friends and foes

Live with that.

Shit.

You could do a couple of names a day. Baby steps. I mean if you do twenty names, it will be mostly blank here.

I’ll work on it. Or I might try and get someone to just do it for me.

I just feel like I’d be better off it I listened less…ya know?

Carleas, if even you are still reading any of this;

I have to ask why that even though you don’t personally exercise biased and bigoted judgment, you hire moderators that do. Your site over the past years has been ruined by these mods lacking any sense of balance judgment and thus abuse their authority. The few mods that don’t cannot make up for even one of the now several biased and bigoted mods. This site now only appeals to trolls and bigots who know nothing nor want to know anything about philosophy. They just want to exercise their particular brand of hatred, mods included.

Why do you want that?

Just out of curiosity, James, if you were a mod, which posters here would get a warning and which ones would you just outright ban?

I would discuss before I presumed, just like I told you in your rant against me (ie the “Mormon family”).
After such discussion, not many would get banned or even warned, not even you.

Thanks. That’s good to hear.

But with respect to the Mormon couple, you seemed to be suggesting that you helped to keep them together by introducing them to the tenets of RM. All I wanted to know is how that actually unfolded in terms of the particular conflicts they had and how RM enabled them to bridge them.

On the other hand, I was not able to keep my own friend together with his fiancé by noting how their own entangled dispute [regarding abortion] was rooted in conflicting goods. But then I explained why this is often the reaction other folks have to it as well. This being because most folks insist on seeing the world [and their behaviors in it] as either in accordance with morality or immorality.

In this respect they are objectivists and I am not. However, I don’t even construe my own argument here as anything other then in accordance with the manner in which Richard Rorty proposed ironism.

So, let’s go back here… viewtopic.php?f=6&t=184955&start=375
…and pursue it further. Or start a new thread. Less all the personal pokes.

All I’m trying to do [polemics aside] is understand RM as it reflects on the lives we live. In particular when they come into conflict.

Out of curiousity, did you receive official warnings for your off-topic and ad hom attacks upon me?

Come on, James, be serious. As though anything I might have booted your way was not more than matched by the stuff you booted my way.

In fact, I challenge anyone to read the thread and demonstrate otherwise.

Me, I’m a polemist in exchanges like this [in exchanges with objectivists]. I just enjoy jousting with words. It is never, ever personal with me. Or [I would imagine] for any ironist.

In my opinion, it is you who seem far more afflicted with “the psychology of objectivism”. This: viewtopic.php?f=15&t=185296

YOU brought me into it. I had said nothing at all about you, even indirectly.
You not only mentioned me, but lied in the process.
I didn’t request any kind of adjudication on the issue.
I merely pointed out that you lied, which you did and about me personally.

Here is the thread in question. This is the page I injected myself into the discussion. I can only leave it to others to decide for themselves who is lying about what…and who is aiming spitballs at the other. Maybe too close to call at times, sure. But not even close to being Good vs. Evil. #-o

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=184955&start=75

What if no one even looks or cares?

Or, sure, they can always go back to your threads. :wink:

I don’t have that many threads. I’m more of a responder than an initial rambler.

Actually, I was going to say, “or, sure, they can always go back to your posts”, but I decided to take pity on you. :wink:

That wasn’t the discussion.
That one is in the rant section (for a reason). And a reason associated with You ranting about Me.

Then note the discussion – the one in which I am ranting at you but you are not ranting at me.

Iam JSS, I think you have strayed far from the topic - please resolve your issue via PM or another thread…