Challenge To Tentative: On Bullshit Morality And Ethics

I would like to challenge you on that perspective along with any petty fictional moral or ethical valuations you might hold in belief.

Care to accept my challenge?

Joker, there really wouldn’t be any point in trying to discuss the issue. Your concepts are in black and white and I see only grey. But just to point out the futility of seeking out that which is moral or ethical, one only has to look at the mores of all the societies scattered over the earth. All have a bit of commonality, but just kinda. And some are contradictory - even inside their own society. Maggie Mead coined a couple of terms in her sociological studies. There is etic - what we say is moral. Then there is metic - what we actually perform. They don’t always match up. What is moral or ethical is both local and provisional despite all the philosophical castles in the sky.

This is a subject that has been beaten into the ground too many times, and no, other than my few sentences in the other thread, I have no desire to pursue the subject.

Come on Tentative! Debate me!

If you are so strong in these held convictions of yours allow some scrutiny in debate.

State your position a little more clearly, and I might take you up on it. :sunglasses:

Morality and ethics are deluded fanciful socially constructed fictions or metanarratives used to control the behaviors of each other.

The mores scattered all over the earth are relative. Commonalities are similar but not the same where the fictional apparatus constructing the need to control others is definitely the only thing that is same.

How can constructed absolutes be contradictive?

They always claim to be the final interpretation on everything.

Finality describes noncontradiction yet in actuality that is just not the case.

When something does not quite match up it becomes a great time to become skeptical.

Too bad. Everybody would rather blindly believe in fictional slave morality and ethics instead describing them as real.