Truth Beyond Expiration

Truth is not the criterion, as something as clear as the desert sky or water from a well on a remote mountain can never be captured by the concept truth. The best way to see why that is is that there is no space for any kind of falsity. There is experience in a pure flux, clarity, the absence of need for identification in terms. Once we term things, falsity and truth become issues. As long as I look at the sky from this desert I don’t need any terms. I drink the water that the planet gifts in silence, but when I walk down the mountain or approach the oasis, the words come to me. I mean to introduce a silence into the minds that have only known the clattering of sandal heels and canned tomato sauce.

A truth is only good as long as it’s fresh.

I feel similar. Truth is everywhere and inside and all around all things. I think it’s always fresh and timeless.

What does the word Truth mean, to you?

Does a thing like for example, love, have to do with truth? And if so, what?

We’re always being bombarded with calls to be truthful and about the truth of our hearts and all that. But of course in a state of love or passion, which are strong forms of valuing, Truthfulness in the logical sense is often the first thing that goes out of the window.

So it seems that there are different types of truth which may contradict each other.

Yes. The word truth to me, has a ton of different meanings.
We must remember there is here just humans, words, thoughts, etc. and nothing besides.
So when we talk about contradiction, contradiction is something that is a part of the human being.
This does not exactly mean that the whole universe is a lie or a contradiction.
We are the looking device. We are the perception.
The flaws we see are flaws of our self, in a lot of ways. Not always, but often.

Truth is any one of the many internally consistent ontologies that also consistently relate to objective experience.

Truth, information, intelligence - These are only relevant if one has intent.

Without intent, they’re all irrelevant and have nothing to offer. We need not embrace, reject, seek or refine them.

Language is a means to communicate. We have have far greater means to communicate internally than language. Assuming you’ve no will to alter the environment or put yourself into a fit position for survival, you need not concern yourself with any of it.

False is on the same ground as truth. You can’t say truth in it’s entirety is bullshit without saying falsity is bullshit with it.

They’re both means to an end.

You can exist, or live.

Truth is like poetry in motion. It only becomes real and alive when it is lived - when the realization of some particular truth gives way to the human experience of action or response.

What truth do they speak to you?

:sunglasses:

Truth is simply what is so is immune to any kind of interpretation

I like this definition. It speaks to me.
It points to Truth as having much more value than simply our own subjective thinking albeit that can also be part of truth.

I suppose that Truth is one of those concepts like beauty - it lies in the eyes of the beholder.

Truth beyond expiration – there is truth though - profound, priceless, highly meaningful - which does change when meaning changes, when our perspectives change.

But I wonder - is this truth any less “real” than before it came to change?

Where does truth go when it has lost its meaning?

Truth can never lose its meaning because if it did then it could not be what it is
Which is existence and everything within it which is all there is and ever will be