Suggest and rate movies

Yeah, you’re right.

That’s a good philosophy to live life by.

OK so big developments.

I’m 4 episodes into Twin Peaks, and I cannot say for sure yet, but this might be the best show I’ve ever watched. If you don’t like Lynch, though… then it might seem like pure nonsense. I don’t know how he does what he does, but it has to do with meditation and stuff.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAYL5H46QnQ[/youtube]

[tab][youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLd9MZYQwy0[/youtube]
also this, because it’s hilarious[/tab]

Gobbo i aint gonna try & sell u a film you don’t like, but i wouldnt jump to presume those who like it are american - I’m not & am politically anti-american but i think ‘good trash’ just means its a comparatively good action film…
lets face it movies are not as good as they used to be and this one stands out as an ‘@ss-kicking’ film because of Neeson’s performance and what is a rather original script given the type of actions released in recent years

Finally got around to watching Snatch. Twas pretty good - basically it’s Lock Stock but with Brad Pitt playing a gypsy.

The thing is, no one actually talks like that, and the whole cockney gangster-geeza thing has been so overdone I didn’t enjoy it as much as I might. Very funny in places, but like most gangster films is basically a glorification of psychopaths. Gladly, in this one most of the proper psychos get killed. Which is nice.

Other recent watches include Wild Things: Diamonds in the Rough (the third in the series). Not as bad as the second, not as good as the original. Very cheap, but it’s the sort of movie you can make well without spending a lot of money.

Also watched The Road, which is bleak as all hell. Very beautiful, in a stark and bloodless way. Bit cliche, particularly the dead wife (this isn’t the X-Factor auditions - why does this poor bastard have a dead wife, isn’t there enough jeopardy in surviving the apocalypse only to die slowly of lung cancer and have to look after a starving child?) but overall quite strong stuff. Do not make my mistake and watch it while drinking gin, it will make you want to kill yourself.

Yeah you have to consider a north American watching it. I hadn’t ever see a British gangster. Or lock stock.

Sure, coming from where you’re from I can see the silly accents and dialogue being very funny. Lock Stock is worth a go, pretty much the same film but without the gypsies.

Snatch did inspire this bit of youtubing, which I love:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vskHXtPuvBk[/youtube]

I’ve seen some amazing movies lately, as well as two complete turds.
First the turds:
Ted - I watched this even though it looked to be bad from the trailers because a friend described it as a silly and absurd humor like in The Other Guys. He also said it was like early Family Guy. Well, it wasn’t. The attempt at humor is Family Guy-ish, but even if Family Guy were funny, which it isn’t, it does not translate well. Everything from the half-dimensional characters, to the soundtrack, to the simple-minded story is painfully sub-par. I did not laugh once, and if it wasn’t for the fact that the theater was full and I would have had to walk past a lot of people, I would have walked out 30 minutes in. I blame my social anxiety for having to suffer through it.
Savages - Good God, even my 15 year old cousin thought it was corny, and she’s into Beiber.

The amazing movies:
Amelie - Nauseatingly quirky.
The Fall - If you download or buy, make sure it’s in high definition because the visuals will blow you away.
Pan’s Labyrinth - I watched this again, and I can only unimaginatively describe it is as perfect.

Films I have recently watched:

American Reunion - Pretty bad. 5/10
Duo luo tian shi ( Fallen Angels) - Fucking awful, could not watch the whole thing. 3/10
Oslo, 31. august - Norwegian film about a depressed drug addict with suicidal tendencies. Very good but also very minimal. 7/10
Shaun of the Dead - Fucking awful, could not watch the whole thing. 3/10
Annie Hall - One of the funniest films I have seen in a long time. 7/10
Tony Takitani - Really bad. Could not watch the whole thing. 4/10
Lockout - Pretty bad action flick. 5/10
Honk Kong Confidential ( Amaya) - Great Latvian - Hong Kong co-production. Also VERY minimal. Beautiful but it will bore the masses. 7/10

Recently saw “Salmon Fishing In The Yemen” and was thoroughly entertained!! Wasn’t expecting to be but its really funny and quite a touching story i found.

Coriolanus – glad to hear you enjoyed Amelie it really is a gem of a film :slight_smile:

As for entertaining but ultimately meaningless movies, I do like Go. Not very well acted, but very well written, really tight storyline told at a high pace without ever becoming confusing.

I watched Primer. My head is full of wat.

Wait till you see the flowchart for it. lol I’ve seen Primer like 6 times. The only scene I don’t get anymore is right in the middle, and it involves them at the fountain, in the dark, talking about the missing cat. I think it’s a Schrodinger’s paradox thing reworked slightly, or something to be taken entirely metaphorically, because that one scene just doesn’t fit into the movie.

So I started watching ‘Continuum’ - it’s a Canadian show. The entire thing is social conditioning. From the very beginning it’s just… FULL of it. I wondered how a Canadian show got such a nice budget but now I understand. They were given nice funding by the big boys to get this going.

Check it out if you want to see how the future will look like, or thereabouts.

I am giving serious thought to trying to write exactly what ‘they’ want, and like try and get sucked into into the system where I can act as an infiltrator. Continuum took like all my ideas, though. Someone beat me to the punch, lol.

YES. I love Go.

Usually on TV & in films the ‘villainy’ of politics / corporations is represented by an individual, like the CEO or the campaign manager usually.

So although Continuum is ultimately rubbish and only enjoyable if, like me, you love time travel stuff, I still think it’s refreshing to see corporations painted out as ‘the bad guys’ in the name of balance if nothing else.
People will watch the show who aren’t particularly political and stop & compare the stories with news reports over the last 12 months or so and hopefully make some kind of connection so they might perhaps see the direction the world is headed in

A nice healthy dose of ‘anti-propaganda’ lol :slight_smile:
(as i said… in the name of balance)

My god. That show is so so bad. It’s beyond bad.
The acting is absolutely atrocious and the actors have no charisma at all.
I do love Rachel Nicholson, she’s gorgeous but other then that…

The plot had some potential but it needed to be done right.

Negative.

I should do a post on tv/movie social conditioning, and revelation of the method, I keep forgetting this audience has no idea what I’m talking about when I say that.

Yes, you should.

Do you know where I can watch this Continuum show online?

Google ‘watch series’ [any show]