Introduce yourself here <-----

Hi, I am AuƟenseite but only because I somehow lost my original username and password as Arditezza. I only had about 12 posts as Arditezza anyhow, and nothing particularly earth shattering from back in 2004.

Iā€™m a Registered Nurse/Social Worker who deals with Hospice patients and their families.

I like intellectual discussion and debate, particularly in the areas of society and justice as well as the human condition.

Some of you may know me as Arditezza/Liebling from sciforums and Arditezza from KTS.

Welcome aboard babe :handgestures-salute:

Thanks Mags :slight_smile:

I appreciate the welcome and look forward to discussions and interactions.

Please, allow me to introduce myself.

I am Tim Smith, an interlocutor who is entering a discussion without time.

I donā€™t feel it appropriate to go farther into detail at this time, but I would like to extend a greeting to one SPECIFIC person on this board who I know is something that I have considered to be at the very least, someone with a mastery of dialogue and expansive knowledge of philosophy, at the very most I have considered him to be one of the few minds (other interlocutor if you well) I have ever come across to be able to engage me in what I considered and still consider a worthwhile philosophical conversation ā€“ and possibly a genius. That man is Uccisore. Iā€™m not going to use real names because the nature of the internet is such that everything is open to view ā€“ much like Wittgenstein conceived of language in a world in his Philosophical Remarks. So, Uccisore, if you read this and would like to maintain a private dialogue, my email is timothy.g.smith199@gmail.com. I might add that I suck at technology and donā€™t know the first thing about sending communication in this context.

I havenā€™t done anything particularly philosophical in the past four years. Hopefully, when virtue sleeps it wakes up well rested.

Cheers,
Timothy G. Smith
UMaine Philosophy & European History, Politics (m.) 11ā€™

PS
Turing Test for the ONE intended recipient of this: Private message me and tell me your last name.

So, you lost your username as Arditezza? :neutral_face:

Itā€™s a cruel world we live in I suppose.

You might want to send him a private message to ensure your message gets across, not everybody checks the introduction thread.

Thanks dude, not much of a technology guy. Except for the being of equipment in Heidegger. :laughing:

Peace.

HELLO HELLO ALL!

Hello Aussenseite, and welcome,

it is a coincidence of sort, well not really astounding, that my wife is also a registered nurse, in a hospice.
Just letting this out, so as to chalk this down to another co incidence. At the end stage, is there family approved overdosing with oxycontent to end the life in a humane manner? or do they use morphine? Again, welcome here, and it,s amazing you can keep it down to a few dozen blogs in about ten years. Hope to converse with You in the future.

Hi, Iā€™m Rilx. You may have seen me in philosophy and secular forums. :greetings-wavegreen:

Hi Everyone

Iā€™m Duncan. My main philosophical interests are philosophy of mind/cognitive science, philosophy of science and politics/ political philosophy. Looking forward to having interesting conversations with you all.

Hello, all, I am Pec of Uliar. :greetings-waveyellow: I am interested in philosophy in general, with an emphasis on the philosophy of science and metaphysics. Iā€™m also interested in fiction writing.

This looks like a nice place.

My first intro post, made Sunday morning, evidently vanished into a moderation hole. :-({|=

Now that evidently I can post without moderation, heā€™s my brief intro.

I am Pec of Uliar. :greetings-waveyellow: I am the Suzerain of the Steppes.

I am interested in philosophy in general, with an emphasis on philosophy of science and metaphysics. I am also interested in fiction writing.

This looks like a nice place. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forums.

Hello everyone,

My name is Erik. Iā€™m a convicted felon, a murderer.

If anyone wishes to exchange contact information, we can get together for a cup of coffee, or take a nice stroll through the park.
We can then go for a ride in my van, back to my place way out in the boondocks, where nobody can hear your screamsā€¦

Btw., nice to meet you all!

Nice to meet you, Erik. Who did you murder?
You dweeb, you. :imp:

Well, hello there, my succulent lilā€™ friendā€¦

Itā€™s a pleasure toā€¦meet youā€¦

Who did I murder? Now, nowā€¦I donā€™t kill and tellā€¦

Letā€™s go grab some ice-cream, shall we?

Ice cream??? How about a nice hot steaming cup of coffee? Iā€™ll even let you buy me a tuna melt.

We can do coffeeā€¦yes, coffeeā€¦It will be as black asā€¦my soulā€¦ :evilfun:

Your soul is not so completely black, Erik. I do catch a glimmer of light there - slight, yes, but stillā€¦ :mrgreen:

Hmm just wanted to introduce myself here.