KillDevilHill

Who, besides peter Kropotkin is here that posted on killdevilhill back in the day? There used to be some here - Impenitent, Yopele, sangrain.

Does anyone know where the fuck sangrain is?

Does anyone remember anyone else from there?

Seriously, where the fuck IS Sangrain? I miss that guy :frowning:

Jakob and I, of course. WL, sporadically. Jonquil. Satyr.

Oh, of course. Satyr had a different handle…I really am getting old. Was jonquil, jonquil?

Haven’t seen WL in a while.

Anyway, I knew there was more than I was accounting for.

I would love to find Raphael again. Anywhere.

Satyr, jonquil, and WL all had different handles. I prefer not to disclose any of them, though.

Aw, c’mon. I know WL’s and Satyr’s, by the way. If people think Satyr is a pistol now, they should have seen him then. Odd how I consider him an old friend, while he despises everything about my very being.

Jonquil? Who were you? Do I have to guess?

I’m sure I won’t.

Ah, killdevilhill. wasted many an hour doing battle with Raphael. My wife once accuse me of cheating on
her because I spent so many hours online there. In some weird masochistic way, I miss that place. I will
give it credit because I was forced to become a better thinker because of it. Due to work and writing my
book, I doubt I shall ever have that much time again to while away the hours.

Kropotkin

Good times.

agreed

Kropotkin

Forgot all about your ol’ buddy, fellow Mainer, omar.

Speaking of Raphael, he is of course nowhere to be seen, but we do have Bob from the ol’ days, who used to give the ol’ fundamentalist a run for his money.

Omar, of course.

sonnen - Raph’s number? You know Raph? Raph was a rock star, back in the day at kdh.

Hello Omar,
Hello Faust
Sauwelios, you seem to know a lot about KDH, though I don’t remember you.
At any rate, I’m feeling nostalgic today, so if any of the old crowd are around, hello and well met.

We had some good times back then, I hope these are good times for you now.

That thing I said about Satyr, jonquil, and WL also applies to myself. I do remember you, though I don’t think we were ever particularly close (not even as adversaries).

Here’s something I salvaged from a discussion between Raphael and another user. They were having a discussion on Alexander, around the time the Oliver Stone movie came out. Raphael was arguing that, because Alexander was a malakos (homosexual), he could not slip through Christ’s narrow gate…

" ‘Malakos’ means first a soft grassy meadow then by application soft and gentle and finally around the time the bible was being written in Koine (common) Greek it was being used in a pejorative sense to refer to the weak soft effeminate men. Well so much for blessed are the meek. Wait a second wasn’t Christ kind of a Malakos? He was after all much like a soft and grassy meadow, a place for his flock to lie down in green pastures, metaphorically that is.
Christ was not a Greek, Paul was not a Greek, none of the apostles were Greeks. They spoke Koine Greek which is a bastard form of Attic Greek spoken by the peoples conquered by Alexander, who was by no means a Malakos in his own language. Alexander the first over the wall, Alexander the great was not soft and effeminate and even less like a meadow. Alexander was more like a battle field strewn with the rotting corpses of the weak and meek defeated. Contrasted with the green pastures of Christ the difference is clear." (Collingsworth, “Re: Words and deeds”.)

Welcome to ILP.

Faust was just being mean. :frowning:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ETVOd4tcvis[/youtube]

deleted

Ahh yeah.
There we go!

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEnuanyRKII[/youtube]

:smiley:

What would you like me to tell you, Jakob?

I posted, but it lacked a certain Philotimo.

Hope to repost soon. Be patient. :slight_smile:

K: having read and appreciate your posts for years… I am sure
anything your write has a certain Philotimo (whatever the hell that means)
I wait patiently for your repost…

Kropotkin