with love,
sanjay

“Lieber ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende.”
Translation:
“Rather an end with scare than a scare without end.”

“Nur wer gegen den Strom schwimmt, kommt an die Quelle.”
Translation:
“Only who swims against the flow, comes to the source.”

The God is a facilitator, not an imposer.

• myself.

with love,
sanjay

I have cleaned up the thread from all off-topic posts.

Replying to an adage/proverb with an adage/proverb is allowed, but any not adhering to that will be deleted.

He who wishes to be obeyed must know how to command.
Niccolo Machiavelli

Power is given only to those who dare to lower themselves and pick it up.
Fyodor Dostoevsky

What it lies in our power to do, it lies in our power not to do.
Aristotle

If others had not been foolish, we should be so.
The cistern contains; the fountain overflows.
You never know what is enough unless you know what is more than enough.
3 from Blake

To understand the nature of the people one must be a prince, and to understand the nature of the prince, one must be of the people.” -Niccolo Machiavelli

[size=150]Beware! The devil wears the mask of a saint.[/size]

To the question “Where does the soul go, when the body dies?” Jacob Boehme answered: “There is no necessity for it to go anywhere.”

“It is absurd to divide people into good and bad. People are either charming or tedious” - Oscar Wilde

Truth is a one way street.

Jung said that truth needs the concert of many voices but we can see where that has led to.

Can your quote be true in light of the fact that those people going down that one-way (absolutist) street are not capable of seeing that there can be another way to go in seeking truth?

This is neither an adage nor a proverb but it blew my mind when I came upon it so I shall take the liberty of inserting it.

[b]AH, BIRD IN

KYOTO

PINING FOR

KYOTO!

Basho[/b]

What a meditation or mantra that could be.

Its my own words, not a quote.
Read well: it doesn’t say “there is only one truth”.
It says “truth is a one way street”.

Can you please explain to me how truth can only be a a one-way street, FC?

It is so obvious to me that I can’t see what I have to explain. But Ill try.
Think of truth like time, or just reality. You can’t turn back on truth.

Hmmm…but what have you actually said there, FC?

You can, in a sense, turn back on time. You can reflect on your past (time) to grow from it. You can discover that things which you believed in, things which you absolutely knew to be true, were not really true at all. You come to see this because you have grown and your perspective has changed.

The way that I look at it, you can “turn back on truth” because being that humans are imperfect and fallible, truth changes as we change. Then, sometime in the future, you might again turn back on time and discover that your previous truth or Truth was not altogether truth or even nearly truth.

Why do we need truth to be written in stone? How do we grow that way ~~ when we are so convinced of this or that or everything.

Can truth not be fluid?

pp