Adages & Proverbs

[size=150]Every blade of grass has its angel that bends over it and whispers, grow, grow.
The Talmud [/size]
:cry:

[size=150]He that gives should not remember, he that receives should never forget.
The Talmud[/size]

[size=150]We are that which is sensitive to initial conditions.
Tab[/size]

[size=150]We do not see things as they are. We see them as we are. :angelic-whiteflying:
The Talmud[/size]

Epigram from the French

Sir, I admit to your general rule
That every poet is a fool:
But you yourself may serve to show it,
That every fool is not a poet.

Alexander Pope (1688-1744)

As he lay dying, Sam Clemens was asked if he had made his peace with God. Clemens responded, “I didn’t know we were having an argument.”

If you understand then things are as they are, if you do not understand then things are as they are…
Zen Proverb

Don’t mess with Mrs Murphy…
Another one of Murphy’s laws

No man can make a building worthy of a God
I think it was a Celtic/Druid saying, but I might be making that up 8-[

Woops, bad typing day, got my name wrong registering too - should have just stopped at that point I think #-o

Last word should have read, “are”.
It was a typo.

[size=150]
Getting out of bed is not an accomplishment.
Taking a shit is not an accomplishment.
Place of birth is not an accomplishment.
Genetic inheritance is not an accomplishment.
[/size]

[size=150]“The greatest accomplishment that any one human can achieve is to simply wake up in the morning. Everything else is extraordinary.”
-Me[/size]

:wink: Bluff

[size=150]
haha…maybe you are sick if you find it an accomplishment to swing your legs from beneath a blanket!
Get well soon.
[/size]

:wink:

[size=200]It is not what you are called, but what you answer to.

Do not look where you fell, but where you slipped.[/size]

[size=200]No matter how full the river, it still wants to grow. [/size]

[size=200]The sun will shine on those who stand before it shines on those who kneel under them.[/size]

[size=200] When the child falls the mother weeps; when the mother falls the child laughs.[/size] :laughing:

[size=150]African Proverbs[/size]

“Remember that no matter how selfish, how cruel, how unfeeling you have been today, every time you take a breath, you make a flower happy.”–Mort Sahl, as quoted by Lewontin (2000).

[size=150]The deepest sexual penetration is really but a shadow of the way in which the Universe may penetrate us if we but allow it by sitting quietly and trustingly before this Universe. [/size]
ARCTURUS RISING (me)

[size=150]I got the better end of the deal. I only lent you my body - you lent me your dream[/size]
jude law as jerome in gattaca

If you linger to curse the snake that bit you, you will die from its poison.–me.

[size=150]Talk to me about the truth of religion and I’ll gladly listen.Talk to me about the duty of religion and I’ll listen submissively,but don’t come talking to me about the consolations of religion or I shall suspect you don’t understand.[/size]
[size=150]-Unk.[/size]

[size=150]Faith and hope will always cancel out experience and guide one back into the old track to repeat the same old mistakes.[/size]
[size=150]–Unk[/size]

[size=150]The truth is this. When a man is riding by night through this desert and something happens to make him loiter and lose touch with his companions - he hears Spirits talking in such a way that they seem to be his companions. Often these voices make him stray from the path, so that he never finds it again.[/size]
[size=150]- Marco Polo, The Travels [/size]

“There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact.”–Sherlock Holmes (Sir A. C. Doyle)

“Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.”–Sigmund Freud