My 1st Hand experience of Psychosis

. I am in. Similar situation except my madness" is a generational one, and it has elements of the Jewish holocaust, never having americanized, lost privilege, all leading to split with what I used to (and still at times see) as a disprrivilaged situation. But depth psychology (jung) has helped, and now the suicide of my son and a posthumous debt to publish him (e publishing) has become a priority. But this new break for me, and I am using this in both the literal and figurative sense, is problematic, since I try not to see this seeming necessity to publish as an ego enhanced , and have nothing really ready, but something may eventually come of it.

Can philosophy transcend the cognitive affective “Break”? Well no not really, not to the extent that philosophy is based upon the situation humans are in… But do we really want to? In any case, people will not be able to overcome cognitive affective influence. Can philosophy help people rise above to a more objective perception? Of course…

Write, and don’t let yourself hinder your words

Quite long, but I just bookmarked it.

So is it bipolar I or II, or schizophrenia?

Read the sample. Were you drawn to Nietzsche before or after psychosis? Needs proof-reading. I do that.

I also went through something similar in 2005. Still have the fraction of it that I managed to write about, but reading it is embarrassing. I was such a deluded idiot long before my thoughts ran out of control. I agree that at the height of the episode(s), only someone totally in synch w the individual will ever bring them back. That isn’t to say that there is no other way back. Just that if they are private with their mental torments, no human can help. Helps to have good reasoning skills prior to the psychosis. Psychosis is one of those things there is just no way to prevent until you actually experience it. You have to know how to anticipate and put a stop to the chain-reaction of a cancerous misconnecting of dots. Like learning anything else–you aren’t born jumping rope, riding a bike, or telling your thoughts where to get off when they have begun running amok. Most people have a problem getting their thoughts going. Psychosis is quite an opposite problem.

But it is true that what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.

I’ve always been curious and need to research what happened to Nietzsche between the time he lost control and his death. Did it make him stronger before he died, or did he never make it back?

I was diagnosed with Bi Polar II, Schizo Affective Disorder and psychosis, with a dual diagnosis.

The term dual diagnosis is used to describe the comorbid condition of a person considered to be suffering from a mental illness and a substance abuse problem. The condition is also called co-occurring disorders (COD).[1] There is considerable debate surrounding the appropriateness of the term being used to describe a heterogeneous group of individuals with complex needs and a varied range of problems. The concept can be used broadly, for example depression and alcoholism, or it can be restricted to specify severe mental illness (e.g. psychosis, schizophrenia) and substance misuse disorder (e.g. cannabis abuse), or a person who has a milder mental illness and a drug dependency, such as panic disorder or generalized anxiety disorder and is dependent on opioids. Dual diagnosis is also a term used for people with an intellectual disability and diagnosed with a mental illness. Making a dual diagnosis in substance abusers is difficult as drug abuse itself often induces psychiatric symptoms, thus making it necessary to differentiate between substance induced and pre-existing mental illness.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dual_diagnosis

I wasn’t necessarily drawn to Nietzsche, but lets say as a whole I was drawn to philosophy after psychosis. I think without a mental illness I might never arrive here, and that sorting out all things psychological, logical, what is real and what wasn’t, was a much needed pursuit after settling down. My curiosity grew naturally. Perhaps without the mental illness I would’ve went this direction anyways, I don’t know. All I do know though is that, I was still a boy (mentally) when this occurred. I know my mind was out of sorts, and this break delayed me considerably in my progress towards a career and the man I was to become. The movie title “Girl, interrupted” comes to mind, but I like to lean towards it being an opportunity, in that it was a period of reconciliation of my mind to its fullest, a purge of all the madness dwelling inside throughout my teenage years and early 20’s. Now that experience I have learned from, greatly. The madness is corralled, in so much as it’s experience is now a tool, which I will use to build upon a foundation of a more accurate perspective or reality that many will go by and not ponder, not consider, and to perceive things to a fuller degree that I could not before.

Reading my own story over is embarrassing also. Nonetheless, it happened and if we can be embarrassed by the madness that was with us before, then that only means we both have taken great strides my friend.

As far as my past intellect, yes I was quicker and brighter than most, until I hit high school, in which I faultered, likely out of depression caused by boredom and other stress factors personally that experienced in my environment as well as naturally, or genetically. I can perceive how I was younger that this type of occurrence happened. My mind was fragile, as a teen and pre-teen, more so than most. Couple that with what probably was a little more stress at home life and personal relationships and my perspective of my self through social pressures that were probably a little higher than average, my collapse could be foreseen, (of course in hindsight, haha). That’s probably a little difficult to grasp, what I wrote there, but I’ll leave it.

My first hand experience with psychosis was from a spank from the doctor when I was first born.
That guy had issues.
But I really haven’t seen anything different since.

Man. Tough life, eh James? There’s a story there.

I tried to access the link, but I am not allowed. I am Bipolar-I, had only one episode of full-blown mania. Extreme hallucinations due to anxiety, but no psychosis.

Which link did you try?

Good luck.

take speed (amphetamine) for 2, or so, weeks, non-stop. one and a half to two ounces should do.
that shit helps me experience psychosis…
things get really weird when you go that long without sleep… trippy.
nasty drug mind. im not advocating its use… weed, however, is awesome. weed helps you think…i have some pretty good ideas when im stoned… might not help everyone, in that respect, but it works for me…

This one

scribd.com/doc/25936105/Memo … ess-Part-1

It does not work because the owner set up the document to private

Hey! I have something similar going on, except I am dab in the middle of it. I have indicated some of the parameters a little earlier in this forum, but it’s happening right now. I hope I can gain a handle on it, but it’s a formidable one. Funny the blog preceeding mine should come up again, it was previously posted.

Paperback will be available soon! I have a facebook page set up, please visit if you’d like!

facebook.com/MemoirsOfMadne … ark_t=page

I’ll look at the local book stores for a copy. If I can’t find it there, I’ll order from Amazon.

Who hoo! The paperback is finally done!

If you would like to order the paperback, it is now available.

createspace.com/4366879

It will be coming to bookstores, at least as an order request in about 2 months. Amazon, about a week.

Available at Amazon at amazon.com/Memoirs-Madness-M … +markowski

This looks like an excellent thread so I will read it when I have more time