Philosophical quotes that inspire...

“I want to live” susan sontag

When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be.
–Lao Tzu

Hot Damn! :laughing:

I love that

:laughing: What he said or what I responded?

That is soooooooo true though - the things which I read that give me the shivers are the things which I need to hear, which are truth (for me).

you figure it out arc…duh

Is duh an acronym for something? :laughing:

Thank you. I will and I love that.
And what you just said - might come just a wee bit closer to a god that I might believe in if I wasn’t agnostic…“you figure it out”. Now that would be a god who actually values what it is which was created, in my book.

arc–I think we are closer than you think…which is nice

Oh, I know that we are little reptile. I just stop “before” belief.

arc please look at the father god post…you can make up something you believe in and call it a god…most people will not accept this but who gives a ------

“The struggle itself towards the heights is enough to fill a man’s heart. One must imagine Sisyphus happy.”

Albert Camus.

“Camus can do but Sartre is smartre.”

Homer Simpson.

See. You can give good posts. See my poem on Sisyphus. I had not read Camus when I wrote it.

viewtopic.php?style=9&f=2&t=184248

I din’t do anything - Bill clinton.

I did , what all I could do - G.W. BUSH

We can do . together … YES WE CAN - OBAMA

WHAT TO DO ? - Next president

Nothing is left to do ! - Future president

There came a time when the risk to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
~Anaïs Nin

Not until we are lost do we begin to understand ourselves. ~Henry David Thoreau

Men go abroad to wonder at the heights of mountains, at the huge waves of the sea, at the long courses of the rivers, at the vast compass of the ocean, at the circular motions of the stars, and they pass by themselves without wondering.
~St. Augustine

does the word men include women

I’m not sure, little reptile. He might have been a bit patriarchal or simply focused on his own past.
BUT, men does include all of humanity in my book.

In the life, there are no solutions. There are forces in motion. Those must be created, and the solutions follow.

[i]Dans la vie, il n’y a pas de solutions. Il’y a des forces en marche. I faut les créer, et les solutions suivent.

• Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, “Vol de Nuit”[/i]

“Of course I’ll hurt you. Of course you’ll hurt me. Of course we will hurt each other. But this is the very condition of existence. To become spring, means accepting the risk of winter. To become presence, means accepting the risk of absence.”
― Antoine de Saint-Exupéry, Manon, Ballerina

Truth

Well, it is a bit hard singling out a good philosophical quote that will inspire, so instead I will include a link to an eBook with many such quotes @ bookbooster.com/newage.htm

But being creative and spontaneous maybe I will just type something inspirational here right now. “Never let your fear decide your fate…” This bears direct relevance to me because since December 2013, after an accidental mega overdose after fourteen days of no sleep (one does not think straight after that many days with no rest that they will try anything to go to sleep), and having survived a near death incident as a result, I was diagnosed with anxiety/panic attack disorder as a result of the side effect of what I swallowed. This has seemingly impeded my work path and career but I persevered. I continue to work in high pressure situations and by some miracle that I cannot explain I have not failed in any of my duties as of yet the last 10 months I have been at the job. I cannot let the sheer extreme fear and terror of a panic attack (which lasts for three hours) get to me and I am still hopeful that with time my thyroid gland will revert back to normal and anxiety + panic attacks will become something of the past. Having anxiety happen at random intervals is rather disturbing but the minute I let my fear of a relapse take control of my life then that is the day I might as well call it game over, finito, fim, the end! So I persevere with the occasional erratic ludicrous thoughts and try my best not to take centre stage in things because fame in itself triggers my anxiety (which by the way is almost crippling).

So, having said all that, here are some quotes typed at the spur of the moment:
“Treasure routines because one day you may find out that you have none.”
“Don’t be a show off because undesired attention could be unpleasant.”
“Never give up on attaining your uttermost passion for a man/woman without values is worse off than a criminal with passion.”
“Cherish friendships of old because as time passes encapsulating moments long gone are luxuries few attain.”
“Love with purpose, love with passion, love with reason, and if it fits an idealised notion than thou are blessed indeed.”

I could go on forever typing quotes…