Philosophical Perversions

Moreno, we need to find a topic we disagree on. I would like to give you a lesson in humility. Or, you know, just have an enlightening discussion.

[size=115]

We don’t need to find a topic we disagree on. I would like to have a lesson in humility. Or just have an enlightening discussion.

What if you started by giving me an example of one of your best or most enlightened posts…

I have been reading your past posts here at I Love Philosophy and I don’t want to seem rude but…

Ah, forget it. Just show me one of your most enlightening posts.

By the way, I really respect you.[/size]

I thank you ahead of time.

Stop fucking wallpapering this site with garbage. There’s your first lesson.

[size=112]I wouldn’t go so far as to say he/she is wallpapering this site with garbage…I’m just curious as to see what exactly he/she sees as enlightening…[/size]

Haha, wow. I’m talking to you, Bill. You’ve wallpapered this site with a bunch of pointless garbage - not all of your posts, but a vast majority. It’s annoying. Please stop.

Statik, please mind your manners.

Bill, please stop wallpapering this site with garbage.

This shit cracks me up.

It is laughable and pathetic at the same time. Any philosophical discussion here is purely coincedental. Not that a few haven’t tried, but … I love philosophy? Nope. I love BULLSHIT! Sixteen frigging pages of it. :unamused:

Tentative… calling anyone or anything simplistic laughable and pathetic is simplistic laughable and pathetic in itself. :banana-dance:

[size=112]Thank you.

Well stated.[/size]

That’s a philosophical perversion, innit?

Yep, check the OP. It’s one of the examples given.

I think one of the biggest philosophical perversions is religion in general.
Religion is, however, in my opinion, and in many ways it seems, a distorted existentialism. The distortion exists in the extremity of values and egos or creatures. For example, the YHWH from the old testimate was so egotistical he could curse someone merely for doubting his words. That is one inflated ego. Other “gods” were cocky and mundane aswel. And things like self control were extreme and set into self denial even in places like early india. Religion is like old distorted goodness and truth. But it’s so warped that it becomes bad, or partially bad.

Of course! No one is above the pile of…, but it doesn’t change bullshit into a basket of roses, does it? :stuck_out_tongue:

The only “bullshit” here is your criticism of the thread as a whole.

[size=50]…[/size]

[size=114]I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing.

arrogance in humbleness

Now, now… [-X I said that some people made an effort. I don’t recall whether I included you in that list… :-k

As long as you didn’t include yourself, or ol’Bill W, and I’m fine… anyone else you claim didn’t make an effort, then I have an issue.

:imp:

That being said, I can honestly assert that I have many philosophical perversion droppings.