Shakespeare digression

I love your sarcastometer, may I borrow it? I am intrigued by these PMs, what are they about?

PM means private message. That’s all.
Access messages from 'user control panel" above.

Yes I am aware that PM is a direct message sent from one user to another. What I am intrigued is how Jesus is sending messages and the context of the messages. I am assuming here that Jesus refers to Jesus of Nazareth.

Jesus refers to Hobbes Choice

:slight_smile: * giggle*

Nothing important. I wouldn’t trouble yourself. :slight_smile:

And it’s not my meme, you of course are welcome to it. :slight_smile:

What are you talking about?

Although a certain amount of tangential discourse and banter is allowed in MB, the same ILP rules apply here as they do on the formal boards… you have all been warned.

There are few persons from the Elizabethan era that we know so much about as Shakespeare, and for sure WS has more written about him, and there is more of a paper trail of Ws that any other literary figure of his time.
There is no positive evidence for the attribution of any of his works for another author.

Was this also a forgery?

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-22661992

What if Shakespeare used ghost writers? It is quite possible. If demands on his time increased , his time to write decreased, but, demands for his work either remained or increased. Its his work he just subbed it out. Maybe?

Maybe he was a slave driver who had lots working doing the job for him, paid them nothing and then he took all the glory.

Either is possible :slight_smile:

I think the whole Shakespeare didn’t write 'em controversy began when some scholars noted that the plays contained a humungus vocabulary, not the typical word choices available to commoners.
bardweb.net/language.html

Yes, but of course the prejudiced and rather classist assumption from the early Victorian period was unjustified.
The Elizabethan period was a period of cultural growth and population decline. Wealth from the New world was creating more opportunities and a growing middle class was enjoying access to books that their ‘high born’ contemporaries had less interest in.
WS was part of a new literati benefiting from the abundance of books, and in a profession that was roundly scorned by the “high born”, as entertainers.

I for one am glad you men do not dress like that anymore. :slight_smile:
Wether he did it all or not, the work stands on it’s own.

According to Wiki answers, the average university professor has command of about 15,000+ words, whereas Shakespeare had command of about 60,000 words.

Do you prefer today’s fashion with men having baggy trousers which give the impression they were falling down? :slight_smile:

“Forever in bluejeans.”

Jabs I am not even a cougar, That fashion is a bit young for my tastes. Although it is more seemly than the 70s spandex fad :slight_smile: