Adages & Proverbs

[size=150]Talk to me about the truth of religion and I’ll gladly listen.Talk to me about the duty of religion and I’ll listen submissively,but don’t come talking to me about the consolations of religion or I shall suspect you don’t understand.[/size]
[size=150]-Unk.[/size]

[size=150]Faith and hope will always cancel out experience and guide one back into the old track to repeat the same old mistakes.[/size]
[size=150]–Unk[/size]

[size=150]The truth is this. When a man is riding by night through this desert and something happens to make him loiter and lose touch with his companions - he hears Spirits talking in such a way that they seem to be his companions. Often these voices make him stray from the path, so that he never finds it again.[/size]
[size=150]- Marco Polo, The Travels [/size]

“There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.”–Sherlock Holmes (Sir A. C. Doyle)

“Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.”–Sigmund Freud

" A mind is like a diaper. Both need changing often–and for the same reason."-- Woody Allen

The bitterest tragic element in life to be derived from an intellectual source is the belief in a brute Fate or Destiny.
Ralph Waldo Emerson, Natural History of Intellect (1893)

One glance at a book and you hear the voice of another person, perhaps someone dead for 1,000 years. To read is to voyage through time.
Carl Sagan

The best looking-glass is the eyes of a friend.
Irish Proverb

The dog that’s always on the go, is better than the one that’s always curled up.
Irish Proverb

Enjoy these little wisdom gems to ponder…

“A real friend never gets in your way - unless you happen to be on the way down.”
Dr Wayne Dyer

One kind word can warm three winter months.
Japanese Proverb

"Darkness reigns at the foot of the lighthouse.
Japanese Proverb

A lie travels round the world while truth is putting her boots on.
French Proverb

Every seed knows its time.
Russian Proverb

Faults are thick where love is thin.
Danish Proverb

If you ever need a helping hand you’ll find one at the end of your arm.
Yiddish Proverb

The truly rich are those who enjoy what they have.
Yiddish Proverb

If and When were planted and Nothing grew.
Turkish Proverb

A lake forms drop by drop.
Turkish Proverb

He that conceals his grief finds no remedy for it.
Turkish Proverb

A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song!!!
Chinese Proverb

"Though pedantry denies,
It’s plain the Bible means
That Solomon grew wise
While talking to his queens. " --W. B. Yeats

Like. O:)

[size=150]“Realize that you should be figuring out your patterns.”[/size]

• Mrs. Buddha.

[size=150]A wise man has doubts even in his best moments. Real truth is always accompanied by hesitations. If I could not hesitate, I could not believe[/size]-
Henry David Thoreau

[size=150]The artist is a receptacle for the emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider’s web.” [/size]
Pablo Picasso

[size=150]The wise man knows how to run his life so that contemplation is Possible. [/size]
Gabriel Marcel

[size=150]Man is not the lord of beings. Man is the shepherd of Being. [/size]
Martin Heidegger
Beautiful…

[size=150]And what is mind And how is it recognized? If I clearly draw In sumi ink, the sound Of breezes drifting through pine Is all that is seen.[/size]

• Ikkyu Sojun

Brevity is often the soul of confusion, not wit.

A friend who is far away is sometimes much nearer than one who is at hand. Is not the mountain far more awe-inspiring and more clearly visible to one passing through the valley than to those who inhabit the mountain? Khalil Gibran

[size=150]I love you when you bow in your mosque, kneel in your temple, pray in your church. For you and I are sons of one religion, and it is the spirit. [/size]
Khalil Gibran

“There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life–music and cats.” Albert Schwietzer