Philosophical quotes that inspire...

I do this one often, but others don’t take kindly to it none… 8-[

Very apt. for all those discussions on truth…

I’ve been saying this since I was a younger, but replace soul with ego for my version…

Write down the thoughts of the moment. Those that come unsought for are commonly the most valuable.
Francis Bacon
shivers…

“My style is impetuous, my defense is impregnable, and I am ferocious. I want his heart. I want to eat his children.”

----Mike Tyson, before fighting Evander Hollifield, I think

[size=85]so that’s the way you flow? :stuck_out_tongue:
Muhammed Ali to me is a true hero.[/size]

If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it - then I can achieve it.”
― Muhammad Ali
The Soul of a Butterfly: Reflections on Life’s Journey
:happy-cheerleadersmileygirl:

Lao Tsu

Confucius

“Forgive them Father, for they know not what they do” - Jesus of Nazareth

“What is good? Everything that heightens the feeling of power in man…the will to power, power itself. What is bad? Everything that is born of sickness.”
-Nietzsche

“Don’t fear god,
Don’t worry about death;
What is good is easy to get, and
What is terrible is easy to endure.”

-Epicurus

:laughing: That’s actually quite profound when you think of it. I like that one.

riv-----where the hell are you coming from

“On this perfect day, when everything is ripening and not only the grape turns brown, the eye of the sun just fell upon my life: I looked back, I looked forward, and never saw so many and such good things at once. It was not for nothing that I buried my forty-fourth year today; I had the right to bury it; whatever was life in it has been saved, is immortal. The first book of the Revaluation of All Values, the Songs of Zarathustra, the Twilight of the Idols, my attempt to philosophize with a hammer—all presents of this year, indeed of its last quarter! How could I fail to be grateful to my whole life?—and so I tell my life to myself.”

-Nietzsche