What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

My first stop of the day yesterday… Superdrug

What’s in the bag I wonder :open_mouth:

This selection of toiletries: looking forward to using the Garnier body oil :slight_smile:

Next stop on my way home yesterday was… Sainsbury’s :stuck_out_tongue:

I ended up buying 3 more bottles of the prosecco when me and elder sister were joined by our eldest sister and then by her husband… I ended up giving an impromptu dinner party for them all.

My third and final stop as I approached home was the local Budgens, which is far from budget :confused:

The chicken was joined by Tilda lime and coriander rice (for them) and sugar snap peas for us all, followed by more copious amounts of prosecco :smiley:

Chakra, your rig is a monster. Very cool. What do you plan to use all that RAM for? I’m not familiar with the gfx card but I assume it’s top notch. (n/m I just saw your reply to phoneutria)

I built my own machine from individual components in December 2012. I’m pretty satisfied with what I was able to put together for $1,300.

3IMG_0533.jpg
All my pics of the inside are ungodly blurry.

Intel i7 3770k 3.5 GHz (Turbo 3.9 GHz)
nVidia GTX 660ti
16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1333MHz Memory
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard
Seasonic Modular 650 Watt PSU - 80 Plus Gold Rated woohoo!
Samsung 830 Series 125GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD
BluRay Read/Write Drive
Logitech G510 Keyboard (I love changing the color of the back-lit keys! Best part of my PC :stuck_out_tongue: ), 24" LCD Monitor, NZXT Phantom 410 ATX Mid Tower Gunmetal Steel Case w/ 3 fans, WiFi Adapter, Win7/Win8 dual

A gamer? :laughing:

Great set up, fuse. You spent a fraction of the money I did and got 80% of the power. Nice. =D>
I went a totally overboard because, as I said, I’d have to give it to the tax man if I didn’t spend it so… I splurged.

I’m a user, more than a techie/nerd (or gamer). If I didn’t have help putting it together and optimizing, I may have ended up with a very expensive toaster. I enjoy building machines though. I just don’t have time to keep up with everything. I also think this might be the last pc I own. I’ve been waiting for a decade or more to move to a dumb machine with full cloud service but it’s still not up to scratch so that was another reason to go out with a bang.

Nooo, why would you want a dumb machine with cloud service?? :slight_smile:

Yes, I am a bit of a gamer and a bit of a tech geek, and I also like to do some casual video editing/rendering.

I took advantage of that crazy phenomenon called Black Friday to get the parts as cheap as I did. Most of it I just picked off Newegg, which was doing some jaw dropping sales. I had never had a very powerful machine before and the time was right so I had to go for it.

I honestly just watched a few videos about building computers and I went into super meticulous mode to set it all up. Took me the better part of a day and I learned a lot. Before that I didn’t know much about computer hardware at all.

So far so good, I had a few BSODs related to driver issues, but my machine seems to be holding up well.

In keeping with the current holiday season… this will be up in my (newly cleaned) front yard by tomorrow afternoon in time for the trick or treaters…

eotechinc.com/holographic-we … /model-512

I don’t like it but it’s inevitable. Half of my apps can only be accessed via the cloud nowadays. You can’t buy them any more; you have to ‘rent’ them on subscription. Several of my favourites have been discontinued and repackaged into cloud-only versions. As much as I loath where we’re heading, what do I do when my job demands it? It wont be too long before we’re all living in digital versions of gated communities with a few giant corporations providing every app and service we need. Of course it will be for our security and convenience. It always is.

Nice

Cool. Nothing’s that difficult when you get down to it. What’s difficult is keeping up with it all. Ain’t nobody got time for dat

I bought a vaporizer for my weed. Vaporizing seems to be all the rush these days especially with the availability of vape pens now. So I decided to buy this one to see how it is.

I didnt like it. The high is completely different and fairly uncomfortable. I dont adjust to new things easily.

Looks like i will have to buy a new bong then.
fuck my lungs.

I don’t usually post stuff I buy but I’m REALLY enjoying this bad boy, fits my hand almost perfectly:

Vapes are for casual smokers. They don’t get you as high as combusting the weed.

If you’re gonna get a bong, you should get it from aqua lab technologies. No chinese brittle glass. You want a schott duran tube no more than 18 inches. Most of the pieces there are made of just that. There are a few places in the world who make borosilicate glass tubes. They use local sand when they make em, and the German sand is the best. 18 inches is the longest standard size. Anything longer is fused, and therefore has a weak spot. Standard wall thicknesses are 3, 5, 7 and 9mm. I’d get the thickest tude I can get for the money. There’s a hvy beaker w/ 1 tree perc on there that’s 9mm thick. If I didn’t have 2 bongs already, I’d order it.

aqualabtechnologies.com/scientif … eaker.html

Here’s mine. Look at the joint on this thing. Normally the joints are standard width like what comes out of most scientific glass factories. But there’s a company called honalee or something like that that makes these heavy duty ones. Mostly US tubes and Left Coast buy em and use em to make indestructible bongs.

youtube.com/watch?v=jdvwmztqD5I

Actually, it is not a purchase but a gift from my children on our 25th marriage anniversary. They gifted me my first smartphone; Moto-E.

I was already aware of most of the functions but one feature what impressed me the most is the facility of speech to text.

One can type by his speech. Though, it is not perfect now and there are many shortcoming in the software but it is still an outstanding effort from Google. I do not know whether other smartphones (other than Android) have this or not. I also think that it can be proved very handy in the case of laptops too.

Sorry, i cannot post its picture.

with love,
sanjay

Getting it in, man!

Looooool. Why wouldn’t it get you as high as combusting it? Vaporizing it is healthier and can get you extremely high. Especially taking dabs.

My most recent was two of these for Valentine’s Day - for my daughter and son. It took some forethought to fill in the blanks but anything meaningful is worth doing. It actually took me quite a while for each one since some of them are kind of interchangeable and similar to the other and I wanted each response to be different.

Valentine.jpg

[b]What I Love about You Journal

This little book contains fill-in-the-blank lines describing some aspect of your affection for your beloved. Just complete each line and voilà: you have a uniquely personal gift your loved one will read again and again[/b]

Before that, I bought a Meditation Fountain - so nice to reflect by or to just sit in reverie and BE.

Meditation fountain.jpg

Of course, there are the other mundane stuff which is not worth mentioning.

It’s been quite a shopping spree since December.

i even got this new place with this new view.