100%-animals and also not capable of being gods.

So you are saying that humans “need their DNA changed”. Okay, but what, if they will have changed their DNA?

I agree. But it could nevertheless be possible that Orbie loved philosophy and thought (wrongly) that he needed money to study his “true love”.

Either Orbie is a troll, or he or she has serious mental problems to the point of needing to work something out with a therapist. Whoring your body to pay for rent is one thing…but whoring your body in order to search for philosophy…that’s something else…Especially when your local library is only a few cliques away…

When they change their DNA, they will become more intelligient, more healthy, athletic, kind, and good looking. By more intelligient, I mean they will be able to program and understand massive equations that only idiot savants can. This will be the new average. Imagine all the world, full of geniuses, but without the negative attributes, like lacking social skills. If everyone is a scientist, as well as healthy and athletic, the world’s problems will end. And not only that, but there will be great new suprises, improved relationships, and scientific progress and tech beyond your wildest dreams.

All from just modifying a little bit of DNA.

I think you should probably shut up about obie, trix.

This an open boards. Im not going to be silent about this. Orbie, get help.

I couldn’t lay down the hammer on you even if I wanted to. Just pointing out that when you don’t even know if someone is a he or a she, there is very little you can say about them without sounding like a little shit.

I found this thread after issuing a warning elsewhere. Trixie gets a 24 hour cooling off.

There is no cure against love, especially for philosophy. Some say it’s it’self an illness. For the cure, You’d sell not only Your body, but that of anyone close and dear to You. Thanks for the advice, sorry for Your ban, but it’s nly 24 hours. Tkake a pill, go to bed, and You’ll be laughing about it in the morning.

As always, orbie