Absolute Randomness

…it’s ten pin bowling to you Yanks :wink: you know that game?

A lot of great movies made about that game. The Big Lebowski, Kingpin, and at least one more I can’t think of.

I watched Hesher tonight.

That is all.

Shall I hide my grief for you in everyday actions, or would you want me to express how much I miss you…

When I was a kid I heard the expression, “he puts his pants on one leg at a time just like everyone else”.

I knew at a very early age that I didn’t wanna be like everyone else.

So all my life when I go to put on my pants, I sit down and put both legs in at the same time.

Should I buy gold and bury it someplace in case the whole world collapses or something?

I bought the gold. But then I sold it. The price went up. It’s back down. I’m gonna but it again.

Shut up, Smears! :smiley:

As much as I like to please everyone, I fear that shutting up isn’t one of my strong suits.

JESUS CHRIST I’M ON THE PHONE!!

Jesus isn’t real.

Your face isn’t real.

Neither is my face.

All human beings are intrinsically random and pretty much driven mad by it too, Including your mum.

And yes I know your mum joke you’re bored or is that board of them, but think about it really carefully because after all I am much smarter and much madder than you, and the truth if we ever hope to discover it will come from hel. :-"

All joking aside Merry Christmas ya ruddy nutters, I hope your having half as much fun as I am, and or at least you are drunk by now, if not working on it. Because I am and I don’t intend to stop until I go mad. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Ok that was the last joke but your mum.

Sorry I’ll get me coat. :wink:

youtube.com/watch?v=c3OM2MA1pic

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KF8U_v6S120[/youtube]

You might want to watch this it will make more sense, I know you don’t watch youtube videos because the inebriati are watching your mum. But for gods sake take the tin foil hat off for once. :smiley:

More random ponderings later when I have done your mum.

What’s a wonder wall anyway?

Tell me I am not random. :wink:

ok that was the last joke I promise.

Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?

Ok penultimate joke.

Your mum.

The joker?

I am not Napoleon!

Adaaam Weeeest!!

Wait till the get a load of Adaam Weeest!

Yes that was clever. No you don’t have to read it or even acknowledge it, I am quite mad.

I trust you now get the point?

if not that’s Numberwang!

Rotate the board.

That’s wangernumb Julie to place first Kenneth?

that’s the nuberwang bonus!!!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r6NY4Kl8Ms[/youtube]

If only people would watch the links it would be much easier for Bertrand Russel.

And if you are wondering if I am mad, yes I am are you mad yet?

I have only one thing to declare “it is numberwang!”

See also youtube.com/watch?v=eP9YeDGAu7U

Random it is. If you think that’s weird you should try living in my head. why do they come to me to die?

Ok last joke of the evening.

And if you are in any doubt see here:

youtube.com/watch?v=IIW9sL-Yf6Q

And to round off the madness:

youtube.com/watch?v=cEX3c7mxu0s, the rabbit has gone down the hole.

:-" O:) =; :-& :-$ :bannanadance: :popcorn:

It’s one thing to give voice to the teachings of past philosophers, and another to hear them yourself. I was going over Aristotle’s ethics some time ago and giving them the usual spiel about how ‘happiness’ is a quality of an entire life and that we should read Aristotle as giving us his take–which he thinks is correct for all–on the ingredients for a well-lived-life-stew. I told them that they could disagree about specific ingredients, but that they should appreciate the holistic perspective of life; that they should look at their life as an entire unit, and come up with their own recipe for a tasty stew; that they themselves had to find it tasty.

But I had never personally put on Aristotle’s spectacles. Never actually saw my life as such, never wondered what ingredients, spicy or sweet, tragic or pleasant, would give my overall life the character of “a good life,” by my own standard. Problem is without seriously abstracting from the moment and having an image of your entire life as a unit in your mind, you have no standard.

Then I stepped on a rusty nail, and that fucker went in deep in my heel. I’m talking about an inch or so. For whatever irrational reason, I kept thinking that I had been infected with something deadly. I didn’t have insurance at the time, and I didn’t take the thought that I was going to die seriously enough to go to the doctor, but the thought lingered and it triggered some other thoughts.

It specifically triggered that Aristotelian view of a whole life, and I took it somewhat seriously. This was nothing voluntary. I wasn’t forcing myself to have these thoughts anymore than I force myself to have a song stuck in my head. But I had a dream that night that my casket was being lowered into my grave. And in my dream I was looking around at who was there, who wasn’t, who seemed like they wanted to be there and who was there out of mere social obligation. And this didn’t really matter. Whether I was loved or not, whether I’d be missed or not didn’t matter. I mean, I cared that my immediate family would be hurt over my death, but I didn’t find my own life more valuable because they’d be hurt. I could even say that I wouldn’t have cared if no one was there, but then again it’s possible I say that because I’m loved and have always been loved, and consequently can’t imagine nor appreciate what it’d be like to not be loved. Moving on.

What mattered was this other thought. This question: what would I have liked to have done to make me right now satisfied with the thought of being lowered into my grave? And I had an answer, well, two to be precise. One, sons. I want sons. Healthy, intelligent, good looking and philosophically inclined sons. Two, to have written a book or two. It wouldn’t have mattered that they were well-received, that they were popular; just that I had written them and I was happy having written them.

I thought that was enough, and I still think that’s enough, but then I woke up and ever since have been wondering if that should be what determines what I do with my life; whether I should direct my efforts towards making myself satisfied with the thought of dying. Maybe it’s best to put dying out of mind, and not live hoping the stew you’ve spent your entire life preparing tastes good to that old man on his deathbed.

youtube.com/watch?v=9rIy0xY99a0

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sMb00lz-IfE[/youtube]

…boing…

Pics or it didn’t happen