Introduce yourself here <-----

Hi,

Just introducing myself. A Blues fan and particularly a fan of Jr Wells

Cheers

Not sure if wisdom is something a person gets as it is not acquired.
Wisdom is how we apply what we have… not what we have.

A person is said to be unwise, if through their “own” actions, they create more problems then they solve (in the short term and the long term).

What I mean is, to pass yourself off as wise you gotta understand what’s previously been passed off as wisdom.

Not sure if anyone passes themselves off as wise (we all know our own dark nature).

Why not create rather than destroy?

You know, there’s a few things you can’t really question, like how man needs God. I’d like to believe people rarely abuse such knowledge but truly I know better. Denying real wisdom like that tends to put peeps in a tough place- in the end they gotta somehow find peace before it’s too late and that often takes a good hard look at yourself.

Some believe that peace grows as a result of wisdom.

Some believe wisdom grows as a result of peace.

Some believe that wisdom and peace grow in unison.

I believe in all of the above as it depends on an individuals disposition/character and so I try my very best (even though I mostly fail) to not destroy another’s peace or wisdom.

Real wisdom don’t come easy, in the end gotta get your own to get it right.

Hi, I am Außenseite but only because I somehow lost my original username and password as Arditezza. I only had about 12 posts as Arditezza anyhow, and nothing particularly earth shattering from back in 2004.

I’m a Registered Nurse/Social Worker who deals with Hospice patients and their families.

I like intellectual discussion and debate, particularly in the areas of society and justice as well as the human condition.

Some of you may know me as Arditezza/Liebling from sciforums and Arditezza from KTS.

Welcome aboard babe :handgestures-salute:

Thanks Mags :slight_smile:

I appreciate the welcome and look forward to discussions and interactions.

Please, allow me to introduce myself.

I am Tim Smith, an interlocutor who is entering a discussion without time.

I don’t feel it appropriate to go farther into detail at this time, but I would like to extend a greeting to one SPECIFIC person on this board who I know is something that I have considered to be at the very least, someone with a mastery of dialogue and expansive knowledge of philosophy, at the very most I have considered him to be one of the few minds (other interlocutor if you well) I have ever come across to be able to engage me in what I considered and still consider a worthwhile philosophical conversation – and possibly a genius. That man is Uccisore. I’m not going to use real names because the nature of the internet is such that everything is open to view – much like Wittgenstein conceived of language in a world in his Philosophical Remarks. So, Uccisore, if you read this and would like to maintain a private dialogue, my email is timothy.g.smith199@gmail.com. I might add that I suck at technology and don’t know the first thing about sending communication in this context.

I haven’t done anything particularly philosophical in the past four years. Hopefully, when virtue sleeps it wakes up well rested.

Cheers,
Timothy G. Smith
UMaine Philosophy & European History, Politics (m.) 11’

PS
Turing Test for the ONE intended recipient of this: Private message me and tell me your last name.

So, you lost your username as Arditezza? :neutral_face:

It’s a cruel world we live in I suppose.

You might want to send him a private message to ensure your message gets across, not everybody checks the introduction thread.

Thanks dude, not much of a technology guy. Except for the being of equipment in Heidegger. :laughing:

Peace.

HELLO HELLO ALL!

Hello Aussenseite, and welcome,

it is a coincidence of sort, well not really astounding, that my wife is also a registered nurse, in a hospice.
Just letting this out, so as to chalk this down to another co incidence. At the end stage, is there family approved overdosing with oxycontent to end the life in a humane manner? or do they use morphine? Again, welcome here, and it,s amazing you can keep it down to a few dozen blogs in about ten years. Hope to converse with You in the future.

Hi, I’m Rilx. You may have seen me in philosophy and secular forums. :greetings-wavegreen:

Hi Everyone

I’m Duncan. My main philosophical interests are philosophy of mind/cognitive science, philosophy of science and politics/ political philosophy. Looking forward to having interesting conversations with you all.

Hello, all, I am Pec of Uliar. :greetings-waveyellow: I am interested in philosophy in general, with an emphasis on the philosophy of science and metaphysics. I’m also interested in fiction writing.

This looks like a nice place.

My first intro post, made Sunday morning, evidently vanished into a moderation hole. :-({|=

Now that evidently I can post without moderation, he’s my brief intro.

I am Pec of Uliar. :greetings-waveyellow: I am the Suzerain of the Steppes.

I am interested in philosophy in general, with an emphasis on philosophy of science and metaphysics. I am also interested in fiction writing.

This looks like a nice place. :mrgreen:

Welcome to the forums.