Shakespeare digression

You take it wrong.
This is a mutli-tentacled conspiracy theory designed to discredit the lower orders, by suggestion only an aristocrat can be a genius.

Shakespeare was to the Elizabethan theatre what Richard Feynman was to 20thC science.

Shakespeare was not merely a genius. And yes, I think he can only have been an aristocrat.

Macbeth, Act 4, Scene 1.

Finger of birth-strangled babe
Ditch-delivered by a drab,
Make the gruel thick and slab.

This is a rhyme that only works in the North Warwickshire dialect, proving that Shakespeare was from the area, and also that he was not upper class. It’s not the only example either, just one of the most famous.

Does “proof” like this take into account that the rhyme in question is spoken by a witch?

It’s a rhyme that was written by Shakespeare, in his native North Warwickshire dialect.

Not necessarily. It may have been written by someone else—a native of North Warwickshire or not—who made a witch character in his play speak in the North Warwickshire dialect…

Why would he do that, since the witches are meant to be Scottish?

Nowhere in Shakespeare is there any attempt to have characters speak in “dialect”.

Then you think wrong.

No aristocrats would find using any regional accent acceptable.
In any event for what reason would they put that accent into the mouth of witch from Scotland?
Shakespeare did it because he was using his natural pronunciation.

You may not realise this, but Scottish people also pronounce ‘babe’ ‘bahb’ (to rhyme with ‘slab’).

The line appears to be an example of poor writing rather than evidence of a North Warwickshire origin.

It is the only line that isn’t part of a rhyming couplet. So much for ‘genius’…

Are you saying this one line is the only example of dialect being used in Shakespeare? If so, that suggests it is an anomaly rather than a willful attempt to represent the accent he was familiar with…

Oh really? Care to substantiate this incredibly sweeping and naive claim?

The Illuminati most certainly did exist, and were a secret society (or rather, a secret society within a secret society). Curiously, that’s the second time on this thread someone has mentioned them solely for the purpose of trying to dismiss all or most ‘conspiracy theories’. Almost as though you’d been programmed to have that response. I can’t think how that has happened…

The illuminati exist. ROFL.
When you are on the ropes, it’s not wise to offer more things that undermine your position.

Maybe you’d like to substantiate your sweeping and naive claim, but just like the supposedly contemporary, handwritten copies of Shakespeare’s plays I won’t be holding my breath…

Except the many specific claims you have made about evidence that doesn’t exist.

I’ve already told you, I think Marlowe was integrally involved in writing the plays. I favour the interpretation that this was predictive programming for the monarchial succession. The fact that after the monarchial succession the company that built the Globe was renamed after the newly-imposed king that the plays had helped to pre-condition people to accept, and that company had a monopoly on the Shakespeare works, explains perfectly how they managed to maintain this deception.

Try again, I said they did exist, i.e. in the past. Clearly you’ve not been able to wash all the American out of you.

Since you are clearly not satisfied with arguing in a decent and polite matter, I have to say I don’t give a rat’s arse what you “think”, or believe.
Until you can account for why this conspiracy remained a secret for over 200 years; and offer some evidence, then I think the conversation is over. Until then quit with the snide racist remarks, and other insults.
It just makes you appear stupid, insecure and lacking in the skills of argumentation.

Since you are clearly not satisfied with distinguishing between ‘Shakespeare didn’t write the plays’ and ‘there has never been a person called Shakespeare’ or, even simpler, ‘something existed in the past’ and ‘something exists in the present’, this conversation is impossible.

Gee It’s like you can’t read.

And yet clearly I can read. I can see how that must be confusing for you, what with having to contend with being American and everything.

Please refer to the posts I made some moments ago.

Please present some evidence for your numerous incorrect claims of fact.

Please continue without getting personal guys… thanks.