Reporting Death Threat

There comes a time when you just have to toe a hard line and show tough love instead; and if you can’t understand that, you will. You teach them how to fit into nature, you break that wild spirit of theirs and then build them up fresh and in a way that is conducive to the whole; you teach them how to reignite that fire inside of themselves and use it productively; no matter how hard it gets; and as you have seen there are some unruly children.

Who will serve justice where the laws of men fail to? One born from and raised by the Earth and given a portion of the spirit of the immortal. A mixture of mortal and God; no different than anyone else. Just different choices influenced by different parts of society. Each one of you would have done exactly the same if you had worn my shoes in life and vice versa; so don’t see it as me judging you. You do that to your self based on your perceptions of what is said.

but don’t push it, because we’ll make your perception a reality and then live our reality.

And the way I see it; none of you were getting very far with this without God. Seems to be something to it after all, huh.

I know what you did to me. You can cover it up all you want, but that’s bullshit.

Someone slipped me acid or lsd yesterday and fucked with me hardcore last night.

See a physician.

No. I’m going to be fine. I’m a survivor; not a victim.

My summer right after sixth grade, I read each and every story of Doyle’s Sherlock Holmes. The orphanage had this great little library and I found this thick onion-skinned book of Sherlock Holmes. I would go up to our playground and sit in the cornfield and read, read, read - happiness personified, at least while I was reading.

There’s no case to solve here. Sherlock would simply tell us that the case is over. The he would go pick up his violin and start playing - “Let It Be”. It was Doyle who actually composed the song. :laughing: McCartney and Lennon found an old written manuscript of it and made it their own.

Sometimes it is the strongest will and spirit which lets it be!

Only kidding about the manuscript thingy.

This should be addressed.

If you find yourself in an environment where people slip you acid without your knowledge or permission, then you’re not in a safe environment. I don’t care how benign or friendly they think they are being, or how you choose to slice this pie - these people do not respect you. You think you’re a survivor? Somebody else thinks you’re a door mat. And you, being an adult, I assume, are ultimately responsible for putting yourself and staying in this position. If that is what you want, to be an abuse survivor, then maybe you have some deeper issues to address, like guilt.
Do you, deep down, think you deserve this treatment?
If you took acid voluntarily and lied about it (for whatever reasons), then it raises a different question as to how to integrate acid tripping (or altered states of consciousness) into philosophical inquiry, and if it’s even possible. (I’m assuming here that you were tripping while posting yesterday). I try to remain open minded but there is a point at which a dialogue becomes a monologue, a soliloquy. You are talking to yourself, your angels and demons, stuck in your parallel universes or wormholes, or whatever. You can put it in creative writing if you want, but don’t confuse it with philosophy. Philosophy deals with the mind, specifically with rational mind. Otherwise, at best, it would be mysticism or religion.

OP: I suppose death threats are considered religious expression. It’s the same throughout the western world. And more an more I think that if you are going to allow these Mesopotamian, prescientific tribal religions to be expressed, death and war and stupidity is all you’re going to get.

What of the animal kingdom? I think we are no whole as a human race, we are only a whole including the whole ecosystem. We are not alone, humans don’t matter that much.

What matters is valuing what is of value to you, and recognizing what is taking away from you. I believe that was also Pandora’s larger point. You will harm people who might like you whenever you step in harms way.

You must also consider rocks, air, the sun, the moon, the waters - humans are only of slight influence to each other, compared to the influence they all receive from the elements.

No human can be free amidst only humans.

This reminds me of something a German farmer once said to me: first learn to love a plant, then an animal, then another human, then yourself.
In this way you will naturally find that in loving all these you have been loving yourself. To love is to self-respect.

The other may feel the same way about you,
But you have time. In time, you will both know. Until then, you struggle. The world watches as you try to establish yourself. This is what life is.

Youth is thinking that others don’t respect you. Maturity is knowing what respect is. All mature beings have embraced the struggle, their part of it, and - as that is shown in a mushroom-trip - the suffering becomes enduring and enduring becomes pleasurable. From the pleasure in being resisted, life is born. Some minds stay barren as their organisms can not get used to the burden that it is to exist without a known standard for goodness.

I say leave every beast in his wilderness. Find out which wildernesses overlap. I assure you my idea of dignity and yours are not the same, and yet we will have a lot to agree on. Let man be man - after all this is a growing process. There need to be many levels in operation at once. There need to be Bodhisattva’s and beginners for there to be a process at all. The greatest Bodhisattva is the Sun. He teaches the basic rules, the ones we can not avoid knowing. His daughter, the Earth, and all the other offspring have many rules for us to learn and each rule is one of bliss.

A smarter man than most “philosophers”.

I told him as much.

Didn’t go over well.

Indeed. This sort of basic wisdom does not seem to occur to the unfortunate city dweller.

I moved to the city to be close to that which I love.

Some are disgusted by man. But not I.

I’ll take it all.

Was Idioms’ account banned?

If so, under what circumstances and at whose discretion?

You guys are correct - I did manipulate Idioms.

But only to show him the sickness within.

I have no ill will towards Idioms. He’s a good guy.

Unfortunately, my plan was foiled by how others handled the situation.

‘Dorry worry, Idioms. It’s cool to make death threats. This guy’s a dick.’

It wasn’t a real death threat you big dummy. Stop being an attention whore.

‘Dorry worry, Idioms. It’s cool to make death threats. This guy’s a dick.’

=

I refer back to my questions which haven’t been answered.

Look man, the guy lacks the capacity to carry out what he spoke. That means that no threat exists.

Your victim complex is hilarious. One minute, you’re admitting to “manipulating him” then the next minute you want to be his victim.

You are emotionally confused, and as you get older and become more mature, eventually you will either be ashamed of what you’re doing in this thread, or you’ll remain in your current state of dissonance forever.

The End.

You don’t know this. Indeed, what do any of us really know about the folks we exchange posts with here?

Instead, idiotic makes a death threat to someone you don’t particularly like and so you rationalize away the importance of taking it seriously.

Simple?

Though, admittedly, it is only my own personal opinion.

Iambig, you may be the first person who’s ever made me want to check out how the ignore feature works.

I get it. You think that everything is a matter of opinion, and that unless it’s your opinion, that it’s some kind of rationalization stemming from some emotional state or some point of view. You don’t have to keep popping up in every thread to reiterate this point.

If you paid attention, you’d know that I think both of them are idiots. Why wouldn’t I just as equally go the other direction and take the other guy’s side? Because it’s not a rationalization based on an emotional state or point of view. It’s factual that the credibility of this threat was such that it couldn’t be taken seriously. Now I know…I know…you don’t like facts. But that doesn’t change them. Wishing the world away with your eyes closed is just fine. And if you keep them closed then you can live in a world that you make up for yourself. But reality is just on the other side of your eyelids dude.

Yes, that is certainly one way to avoid responding more substantively to the points I raise. And simple too.

How is this an intelligent rebuttal to the point I made above? Do any of us really know what other posters here are capable of when they threaten to kill us? Should not all such threats be taken at least somewhat seriously? Is there not a link between your own personal reaction to Ben here and your reaction to someone that threatens to kill him?

And you know full well that my point regarding identity, value judgments and political economy [the relationship between them “out in the world”] does not revolve around the assumption that “everything is just a matter of opinion”.

Over and over again I have made this abundantly clear when making the distinction between a description of stock speculation and a moral defense of it. Between a description of an abortion and a moral judgment regarding it.