Who here is an alpha male?

Yes but conclusions don’t lead to dominance or a revelation of an alpha male, regardless if one is clearly right or wrong.

Oh yes? What good reason would that be?

Your grammar has suddenly improved. Do you get lazy sometimes? If so, that’s when a challenge will floor you.

And what was the outcome of all those challenges?

Of course your not into dirty work. That sort of thing is for chamber maids.

Well if your displays are firm enough, others will be fearful.

What ‘species’ is that? Males challenge each other and so do females. There’s very little sharing going on.

Tickles feet.

Not sufficiently to be persuasive which is why I have picked up on it.

Anyone who wears shades at night is crying out to be dominated.

I wouldn’t interpret wording such as “more likely” in such a black and white manner.

What I was describing was tendency. Omegas tend to be nicer, particularly in the non-threatening kind of way, and alphas tend to be more violent due to the fact that they never had to learn to control themselves and compromise to quite the same extent as omegas. Notice use of words such as “tend” and “extent” - they are very important to my point.

I have also previously covered the fact that, despite the tendency of alphas to be relatively more violent, violence is often not necessary.

With regard to female selection, it turns more toward alphas during times of threat and scarcity of resources, and more toward lower ranks when things are calmer, richer in resources - so more attention can be given on both accounts to care and nurture, particularly toward offspring. And it is never only one or the other, so no, violence does not necessarily send females running in the opposite direction.

Nobody gets a medal or levels up like in a video game. The dynamics are subconscious when not conscious: respect changes, opinions change etc. - and all on potentially very subtle levels. Often, like I said, the change doesn’t reveal anything particularly clearcut. But clearcut boundaries aren’t needed for one person to be more dominant than another to the smallest of degrees. Small degrees often don’t finally resolve matters of rank, so alphas can “battle it out” potentially for a long while, but it gets resolved eventually. Likewise with a beta challenge to the established alpha.

Whether one is “clearly right or wrong” is immaterial, the turning point is when one starts conceding to the other to a signficant degree, in a way that is not necessarily related to the topic at all.

I guess it’s just something you’ll come to realise in time.

I find I can afford “laziness” without too much danger. If it gives someone a way in then all the better.

I get something out of each one and find my worth to be increasingly proven each time.

Yeah, if fear is what you want. It’s not the only way to earn compliance - I don’t need to expend huge effort to attain something small and simple.

It was some primate, I forget which - most likely gorillas, though it’s probably something that extends beyond just them e.g. humans.

:stuck_out_tongue:

And when “significant degrees” do not occur for some?

Hasty Generalization :smiley:

:laughing: Fuse, you’re probably more on the way to being an Omega guy. They may have some friends but like to do things on their own without being part of a group a silly clique. They don’t feel the need to be leaders. They can relate to all kinds of people and like to get things done on their own. They don’t feel a need to use people. They are not haughty or arrogant where it comes to what they’ve done or accomplished. But they happily realize they’ve achieved something and do take pride in that.

As opposed to the alpha, the Omega man does not need the kind of recognition or support that the alpha does - he knows exactly who he is - what his human worth is, and doesn’t need to be worshipped by his minions or friends. :laughing: He knows he’s capable of mostly standing alone (prefers it even) even when he chooses not to, and his relationships, which he may have far far less of, than the alphas, are much deeper and more meaningful than that of the alpha male. They’re both strong in their own ways, but the Omega man has more inner strength - he just does not need to exhibit it.

Two alphas are fighting over a female in a club, vying for her attention, while she looks on, bored. The stronger alpha gets to take her home and he absolutely knows he will have sex with her…after all, he is an alpha male. :evilfun:

Meanwhile, in walks the Omega man, goes over to her and says hi, smiles at her…they have a few words…and out the door she walks with him…while the two alphas haven’t even noticed that they’ve lost their prize. #-o

The Omega takes her home, doesn’t assume sex, there isn’t any - just a wonderful intimate conversation and many, many more and 2 years later they get married and live happily ever after. :laughing: Meanwhile, those 2 alphas are still in the club fighting over that female…long gone. :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah I agree with this

Really…then why did you say “whatever floats your boat”? :-k

Omega meaning last, I would think would be the 40 year old virgin, but I don’t think you described the guy who is always last here…

No, the Omega guy is not the last guy, the 40 year old virgin - though he probably wouldn’t give a damn if he was. He was probably just living his life in his own way, according to his own needs, and enjoying it. He probably wouldn’t even label himself as a virgin - he’s given up labels and in a sense he is more man than the alpha. He doesn’t judge himself according to how his peers do nor according to how his peers live. He isn’t necessarily an ‘island’ but if he was, he could happily and contentedly float on.

The ‘last’ here more pertains to what he has evolved into…perhaps the alpha is not on the first rung but the Omega is the last and also the first, in a sense. The alpha has far to go but the Omega is just about there.

To me, the alpha is barely a diamond in the rough but compared to the Omega, the alpha is strictly the coal :laughing: before all of the pressure and the heat and the energy has formed and created those wonderful patterns which the Omega has within him. The Omega may not be perfectly complete, but he stands above the alpha, though not really caring or having anything to prove while the alphas observe him and weep…and the Omega does not even notice. He’s too busy living his own life on his own terms.

There you go there’s the lone wolf dealy.

No, he’s really not a lone wolf. That’s someone who has no friends or relationships for whatever reason…fear of commitment perhaps or some kind of anti-social being…he wishes to be an island. The Omega does have a few friends, just not as many as the alpha usually has - all of those hanger ons. Like I said, the Omegas friendships are few but deep. For him, quality pawns quantity. And he is a social creature, just not such as the alpha wolf.

He may have started out by being an outcast - self imposed or otherwise and it strengthened him in such a way that he came to realize that he can stand alone (usually does but not always) It is the intent that matters. But if he needed to be, he could be the lone wolf…being in the forest all alone can be a wonderful thing. Don’t you think? At the same time, he can hear the howls of the others…he doesn’t need them as much as all of the others do…and his howl is different than the others.

He isn’t the lone wolf but he may at times be the lonely wolf because of how he chooses to live his life…and lonely isn’t necessarily a bad thing. It’s a great thing not to have all of those minons hanging on you. He loves his aloneness and when he chooses not to be alone, it is because it is his choice…not his need.

We got the same vision just different terms …

Sounds to me like you’re just describing your ideal guy - and I don’t think omega is quite the right term.

Think scrawny, bitter, inept, hideous nerd with no self-esteem and not much to him, wishing he was popular. That’s your omega right there - compliant, overly self-conscious and vulnerable, pretty much everything that seems to encourage being dominated and probably bullying. Your ideal guy sounds more like fuse, gobbo or ww3 - none of them seem to give too much of a fuck what others think and appear to like where they are. Middle to higher ranks.

So you’re not into alphas, no biggie. Alphas like girls who nigh on won’t be won, who don’t want to have to put up with more compliant, modest males, who will only accept the guy who comes out on top. You don’t seem particularly alpha female, though perhaps middle to higher rank - matching your taste in men.

Btw, alphas don’t depend on minions… they tend to be friends with betas who are hardly puppets. Dependency doesn’t come into it for alphas, other people come to them - but that doesn’t even necessitate that the alpha requires friends. In order to be cool around people you pretty much need to be fine on your own, or a dependence and compliance out of fear of loss of friends will compromise your dominance.

You try to paint this picture of the vulnerable alpha, it really doesn’t compute I’m afraid. And preference for alone time is reserved for middle to higher ranks - as distinct from having no other choice than alone time since everyone thinks you’re lame…

Silhouette

Maybe I am…maybe I’m not.

:laughing: Silhouette, I think you need to take a course in reading comprehension. That is not what an Omega is at all.

I really don’t know these guys at all so I couldn’t determine whether they are alpha, omegas or whatever.
But it’s true that the Omega does not really care what others think of them (but not in a ‘I don’t give a shit’ fashion) that’s just self-denial -and they do like who and where they are. They don’t actually think in terms of hierarchys - they don’t need to - because they are content with who they are though they reach for more.

:laughing: I don’t actually label myself so much, Silhouette. I flow in and out of wherever I go. I don’t consider myself to be alpha or omega…I just am…wherever I am at the moment. Though I do love my lonely and alone moments in the woods and I love wolves…but I love the wolf that doesn’t travel in the pack…unless he wants to…I love the wolf that is not afraid to go it alone, though he is not a loner. I don’t see myself at the beginning or at the end…I travel forward and backwards. :laughing: So what does that make me?

I’m not so sure that alphas don’t depend on minions. Perhaps there are some who don’t - perhaps the ones closer to becoming omegas…lol…but I also think many do - they need the recognition and the support though they might not admit to it. I would even imagine that Omegas at times do - we are after all human - the Omega just doesn’t need it so much nor does he thrive on it.

I never actually said that alphas are vulnerable but they are more vulnerable as a result of not realizing that they can be, as humans. Perhaps what I ought to say is that the men who think they are alphas are more vulnerable as a result of not realizing…etcetera. The same goes for men who may think they are Omegas. :laughing:

And those ‘everyone’ may be in actuality, more lame than the one who is left alone. Who knows, he may be the true Omega. The supposed Alphas are a threatened bunch…that poor lame one may have much more to offer than the all the rest put together. One never knows what one might find deep below.

For whatever reason, you seem to be taking this thread too much to heart. Why is that? Do you think that you are an alpha? Anyway, they are just labels and how much do they really mean, especially since we are all capable of change. And they are just labels to portray a particular kind of person and since we are not so fixed and determined in our personalities and characters, don’t worry, Silhouette, you may become a flowing Omega at some point…maybe you already are but don’t know it. But labels are just not important. And look what they just did. This is why they really are so stupid - and of course, I’m just as guilty of perpetrating a farce here.

Cool, tent, very cool.
You bring out the ‘herd mentality’ in me. omg, I hate the herd mentality. You make me want to follow you. [-o<
You’ve ruined me for life.
Only kidding of course. :laughing:
I hope. :astonished: :confused: :blush: :unamused:
You may actually be an Omega guy, tent.
At the very least, a true alpha. Aooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!
I don’t know…I’m just playing.
The below is an alpha male - a true one.
TENT - HOWLING AT THE MOON.jpg

Why? So I can catch up on the course you’ve been taking on trashy faddish articles? I don’t know where else you could be getting your ideas on omega males other your own overly romantic imagination.

The human male equivalent of “the one who eats last” is not the endearing “loser” who has attractive self-knowledge and charm to make up for his rejection of the modern rat-race and wealth, sports and competition. Have you seen much of the world? There are males who are even more compliant, shy and inept than what you have in mind - they are the real omegas of society. Pop-culture doesn’t properly cover them - what it covers is males who actually have something to offer (just not in the traditional “man” sense), and it’s only the more appealing of this lot that meets your descriptions: middle/low ranks at the least.

Playing hard to get? lol. This is what so many women do: try to deflect labels at all costs in favour of portraying mystique, not realising that they only reinforce such labels in doing so. And it works - it’s as appealing as it is maddening.

Dominance ranks have very little to do with “hidden talents” or whatever else you might have in mind when suggesting “more to offer”. I’m sure the middle/lower ranked dream boy of yours has plenty “deep below”, and that’s not exclusive to his rank at all. You probably think of alphas as always completely superficial - no doubt through lack of real experience? Who exactly is threatening the “alpha bunch” by the way?

So you’re playing that card are you? I suppose if you " :laughing: " at everything that seems a bit serious and treat everything as a farce then you can go through your life without ever really needing to know anything, and without ever having to worry about being laughed at - because you beat everyone to it. I know this is all just another dubious classification of many.

I laugh a lot and always walk around with a big smile, but I choose to take some things seriously because I want to immerse myself in knowing more and I want to take the risk of emerging the fool. All because I like life.

Please, kids. I’m begging you. I have to read every single post on the godforsaken thread. Please remain cordial to each other. If I actually have to more than skim this thread-about-nothing, I’m gonna be in a very bad mood.

And Faust shows everyone who’s boss with his Alpha Dominant nature