Nil By Mouth
Buffalo 66
The House of Mirth
The Hill
Les Enfants Du Paradise
The Master
Pans Labyrinth
Grey Gardens

I haven’t really watched movies recently, other than a trailer of 500 MPH Storm. I guess all of the movies made by Don Hertzfeldt are real good, especially Rejected.

Across the Universe.

Anything by the Marx Brothers… famous for their one-liners and instrumental talents (classically-trained to orchestral performance level), as well as their slapstick comedic tomfoolery.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSsUoxlSADk[/youtube]

You have to remove the s in https then place the link in between the brackets for it to show the video box.

Thank ye.

They should have a channel that airs nothing but Marx Brothers films and B movies… I’d never leave the house :stuck_out_tongue:

The Red Shoes (1948)

Riddick trilogy was unexpectedly good.

Cowboys vs. Aliens. Star studded and pretty damn cool. I did not expect so many well known actors and actresses. The movie was cool. Right now watching Revolver(again) another great flick.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEUYAqO3b8A[/youtube]

His final interview while working on the film The Crow. He died in a strange accident on set not too long after this interview.

Like the character he portrayed, he was in the prime of his life and was shot dead before he could marry his fiance.

Toward the end (10:12), he quotes American author Paul Bowles:

The Wicker Man (1973)

The Man Who Planted Trees

Ten Favorite Cult Flicks:

1. Repo Man
  2. Office Space
  3. The Big Lebowski
  4. Pee Wee’s Big Adventure
  5. Clerks
  6. Reservoir Dogs
  7. The Warriors
  8. The Wicker Man (original
  9. Heathers
  10. Donnie Darko

Behind the Green Lights, with Carole Landis

A few Good Men

youtube.com/watch?v=vyMggFe9WRQ

I don’t know what a cult movie is but I recently watched two videos

One was Into the Wild - awesome inspiring. More so because it is based in reality. What courage and spirit he had.
A movie for all hedonists, pessimists, whiny people - not that it might make much of a difference to them.

and the other was The Shawshank Redemption. Forrest Gump won the academy award that year. Now I’ve seen both videos but can’t really tell which one I might have given the award to. They’re both different and inspiring.

I didn’t actually want to see TSR for whatever reason I don’t like prison movies - some mental block in me I guess lol but I watched it anyway. It was in some ways so inspiring – in showing/teaching just how capable we are as human beings able to survive in the worse environments and times even though it was also so tragic and reminded me of how we humans at times or many of us can be so brutal and barbaric, corrupt and corruptible, and sub-human really.

I cried at the end, I cried during the movie but the tears at the end were tears of joy. Life doesn’t always give us happy endings. Not to think of my cup as half empty, but sometimes it just doesn’t so we’re grateful that we even have the cup. A few really good sips works well though. Well I won’t give away the ending just in case someone wants to see it. I do feel too that Morgan Freeman at the end chose the much better choice, though either choice might have been understandable to me based on his life. It also called to mind how institutionalized people can be in prisons or other such places.

Next to November 22, 1963 I loved that book, it is probably King’s second-best book (picture) for me. I don’t know how closely faithful the movie was to the book.

Plan 9 from outer Space.

thedissolve.com/features/movie- … st-the-ti/

I’ve been into classic Kung fu films from the 90s lately: Fists Of Fury, and The Man With The Iron Fists.