Philosophical Jokes

The egg came first. No one ever said anything about a chicken egg, and fossil records show that fish was there before the chicken, laying eggs zing

The lay came before the egg.

Most of the eggs we eat everyday have not involved any sex.

Some eggs come to be without any laying.
For early animals it was that boring!

Actually, I think you answered that quite logically, even including the fact that the chicken was not the first to ever have been hatched from an egg. Which raises the question: what was the first hatchling to ever come about? A dinosaur? Did snakes come before the dinosaur? :laughing:

Nah snakes were later, it was lizards at first, terrible/powerful lizards/reptiles literally the meaning of dino saur, and then they lost their legs some claim it was due to the act of the serpent in Eden, others claim it was due to legs being unfavourable in the environment a lizard existed, because of many various reasons, much of which are to do with being preyed upon amongst other issues such as preying upon others. :slight_smile:

Snakes were late Cretaceous I think.
But there were amphibians long before Dinosaurs, and Fish long before them. But you have to go back much further to get back to early eggs: Arthropoda, annelidsā€¦ way way way back (screen goes fuzzy ala Waynes World didl a didy la diddy laā€¦

Overheard on the Underground:
ā€œKnock, knock.ā€
ā€œWhoā€™s there?ā€
ā€œWhat do the following have in common:
A: The studio in The Truman Show
B: The Great Wall of China
C: The Red Line in Syria.ā€

ā€œWhat do the following have in common:
A: The studio in The Truman Show
B: The Great Wall of China
C: The Red Line in Syria, who?ā€

ā€œItā€™s not a knock knock joke. Itā€™s a question: What do they have in common?ā€

ā€œNo idea.ā€

ā€œYou can see them from the Moon.ā€

ā€œDonā€™t get it. Anyway, apparently, you canā€™t even see the great wall of China from the Moon. And The Truman Show isnā€™t even real. And I donā€™t get the bit about the red line.ā€

ā€œItā€™s wide.ā€

ā€œStill donā€™t get it. Not funny. Donā€™t know why you said, ā€˜knock, knockā€™.ā€

ā€œIt was a philosophical joke.ā€

Higgs Boson goes into a church,m and is confronted by the priest.

ā€œWe donā€™t want your sort in here, youā€™ll upset the whole congregation.ā€

ā€œButā€, answer Higgs Boson, ā€œyou canā€™t have Mass without me!ā€

Why did Lt. Uhuru smell so bad?

Because WIlliam Shat-n-her.

Definition of a extroverted computer nerd: he looks a the girls shoes when heā€™s going out with her.

ā€˜ā€™ā€™

How many theoretical physicists does it take th change a light-bulb?

Two: one to hold the light bulb and the other to rotate the universe.

How many Freudians does it take to change a light bulb?

Two, one to hold the light bulb and the other to hold my peniā€¦ sorry hold the ladder.

No, I think that the cat is saying ā€œMy God, youā€™re nakedā€. Thatā€™s more the look on his face. :laughing:

A scientist and a philosopher were being chased by a hungry lion. The scientist made some quick calculations, he said ā€œits no good trying to outrun it, its catching upā€. The philosopher kept a little ahead and replied " I am not trying to outrun the lion, I am trying to out run you"!

:laughing: :laughing: Es verdadā€¦

Itā€™s not very funny butā€¦

I was trying to remember a joke so I typed this in to Google:

[size=120]what happens when you put a black hole in a wheelie bin?[/size]

THis is what I gotā€¦

stoke.gov.uk/ccm/navigation/ ā€¦ recycling/

I did not see ā€œblack holeā€ listed there!

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Well I thought it was funny at the time.

You need to come up with something - even your own punch line. I bet you can make it funny or witty or philosophical. You have a scientific mind so you could do it.

Does the opposite apply

[i]Wheelie Bins and Black HolesPost 3
Steady-State Richard

Posted Aug 21, 2001

On no account should you try to fill black holes with rubbish,
or any other matter.

They simply grow bigger and more dangerous.[/i]
:-k

Its not a joke its situational comedy: you have to be there.

:laughing: funny stuff so far :smiley:

[size=150]So true, huh[/size] :confusion-shrug:

image.jpg

This isnā€™t a one liner, or even a joke, and certainly not funny, but I thought it belongs here:

Just off the presses: two philosophers got into a heated argument today, while discussing Kant in a Moscow suburb, and while the dialogue got heated, one of the participants whipped out a gun and shot the other philosopher. He is in critical condition.

That most certainly is funny! ā€œOh yeah? Suck on this categorical imperative, bitch!ā€

Meet you in the alley, after class, oh, I forgot, you don't have any!