Stopped Clock Paradox - Analysis

That’s what I got out of the paradox resolution. Do you think it’s sufficiently resolved?

For those who actually wanted to know, I think so.
It would be nice to see MM’s explanation also, just to “verify”. :sunglasses:

I’m sure the answer to “What is really going on” could use a little practice for everyone involved, although it isn’t really all that difficult. It takes a while for a fundamental mindset to soak in, regardless of how right it might be. They went for many years and a lot of trouble to convince everyone of Relativity and against strong resistance. I’m sure they wouldn’t be looking forward to having to repeat it yet again to correct their mistake.

The more serious question is whether you can follow all the way through that RM:AO Fundamentals thread. :wink:

Gotcha. It’ll take some effort though.

Einstein was wrong - that is what I have been thinking since my first doubt about Einstein’s general and special relativity theory.

But the question is, “Can you answer the question posed in this, Stopped Clock Paradox” and explain why.

And to explain what is really happening would require a greater understanding of RM:AO.

I found two questions in that text:
1.) The answers to “Why?”
2.) Already a member?

My answers are:
1.) Yes, the answers to why.
2.) No, I am not yet a member.

All jokes aside.

There are really no more questions on that side, James.

I should read your “RM:AO”, maybe here, James?

The question is “Which clock will stop?” and “Why?”

First try to answer that question using special relativity concepts (no actual math required). In special relativity, the speed of light must always remain constant relative to each and every observer regardless of his own speed or the speed of the light source. So the train observer must observe light traveling toward him at exactly the same speed as the station observer sees any light traveling to the station. The paradox is that in the provided situation and according to special relativity, the light must reach both observers at the same time, but obviously cannot… and does not. So which clock stops, if either?

This thread, toward the end, answers the question (if you can sort through the argumentation).

If you are interested in RM:AO, a Unified Field Theory, you can read from several sites, one of which you mentioned;

Or another RM:AO Fundamentals.

Or in another thread here, A New Theory for a Quantum World, p14. But that one has a great deal of argumentation to skim through.

I know Einstein’s relativity theory very well, James. So that’s not the problem.

The solution of your stopped clock paradox has to do with your rational metaphysics resp. your affectance ontology. In your theory the first or most fundamental force in nature is not the gravity, but the elctromagnetic force (especially the elctrostatic), as you said here and here . So your stopped clock paradox must have to do with photons, with speed of light, with motion (in this case: slowing), and with directions.

That is right, isn’t it?

If I will have enough time, I will read it.

I have just read your offered post.

James, do you want to reintroduce the theory of aether - at least partially?

Aether theory assumes an aether which is separate from matter/forms that is suspended in that aether. RM:AO proposes that aether and the things in it are all the same thing – “it’s all aether”, just various concentrations and organizations of it.

Correct. Lorentz and James Maxwell were seriously on track. They apparently just couldn’t understand why light seemed to always be observed to be traveling the same speed. So they gave up on their “aether” theory and Minkowski introduced Einstein’s relativity.

Affectance Ontology doesn’t presume the existence of anything other than what has no choice but to exist, “affect”. But the logic based upon that one fact leads to an aether-like substance that necessarily fills all space. And as MM stated, that substance isn’t merely the medium in which other things travel called “aether”, but rather it is the actual substance of all things, period. And with close investigation, the reason for light appearing to travel at a constant speed relative to every observer can be realized without having to bend spacetime or play with extra dimensions or reversing time.

It is actually all pretty simple, just different than people have been taught.

Especially since Einstein’s relativity theory became dominant.

Here, Hatingme, prove your genius with this thread.

This is the proof against Special Relativity and also the explanation as to what was happening with the Michelson-Morley experiment.

Im fairly sure nothing was happening in the the Michelson and Morley experiment. The retards of the $cience industry thought aether was a magical wind that did not move with the earth. They were retards for believing this, aether actually is a pervading substance that moves with the Earth, as it is made up of the same material as anything else (though it is too low density to reflect light or stop our motion, and thus we can’t see it.) However, though it cannot stop our motion, without aether, nothing would be able to move (because how can an object move without pushing a pulling a medium through friction? You cannot move on ice that has no friction.

If me and James die as the only ones believing the Truth of Aether, then I die happy because I died knowing the Truth even though the $cience industry tried to make me die with a lie. It is as Jesus said, the Way of Truth is small, and the path of deceit is many.

The Michelson and Morley days version of aether was that it was a fundamental substance within which mass particles and waves of light traveled, like boats on water. What they didn’t realize is that the aether, the light, and the mass are all the same thing; “Affectance”.

Affectance has been proven to exist at every point in space. There is no option. Without affectance, there would be no “points in space”. Even distance is formed by the behavior of affectance (which is why Einstein’s relativity seems to work so well in the right situations).

You speak as if affectance theory exists as a mainstream theory of physics or known and accepted et al. Particles which make effect upon one another has been proven at every point in space, which is known as {relativistic} ‘observing’. Background radiation theory is not affectance theory ether, or at least I have never heard it be called that and my brother is a physicist.

note the red lines underneath the term affectance when posting!

Affectance isn’t a theory. It is a word. And there is no red line when I post it. Google “Effectance”.
Affect = to Act upon
Effect = End result

One refers to what is acting upon something (in psychology, usually upon children).
The other refers to the end result that the affect had, the effect.
From Google:

Regardless, it is proven merely by the thought that if you go anywhere in the universe, no matter what direction you look, you can see stars. But the only thing you can actually ever see is the light that is coming into your eyes. That means that everywhere throughout space is filled with at very least light photons, never mind the CMB and every other frequency range of EMR and gravity. It cannot be escaped. In combination, all of the things constitute the affectance. Or I should say that affectance forms those things.

I’ve been reading a bit more about relativity and I remembered this thread. Went to dig it up and look for what people said about it and… you got it. First response, on the mark. What a dude, go you.

You win the prize of everlasting glory for all history of this thread.

I’m no expert but - I don’t think so.

It looks to me that the triggers haven’t anything to do with time - but rather position. When the train is in a specific position - regardless of time - the triggers fire - both sets - train perspective and station perspective.

After the triggers fire - the question becomes about speed of light traveling in opposing directions from the perspective of train verses station. And it appears that both cannot be the true case. :-k