My goddamn upstairs neighbor

ROTFLMAO, most of my in-laws are from there, we live in the south east, you would have to ask my husband about that… he is from the Northwest but, has ties to the southwest… BTW, I am Southwestern, Arizona.

I saw a sunset there on the way to LA, breathtaking. We stopped and I had a chicken mc nugget menu and some m&ms in a parking lot in the middle of nowhere under a golden sun, which was the most simplistic I’ve ever felt, and it’s one of the most peaceful memories. I basically like the whole west except downtown San Francisco. I once stayed in a hotel there and for the first time realized there was a whole world of despair that doesn’t even try to stay below the surface.

It always rains when you arrive there.

On the one trip I made to Oregon for a sister-in- law wedding., 2am I10 outside of LA was gridlocked. It took, 3 hours to get through a stretch that should have taken half an hour… no accidents were the cause…

I never took the freeways in LA, I was paranoid I’d end up in a 24 hour jam. Then I had to once and I was immediately stuck for hours. I really like their big avenues, they’re less crowded than Amsterdam traffic axises and with much more potholes and chemical pink vistas.

Sunshine through the rain, another dreary day in Amsterdam. I went into the city for a while to buy a BMX bike, which I reconsidered as soon as I got close to the touristic center. There can not be much drearier and fatiguing things than a city center full of tourists and shopping day-people.

Why don’t you buy a real bike, rather than a toy?

I have five.

BMX is an exteme sport that I would like to get into.

You sound like my kid. :slight_smile: When he was a kid it amazed me that he never broke any bones on his BMX. We allowed him to keep it in his room, he was that interested in it. A toolbox was always right beside it.

That’s the one non-weed or hooker related thing I remember about Amsterdam. All those damn bicycles. I mean they’re all over the place. Pure madness.

Yes, this is a source of entertainment for us, making tourists aware of the law of the bike jungle. People are only used to loud vehicles that you can hear coming from a distance. If they dont hear much theyll walk on the streets and bicycle paths, until they have had one of these heartattack moments that we try to provide them with.

First thing I do when I fly to a place…buy a knife or a can of mace. Don’t try and run me over with a bike. I’m really particular about my personal space. If I can’t stick my arms out and spin in a circle without touching someone, then someone is too close.

That’s rather paranoid though. Not to mention hostile.

Tourists are not entitled to much personal space in traffic lanes. They need to quickly adapt to what traffic means in the town they’re visiting.

Nobody gets run over, except by a tram sometimes - the sport is to cause a jolt of fright without doing any harm, enough to change future behavior. Every self-conscious city has a few jokes it plays on guests to introduce them to the rules.

In real life, my paranoia is one of my most defining traits. If I’m anything, I’m cautious.

I probably wouldn’t knock a guy off a bike just for getting too close, but if he actually touched me I could very well black out momentarily and erupt in an episode of violence. Then of course I’d have to run like hell. But I can run a lot faster than you might think by looking at my photos. I’m not a wiry, lanky, lightweight dude, but I can sprint like you wouldn’t believe.

I can be pretty paranoid, but I don’t get violent blackouts. I did when I was a kid. I could also run like hell then, I was usually the fastest in my class except for two others, who were athletes. Once I ran all the way along the beach for 25 (much less than I thought) kilometers with a backpack and my shoes around my neck, in one go. I was high even, but I can basically run forever if I maintain consciousness of my energy. I could, at least. It’s been a while since I tried.

Its weird I still feel I am talking in part on KTS, as I know they reads these threads avidly with his companions. I feel tempted to say stuff about genetics. A decent gene-pool is an endless field of resource, so much is in there that can be used but is not employed by the memetic mind. By changing the structure of consciousness you access different genetic potentials. Yoga, especially kundalini is designed to stir up the genetic sediment at the base of the spine, and cause a chain reaction of competition of different sets of genetical code, in increasigly conscious conditions.

Living is always a lot of warring gene-economies. This form of yoga, sometimes leading to a form of psychosis in some in its middle stages and leading to completely de-automatized consciousness, is creating the conditions for nature to wage war against itself for better positions. The degree to which one embodies such war is the degree to which one can be wise. Not waring with oneself is not knowing oneself.

The kts/ilp debates reminds me of the geek/jock or cool/lame debates from middle school.

I am astounded at how people actually give a shit or even bother to participate.

I mean talk about a dead horse…the main guy over there could just as well be an old recording on a loop.

How does anyone find it interesting?

He likes people who submit. He doesn’t like people who do not.

Most everyone who has anything good to say about the place start off by explaining how they felt weak or flawed and wanted to feel strong or perfect and so they went there to flatter him so that he’d affirm them.

The reason that he hates me is that submission is not in my nature, and no matter how much bullshitting and name calling and poetry you do, like it or not I’m fully trained in pointing out the holes in a given position that someone might hold. And to be frank, his aren’t particularly well hidden.

Am I the only one who actually sees him as a sad, insecure dummy who’s hiding behind more obfuscation in his language than literally anyone else has to employ ever? You guys think he’s strong?

He is not worth the time and ditto to what Mr. R. said.

But that is what you are doing. I am trying to make sense of why both places exist, of their virtues.
And stop talking as if I am talking about Satyr. All that that place has to offer to me is Lyssa and her gigantic network of “Aryan” sources.

By the way, I like the word Aryan. It’s good. Better than Semite. What is that? Descendent of Sem - what is so great about Sem? Arya means noble. No wonder people call themselves Aryan.

But the choices she makes and the material she quotes are often of very high relevancy. So is this choice. I can even respect her admiration for Satyr, because she needs to look up to The Philosopher of Masculinity, who is indeed required in this time. I can no longer represent this hope for her along Satyr, because of what has now happened. But I am no woman, not dependent on ideology for trust in the intellect, so I can still respect her mind, which makes of Satyrs exalted lack-ness a refined web of reflection on the possibility of fullness.

My own philosophy is of fullness - perhaps like a bee filled with nectar. KTS tried to draw it into the web and caught it, but it was too full, too heavy with nectar, and broke free leaving the spider enraged… yes, nice image. This is what KTS is all about, the surface, the Vorstellung.

Comments like ‘jock vs x’ do not pertain, but they do enforce their ideas about this place.

Have you shot and hid the dead body of your annoying next door neighbor yet?

He is some one elses problem now.