Vote on Democracy Vs. Dictators

Well, it’s been 9 days, so I, in my capacity as no-one in particular, declare the voting closed.

Last call:

Tab 5
Stoic 1

Thanks to everyone who voted, and thanks to Stoic for participating.

I thought by, “Abandoned,” you meant, “No longer is use or regularly occupied.” That’s how I would have used the word. I now notice that you also said, “Empty,” so, my apologies.

What if they entered the back while you started the fire in the front, or vice-versa? What if your flames caught a nearby (occupied) home on fire?

I think my point was more that crimes are adjudicated after the fact. It is up to you what your view is on the matter, it’s just that arson is one crime and murder & manslaughter are different charges.

You said, “…virtually every felony” and I was just asking whether you believe arson should be included (just arson - no added charges)?

Yes.

Fair enough

If I end up a judge on that i promise i’ll consider both argments as objectively as i can :slight_smile:

I will make sound arguments, Tab will make better ones. You cannot become better at Chess if you don’t play superior opponents, though.

I agree but only with white collar crimes.

so when is that debate happening and who’s in it and judging etc…

Interesting topic for sure

You’re a Judge.

I’m waiting for Tab to decide whether or not we should each pick a Judge, or if you should pick the other two. He’s busy with finals over there this week, so it’ll probably start early next week.

I think Barcelonic should choose, otherwise trajicomic will heckle us again.

Finals are on wed/thur next week, and my kid’s just been circumcised so I’m a bit busy at the moment. Weekend after next sounds do-able.

Trajicomic won’t be here until he thinks of another handle and gets a new IP address/E-Mail set up.

The weekend after next works for me. I don’t have much of a reputation for rushing these things ever since the Time Limits I tried in the ILP/ILO Debates failed miserably.

Aw, poor tc got the chop…? I’m literally flooding with tears right now.

Wait a minute, if the date above this is accurate,http://writeitorbust.blogspot.com/2012/06/democracy-vs-dictators.html then that mean tab aready had most of his argument written…

Lol, no I back-dated it so that the Weak State post would appear at the top of my blog. I’m not that competitive. :laughing:

Well technically it wouldn’t have been cheating anyhow.

It’s pretty much why I like debating, even if I lose, I usually get a decent blog post out of it.

You up for another debate?

I think I’ve got one with Pav when he’s got his RL sorted out, but after that sure.

Can we go with next week, Monday as a Tentative start date?

By the way, I answered your question in your SS thread.

Super.