Authenticity/Individuality - VOTE FOR GOD'S SAKE, VOTE !!!

I concede that the French I learned about arrgh, ooh, 28 years ago may be somewhat lacking. And the German I co-opted from Kennedy’s ‘ich bin ein Berliner’…

Thanks for the pointers. :smiley:

The Turkish however, is without parallel. :sunglasses:

I never dared touch that one…

If you like, I could teach you the basics of Turkish in another thread…?

Although I would like to learn I should focus on more important matters…like asking Arzou to teach me Turkish for instance. She would be a much more desirable teacher.
:slight_smile:

Who Arzou…? Ah - Turkish girl’s name. Gotcha.

Should be ‘Arzu’ though I think.

I can recommend Turkish girls. I married one afterall. :laughing:

Oh and btw. Anyone else reading this - it’s still 2-0 to me, Fuse and debaitor need your votes NOW!!!

Hmmm…Arzu, huh? Thanks, I might have messed up with that one. :slight_smile:
I have to hand it to you though, the Turkish girls sure can be pretty…and temperamental I noticed.
:slight_smile:

They aren’t a patch on their families. Seriously, check on Arzu’s collection of big brothers before proceeding. Well, semi-seriously anyway. :wink:

Yeah, I heard her talking…
:-k

Knock knock.
Who’s there…?

Bump.

For God’s sake, somebody vote, please.

b U m P

i think it’s a draw - basically, Tab deftly annihilates the notion of individuality and difference as being indicative of authenticity, but then Fuse disarms him with the simple point that one needn’t be different to be authentic.

Debaitor, insofar as i’ve understood him, has boiled it down to the question of “if a painting can be authentic, then why can’t an individual?” - i don’t find this persuasive, as the standards of authenticity for a painting are (relatively) “objective” (Van Gough either painted it or not) whereas the standards of authenticity for an individual are as yet (despite numerous attempts throughout the forgoing exchange) unsatisfactorily defined and therefore remain, in the context of this debate, (relatively) “subjective”.

so i don’t think either side managed to eke out a clear win here - it was, as Objet points out, simultaneously frustrating and stimulating.

Bum-

Wha…? Holy shit, someone voted.

Thanks UPF, just for the sake of numbers, I’m gonna call your draw as 1-1.

That put’s the score at:

F&D - 1 point

Tab - 3 points.

Hey wait, in soccer if a draw is 1 point for each team, then a win means two point for the winning team. That would make it 5-1!

What’s soccer…?

Ohhhh - you mean football. 8-[

sigh
You native English speakers sure mess things up with synonyms! What are we , not native English speakers to do?
[-(

Thankfully, there is no synonym for cricket. the native english speakers can keep that one all to themselves… :laughing:

Yeah, to be honest, I don’t get cricket at all. I went to a few matches, mainly when I lived in Nottingham, near Trent Bridge, and the only way to sit through an entire match was to literally get so drunk you couldn’t physically move from your seat.

To play though, is terrifying. At school basically it’s target practice. “Hey Martin, in this game you’re allowed to throw that heavy ball as hard as you fucking like at that trembling puke just over there. What…? Stumps…? Fuck the stumps, break his fucking arm.”

Ah, fond memories.

Bifurbicated
umbillicals
mortify
policemen

Bipedal
uroboros
masturbate
perniciously.

Bimorphic
umbrellas
mediate