Abstract

The sadness is now ours. Abstract is beyond it. A beautiful soul, now reaching beyond what we know. May the God of love comfort family and friends.

Yes yes! The death of my son destroyed my family. It was a very hard hitter. And I saw the same loss destroy my uncle’s family. The loss of a child is a parents worst nightmare.

All prayers and good thoughts to his family. Hang in their. Much love and compassion your way.

I’m so sorry to hear this. I confess I don’t know what to say. My thoughts are with his parents, his sister… anyone who was close to him.

I was corresponding with him quite often for the past few months except this last one as my computer needed to be fixed, I wish I Had been able to speak with him and find out what in particular was troubling him.

Never Recalled him speaking of Suicide, we talked Politics, Philosophy, Theology etc.

Played Games chatted during then.

He was an interesting Character, from how he spoke often and especially in the last thread he made I think the frustration he was having was a result of an excessive amount of Empathy and his apparent inability to come to terms with other peoples Apathy.

How old was Abstract? Does anyone know more about him, was he living at home, going to school?
This really resonates because my son took his life a year ago, and there was no inkling. I too feel overburdened by the thought that I could have said X number of things to connect. My son was 33.

As I understand he was 25 yrs old. See my tagline …

He lived with his Father.
Apparently he did some work for Missile defence programs or something like that.

Man the whole city of Huntsville is into missiles and rockets and all that stuff. Extremely high concentration of engineering types. He really shoulda come to Birmingham. There are a lot more philosopher types here, and a lot more crime. I can’t tell you how many people I know have done things similar to what he described himself doing while out in the road and for the most part you just stuff em in the car and take em home. It’s crazy. When I was 14 I got my hands and feet zip tied together and I was thrown in a van and taken to a facility for people on drugs, even though I’d never done any drugs. It’s a weird place to be when you’re under the mental microscope.

Either way, a terrible tragedy. I mean there’s always some pleasure to be had no matter where you are in life. Sometimes you just gotta suspend all philosophical discourse in your mind and sink into the superficiality of life. It can be looked down on at times, but it’s a useful tool when the world gets to be too real.

There’s nothing I can add here, R.I.P. Abstract.

He was brave enough to place the bet… R.I.P

How’d you find out he committed suicide?

His sister signed on as Abstract and told us , and Administration was told also.

Only sane mod I ever met, I liked him, I am genuinely upset he is gone. People who you remember and genuinely get on with are hard to forget. Tragic: thoughts to family and friends. Kinda been messing around on other threads, talking shit, you know the usual, didn’t want to come to this one 'til I had thought about what I wanted to say: sure he was just an acquaintance, sure I never really knew him, but the fact I will miss him nonetheless, speaks volumes: a unique honest and clever man. A rare soul in the world.

I don’t know Abstract at all … don’t even think I ever had a dialogue with him … maybe … but don’t think so.

But I read the threads where he express his struggles with his demons (as an expression, not literally.)

And reading just those threads was all it took for Abstract to move and grab my heart. As a result, as crazy as it sounds, I’ve been having dreams were a shapeless Abstract is a presence … and a force behind the scenes.

Does the dead come to us? Yes! The dead visit us in our dreams. My dad and my son visited me the other night. It was so nice to see them again. I woke up happy and in a good mood. Hope they visit again real soon. The welcome mat is always out for them.

R.I.P. Abstract … and visit your loved ones …

That’s odd but somehow interesting.

I don’t sugar coat my words with people, and I certainly don’t feel the need to do so, but I did genuinely like Abstract he had a way about him that both put you at ease, and made you think. I spoke to him both on threads and in PM. The only mod I ever thanked for banning me, 'cause sometimes like him I do go off the rails and lie down in the street, all be it figuratively in my case. That may be because I am slightly crazy to, but as I said to him in my last post, all the best people are. I just found it sad that he was gone. I had a friend who was Schizophrenic who eventually learnt to deal with it, perhaps that is why it resonates with me?

Born and raised in the wrong place at the wrong time, ever feeling the lack of compassion and understanding so sorely and truly needed.

:0(

I did not know Abstract as I am new to this Forum.
I hope there is no one here who has taken cause to wonder if something they said might have upset him.

The world of Forum posting can be very aggressive and upsetting. I have to say that I’m a refugee from one or two Forums that seem to have no limits to the evil that people will do another. I’ve always liked to think that I can give as good as I get, but have always tried to start by giving the benefit of the doubt by never making that first strike, with the vitriolic attacks.

But, so far so good. I find the debate here rather good natured, with a little sarcasm, and although people seem able to say what they feel without the wizened hand of the moderator scratching their eyes out, it seems the balance is about right.

I’m not under the impression that this forum or anything that happened here had much to do with it.

I can’t help but say how hollow that is. What is the god of which you speak?
If god is all powerful then you have to ask why he allowed Abstract to do what he did. And he will comfort whom he wills, or not as he sees fit.
You might also reflect that in Christianity suicide is a mortal sin, so your co-religionists are now of the opinion that Abstract is gone to Hell, is that how you feel about it?

I did not even mean to imply it.
But you said something about people ‘being real’, and it made me think about what it can be like in the online world.