The Drone Army

Debate

Challenge

Is it OK for non-participants to discuss the issue here, in parallel to the debate?

I for one would appreciate it if you’d hold off for a few days till the debate’s over.

Moreno,

There is a very good chance I’m going to whip his ass on this one. I’d appreciate everyone waiting till he concedes my victory… Thanks.

lol. I can’t debate if Tentative’s lost his marbles, which he obviously has… :astonished:

Bring it on big boy… Better stock up on plasters… :evilfun:

Sure thing.

Okay, with three from me, and three from Tents, it is all over. Quickest debate in history.

Let’s vote. I vote me. Hah.

No damn, I don’t count. But you do. The debate link’s at the top of the page ^^^^^ :exclamation:

[size=200]Say who, say why. Ready steady go.[/size]

Bah-bah-bah-bump.

Tab, the amount of read-discuss here is going to be slim or none. The only way we can get discussion is to start a thread in one of the other forums. I’d suggest rant because that seems to be the forum with most/more “opinions”. It’s up to you, but if we came up with a catchy subject line, and then pasted our opening statements as the OP, we’d see some action…

Wha- my expectations of the ILP cadre too high…? Say it ain’t so, why I remember when people would queue up for the chance to come over all judgemental.

Pff. The yoof of today. #-o

Anyway, do what you feel is right my friend, I lay it in your lap. Turkey’s a wee-bit busy at the moment.

On a completely unrelated, and slightly bourgeois note - the Tab family are all aglow tonight as we just won a prize for our beautiful garden in the city’s erm “beautiful garden competition”. Dinner for two at a swish restaurant and a half-tonne of ornamental pebbles to re-floor our rockery. Ain’t life grand.

Yay us.

OK I’ll start a thread in Sociology using our opening statements and a link to the complete debate. Then we’ll see…

On the un-related note: Godammit! I spent 5 years landscaping my whole place and all I got was a certificate of appreciation from the local garden club. Nothing to eat and no bling for the garden. There’s no justice in the world. :cry:

Ok look I read it all and its a tie. I am almost a Gobbo on this one though. Our generations are killing on games, there is no ethics or morality when you are trained from childhood to be detached from feelings as you kill what is on a screen. You sleep at night. The media fits right in with games of war. Sumthin ain’t quite right. Its a tie until you figure out how to put ethics and morality on a screen.

Tab please stop barrageing the discussing with complete irrelevant walls of txt, and following irrelevant posts.

1. on mental state side, you will not have war attrocities such as rape, plunder and random killing of civilians, the war becomes a tad more clean.

2. the collateral damage is often huge, but compared to past military behaviour, it seems the lesser evil.

3. if the drone is lost, the tax money are not strained unlike a soldier who might need heavily medical attention with artificial limps, surgery and rehabilitation training. Or expensive hardware like tanks or jets which easily costs 40+++ mill $$$$$$ for the low budget versions and in the billions for the expensive.

• it’s unknown to me if there are more parameters in the equation.

:smiley: I’m guessing that’s a vote for Mr. T. Thanks for your time Drusuz.