What is your most recent purchase? - pics required

Rawr…

Pics of mac crying in the bathtub, mascara running down.
Big gamer then, or working with graphic design, intense rendering doings…

Chakra , can you build me a similar one for around 5 hundred?

It’s very pretty MagsJy. I love how the colors compliment each other - but is that a new way of placing them - for good luck? :mrgreen:

lawl

here’s my babeh… got this last october though so almost 1 year old

I just use a chromebook. It’s the best.

If all you do is web browsing… sure.

I’m too old for video games, and the only creative thing that I engage in is playing the blues, which does not require a fast computer.

Yep. Not a problem. Shipping will be around $6K.

Not a gamer. I do a lot of graphic/rendering and usually have half a dozen big apps running at one time (plus the usual email, browsers etc.) I’m also playing around with video and audio so it needs to be pretty powerful. It’s also a tax write off. In this crazy, crazy system of ours, what you don’t spend on work related items, you have to give away to the tax mafia so spend I must. :sunglasses:

That parfum sounds delicious, shieldmaiden - amber, vanilla, sandalwood (great base) pine needles and orris heart, and lemon pepper/spice top. It sounds like a sophisticated bohemian scent? Is it clear and light as the name implies? Am I imagining it correctly? If so, I know someone who would love it.

With that beast, you should become a gamer :open_mouth:

Few games are actually worth the time though. Some of them I would even dare to call works of art.

+1

=

-travels several hours to Chakra’s state with gaming hard drive in hand-

‘Hey man! I was in the area and uh… I’m really thirsty. Mind if I come in?’

-lets self in-

‘Woah, my arms are really tired. Is there anywhere safe I can put this?’

-begins seeking out Chakra’s rig, hard drive in hand-

=

foolproof ^_-

I figured you might be working with graphics considering the amount of storage you put into it, besides the fact that the only people who build these sorts of machines are gamers or game makers :slight_smile:

I often have a lot of stuff open, too, and my lil carbon x1 handles it really well. Eclipse, MySQL workbench, source control app, a vpn connection, a couple hundred browser tabs… not a sweat.

So you do your computer work form a home office in the middle of the woods… you have the life I want, man :slight_smile:

All I need now is the house in the woods, so I’ll get there…

I use to program in Python using vim on a Debian system. One day I will return to my youthful self.

I was going to make fun of debian and say you gotta get on centos like a real man, but then I remembered I’m stuck with windows like a plebe :cry:

Curious, which ones?

I’ve never been tempted to buy a game. I love the artwork, the sets, the camera angles, the atmosphere etc but I just have no desire to shoot, blow up, stab, slice or bludgeon things/people to death.

Yep. I’ve been working from home since the late 1980’s. I was one of the guinea pigs when they were testing if working from home was viable and effective. I never went back to the office again. :stuck_out_tongue: But it does take a particular personalty type. Some people need others around them. Some people need to have a place to go to to make them work otherwise they mope around the house all day doing nothing. You have to be disciplined and you have to follow regular hours.

I should have moved to the country/coast 10 years before I did because it’s just so beautiful. There are temptations here, too, of course. It’s a beautiful sunny morning right now and I can hear the waves rolling in on the beach just over the hill. The closest beach is often deserted… so it does take lots of discipline. :imp:

I’ve been thinking of moving further into the valley but chickened out at the last moment. I would have been very isolated – even more so during flood times with the only road washed out – and I’m not sure if I’m skilled enough to take care of myself in emergencies just yet. I want to be, and that’s where I’m heading but that might have been biting off more than I can chew at this point in time.

Phon, if something happens and you need to move, make the move a big one. That’s what I did. I decided to turn a problem into an opportunity and just landed up the coast. Sometimes being pushed in the water is the best way to learn how to swim.

My first stop of the day yesterday… Superdrug

What’s in the bag I wonder :open_mouth:

This selection of toiletries: looking forward to using the Garnier body oil :slight_smile:

Next stop on my way home yesterday was… Sainsbury’s :stuck_out_tongue:

I ended up buying 3 more bottles of the prosecco when me and elder sister were joined by our eldest sister and then by her husband… I ended up giving an impromptu dinner party for them all.

My third and final stop as I approached home was the local Budgens, which is far from budget :confused:

The chicken was joined by Tilda lime and coriander rice (for them) and sugar snap peas for us all, followed by more copious amounts of prosecco :smiley:

Chakra, your rig is a monster. Very cool. What do you plan to use all that RAM for? I’m not familiar with the gfx card but I assume it’s top notch. (n/m I just saw your reply to phoneutria)

I built my own machine from individual components in December 2012. I’m pretty satisfied with what I was able to put together for $1,300.

3IMG_0533.jpg
All my pics of the inside are ungodly blurry.

Intel i7 3770k 3.5 GHz (Turbo 3.9 GHz)
nVidia GTX 660ti
16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1333MHz Memory
ASRock Z77 Extreme4 Motherboard
Seasonic Modular 650 Watt PSU - 80 Plus Gold Rated woohoo!
Samsung 830 Series 125GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s HDD
BluRay Read/Write Drive
Logitech G510 Keyboard (I love changing the color of the back-lit keys! Best part of my PC :stuck_out_tongue: ), 24" LCD Monitor, NZXT Phantom 410 ATX Mid Tower Gunmetal Steel Case w/ 3 fans, WiFi Adapter, Win7/Win8 dual